Ruststang94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race car
sucks that this doesn't work for the Ecoboost :( I was about to order one

keep us posted on the Ecoboost one!
Definitely will :)

We hopefully will have the blueprints finalized early next week and then have a prototype made after. Once we verify the prototype fits, we will start production of the Ecoboost shifter bracket.

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
Definitely will :)

We hopefully will have the blueprints finalized early next week and then have a prototype made after. Once we verify the prototype fits, we will start production of the Ecoboost shifter bracket.
I'm ready to buy as soon as it's available...could also be a test dummy lol

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
If this is used do you need Shifter Base Bushing Bracket like Steeda's? Do they compliment each other or eliminate the need for the other?

OP
OP

Hoblick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
If this is used do you need Shifter Base Bushing Bracket like Steeda's? Do they compliment each other or eliminate the need for the other?
it eliminates the steeda or stock unit

Sponsored

rainier446

Professional Amateur Tech
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW GT/PP
I just put the blowfish bracket on my 16'. I can tell you the thing is seriously beefy. All in all I think I like it better, but it did not solve all I was looking for, specifically the noise in 1st and 2nd. In digging in a little I think the problem is in the plastic stop/reverse lockout and the aluminum stop fence. I find that if I apply pressure to the shifter toward the driver side while in gear the 'marble' noise goes up. I believe that the plastic is moving/flexing allowing the shifter to move past the optimum position. This issue is almost exacerbated with the rigid blowfish. Before, I was using the plastic to push into the soft rubber retainer. Now I'm using that same plastic to push against the blowfish and the plastic loses.

Interested in your thoughts. I was thinking I might want to go the MGW shifter route in which case there might be a blowfish bracket up for grabs.
The factory shift linkage is horrendous, and has 3 pivot points where there should be 1. The best option for reducing or completely eliminating the shifter issues with these cars is an aftermarket shifter setup such as the Barton or MGW. I have the MGW, and it solved all my shifter woes.

Sponsored

Carlosa_garcia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium DIB PP 6MT
For the price it looks good if it can perform similarly to the Blowfish bracket.

suckerv

IG: @amelias550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
Sent you a PM, [MENTION=19588]Ruststang94[/MENTION]

TMSBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss, 2019 GT Convert., 2019 GT350R
has anyone installed this bracket with a driveshaft loop?

If you need or want driveshaft loop. The BF unit has that guilt into their design.

I run the BF on my boss. Super strong well built unit.

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Anyone done the bushings yet? I'll be installing the bracket and bushings over Thanksgiving but I'm not looking forward to the bushings...

suckerv

IG: @amelias550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
Just installed this today and so far I'm pretty impressed. Getting the four bolts in the shifter box was a BITCH with just a jack and jack stands, but it's doable. I came from Steeda's shifter base bushing bracket and for the record, I had no issues with Steeda's. Loved it. The only issue being that I broke one of the threaded studs that holds the Steeda bracket in place, so I was running on borrowed time before that bracket eventually came loose. I could have drilled the broken stud out and used a 6mm long bolt instead, but at the end of the day that was just more work than I wanted to do.

Enter FTBR's bracket. I bought it from another member here who didn't like the added NVH. The install wasn't very difficult, just time consuming, especially with my giant gorilla hands trying to negotiate the four 10mm bolts in the shifter box. Once everything was installed, I took her out from a quick spin.

There is a bit of added NVH and the shifter itself seems to vibrate a bit more, but overall this bracket firms up the entire assembly quite nicely. A couple of hard and quick shifts between 3-4-5 had no issues like before with the stock bracket.

Even though they mount to different locations, I would say the FTBR bracket is as good as Steeda's. Keeps the gates nicely aligned and gets rid of a ton of the mush that shifting originally had. And for me personally, it fixes the issue I had with the broken bracket bolt.

I'll be getting a MGW soon, but this is a decent compromise in the meantime. Solid quality, fairly simple install, and does what it says it does. A bit of NVH increase, but not enough to bother me (I kinda like a bumpy, more "violent" experience when driving this car). As far as what's better, this or a Blowfish, I really couldn't tell you. I've never used the Blowfish bracket, though they seem to mount in the same(ish) location, and I've heard nothing but good things about them.

On a related note, I now have a Steeda shifter base bushing bracket for sale, which I'll post in the members classifieds section in a bit (I still totally vouch for the Steeda bracket).

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=913704#post913704
Sponsored

Last edited: