Sponsored

Front Number Plate Holder - Discount Code: "Mustang6G" @ LakinPlates

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
I think that grill is referred to as the Corralled pony grill that was used on the 50TH anniversary edition mustangs.
Correct, it was used on the 50th anniversary Mustangs. I'm thinking about adding it to my order.
Sponsored

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
They havent done that for any other country yet, can only assume its going to be the same here. A clean bumber for dealers to (be told do not dare) fit ford supplied plate holders.
The Oz market is the only market that got those holes done at the factory for the 86.

Now you know why I'm a little concerned haha :/

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
The Oz market is the only market that got those holes done at the factory for the 86.

Now you know why I'm a little concerned haha :/

Yeh but I have more faith in Toyota's production being able to handle multi region differences compared to Fords ability to do so :D

OP
OP

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
From what I've seen and been told, all Mustangs have 2 dimples moulded into the Front Bar, where the Number Plate mounting bracket is screwed into.
These 2 'moulded in' dimples in the Bar, are the same for all countries, just a different style of bracket is mounted to the Bar.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I really hope they don't try and put this rubbish on my car. I am going to by a sto and show on the black friday sales. These plate holders are such a detractor from the car

Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Maybe one saving grace in being queue jumped is we get to assess the horrors that the jumpers get done to their vehicles before the oppressed waiters get our cars...

XR6VCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual Mustang GT
Those number plate holders look horrible. Why are they so thick??? They look so out of place.

Slim line plates are going to look ridiculous as the plate holder will extend so far below the plate.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
i like how the plate says "1 ford bum" also, nice find on the pic mate, seems like thats the plate holder we'll get, not too ugly either, but also no splitter :S
LOL, I read it as "One FED Bum" - i.e. FAT ARSE!!!

ecoboyboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
White EB auto
Well that screws my use of VIC US style plates and Craigs bracket (already purchased). Ford are hopeless at distributing information. Surely they realised that anybody wanting custom plates had to plan ahead.
Hopefully these brackets can be removed with minimal holes showing.
Idiots.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
i am going to email my dealer asking for plates to NOT be attached nor the plate holder... Maybe the show and stow? its too big for slimline but i guess i can use reg plates..

Sponsored

gs60wa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i am going to email my dealer asking for plates to NOT be attached nor the plate holder... Maybe the show and stow? its too big for slimline but i guess i can use reg plates..
Have just done the same and asked my DP not to install anything re license plates until I come up the dealership when my car gets delivered and we can decide how best to mount then. I have slimline personal plates on the front and rear too so don't want it screwed up with some half baked Ford Au decision.

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Have just done the same and asked my DP not to install anything re license plates until I come up the dealership when my car gets delivered and we can decide how best to mount then. I have slimline personal plates on the front and rear too so don't want it screwed up with some half baked Ford Au decision.
I'm watching what happens to you with our dealer because i'll be doing the same haha!

:ninja:

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I'd suggest a Lakin plate bracket, but he won't have anything to match yet - so someone may have to take measurements and stuff when their car arrives.

MuzzStang

2015 Black GT 'vert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 GT vert with Roush extras.
I'm watching what happens to you with our dealer because i'll be doing the same haha!

:ninja:
Likewise. Slimline plates front and rear pre-purchased here also.

XR6VCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual Mustang GT
Just seen on another forum (AFF) a picture of an Aus spec Triple Yellow Ecoboost. The car is on trade plates but has the black rear licence plate bracket installed and it stands out like a sore thumb against the bright yellow paint.

Anyone come across any other solutions that will work for Aus slimline plates?
Sponsored