Sponsored

My clutch replacement the good and bad .

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
Update time!
Sponsored

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Update time!
Had some tuning problems for the headers and was also waiting to install my MGW shifter before I let it eat ... But I have 600 miles on the clutch now so break in is over ..

Here it comes .... You bang shift the car now and it will take your head right off !!! Drives like a stock clutch but when you hammer it hang on !!! With the stock clutch you could bang 3rd gear and get a little chirp ..Now you bang 3rd with this clutch and the car goes sideways !!! It makes speed shifting touchy on stock tires but works great with my drag radials ..:clap2::thumbsup:

I give it a big thumbs up for racing , plus a great price compared to other clutch and flywheel set ups ..:thumbsup:

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
Man that sounds great!! I hope I don't burn out the stock clutch but if I do, I'll upgrade. Sounds like a monster. Be safe!

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
How's the clutch holding up? I'm getting close to needing a clutch and was looking into one like yours. So far I have about 47K miles on my stock clutch and it's starting to feel a bit spongy here and there. Not looking for a full out race clutch but something that will handle my current power and whenever I add a GT350 manifold.

Had some tuning problems for the headers and was also waiting to install my MGW shifter before I let it eat ... But I have 600 miles on the clutch now so break in is over ..

Here it comes .... You bang shift the car now and it will take your head right off !!! Drives like a stock clutch but when you hammer it hang on !!! With the stock clutch you could bang 3rd gear and get a little chirp ..Now you bang 3rd with this clutch and the car goes sideways !!! It makes speed shifting touchy on stock tires but works great with my drag radials ..:clap2::thumbsup:

I give it a big thumbs up for racing , plus a great price compared to other clutch and flywheel set ups ..:thumbsup:

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
He has an auto now.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
How's the clutch holding up? I'm getting close to needing a clutcth and was looking into one like yours. So far I have about 47K miles on my stock clutch and it's starting to feel a bit spongy here and there. Not looking for a full out race clutch but something that will handle my current power and whenever I add a GT350 manifold.
For a na setup it will be a good clutch choice,fi dont think about it,mine lasted one trip to track and slipped bad.Im now going with an rxt.Also just a heads up the clutch pedal.will be stiffer with this clutch.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
For a na setup it will be a good clutch choice,fi dont think about it,mine lasted one trip to track and slipped bad.Im now going with an rxt.Also just a heads up the clutch pedal.will be stiffer with this clutch.
Thanks for the response! :thumbsup:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I'm actually surprised lighter flywheels aren't mentioned more often on here ... within reason, they can really liven up the engine (make it more free-revving).

The Coyote revs easy enough as is mind you (unlike my old LS3).

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I'm actually surprised lighter flywheels aren't mentioned more often on here ... within reason, they can really liven up the engine (make it more free-revving).

The Coyote revs easy enough as is mind you (unlike my old LS3).
agreed...I am getting a lot of comments over on the FB boards. People cant believe Im getting the power to the ground that I am with a little P1. Every chance I get to lighten up the rotational mass I jump at it. So far lightened steel flywheel, the RXT is actually a tad lighter than the stocker, CF driveshaft, lighter wheels. All helps get the power to the ground.
Sponsored