Sponsored

Dashcams

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
just a heads up to anyone installing/getting installed a dashcam, if your car develops a rattle in the dash (commmon) ford will not fix it under warranty.
Sponsored

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
just a heads up to anyone installing/getting installed a dashcam, if your car develops a rattle in the dash (commmon) ford will not fix it under warranty.
Is your dashcam hard wired and runs through the dash?

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
Is your dashcam hard wired and runs through the dash?
F770, runs alongside the drivers door and down, the rattle comes from passengers side behind the dash, i'll fix it sometime until then just turn the music up lol, they just looked in the car saw there was a dashcam and said "it's not covered under warranty due to installation of the cam"

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
they just looked in the car saw there was a dashcam and said "it's not covered under warranty due to installation of the cam"
I'd try another dealer.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
They are full of BS... Tell them where to shouve their dealership and find another. Mine not only fixed the rattle but said I was more than welcome to leave the cam on while they were servicing the car, they said they had nothing to hide.

F770, runs alongside the drivers door and down, the rattle comes from passengers side behind the dash, i'll fix it sometime until then just turn the music up lol, they just looked in the car saw there was a dashcam and said "it's not covered under warranty due to installation of the cam"

Sponsored

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
Thanks for the extra info. Very disappointing!

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, G6ET, 2016 Mustang

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes they are the correct fuse taps, don't forget to grab an extra 7.5amp and a 10amp micro2 fuse.
thanks mate.

it says it comes with 2 x Micro2 15A Fuse.. will that work or i will need to get extra 7.5 & 10 ??

Sponsored

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, G6ET, 2016 Mustang
thanks mate.

it says it comes with 2 x Micro2 15A Fuse.. will that work or i will need to get extra 7.5 & 10 ??
I would buy the correct 7.5 k 10 amp fuses, otherwise you could cook the camera

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Wondering if any other Thinkware owners have encountered this. My camera has been working perfectly for a few weeks now with parking mode disabled. A couple of days ago I enabled parking mode set for time lapse and a 12.3v cutoff. That's worked fine for the past two days. This afternoon I was checking the memory card and found that it had started constant recording at approx 3.30am and had continued until I left for work around 5.40am.

How it started constant recording I don't understand. That should only be possible when accessory power is on. That's how it's wired and that's how it's worked up until now. The only thing I can think of is parking mode reached it's voltage cutoff and somehow instead of shutting down switched to constant recording. The start of the constant recording does show voltage at 2.2 which is below the 2.3 cutoff I have set for parking mode.

What has me worried is I believe it would've just kept recording until the battery was too flat to start the vehicle. It was down to 11.9 when I started it to leave.

Anyone experience this? I have the latest firmware installed FWIW.

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
picked up my thinkware f770 today, now just need someone to help me install it..

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
do these dashcams only work when the engine is on. Otherwise wouldn't it drain the battery, or is run off battery?

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Depends on the camera. Some have a parking mode that has the options to shut down at a certain voltage so as to not flatten the battery beyond the point the car will still start. You also have the option to fit a dedicated backup battery for those so it can't flatten the car battery. Other more basic ones will only work when the car is on.

I currently have my F770 set to time lapse parking recording. That records 1 fps instead of the normal 30. I'm finding after ~8.5 hours the car battery is down to 12.4 - 12.3 volts. Still more than enough to start the car and that's with front and rear camera running. I'm still concerned by what it did a few days ago though but I've since learned the vehicle will actually disengage the battery at 11.8v so will have a further play around with it on the weekend.
Sponsored