Sponsored

Ring Time for the ZL1-1LE........wow

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Verification? I want corner weights, fuel test, dyno test(the day it was run), blower verification, psi output(again day it was run), and tire verification.

Again as I have stated before gm has been caught with non oem parts on their ring time vehicles in the past. Hell am engineered confirmed shaving tires for more grip.

The last time an independent group ran a gm vehicle it was 12 seconds slower than GMs claim.
You really sound like a whiner posting another time... Car is clearly impressive as is the driver. It is also faster than anything than Ford currently makes short of GT (which is really built by Multimatic). I get the Ford vs. GM bullshit, but you picked a wrong thread...

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I still dislike DI but the zl1 is awesome. The other downside is it doesn't respond to mods nearly as well the gt500. Still a really sweet car though

richtor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
You have proof of this where???
Here.

Second week of September I got a text from a friend at the Ring that said GM hadn't been able to beat the ZL1 time with the Z28, and due to scheduling, they'd be forced into having to manufacturer a lower lap time in cold and likely wet late Sept/early October conditions.

Wouldn't you know it, video shows up 30 days later of a Z28 nicking off the ZL1 time in cold damp conditions. Neat trick to get a street car on R compound tires in cold and wet conditions to do what it couldn't in the dry.

None of this is to say the Z28 is not a fast or excellent road course car, but I agree with your assessment of the credibility of these times completely.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
So hearsay is your proof. Wow doesn't take much for you to be a believer. Some people are just gullible. So this guy sits there all day long, watches GM laps and says they can't beat the zl1 time with the z28.:crazy: Wait another idea, this guy went up to GM and asked them, and they told him they can't beat zl1 time.:crazy::headbonk:

Sponsored

richtor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
You really sound like a whiner posting another time... Car is clearly impressive as is the driver. It is also faster than anything than Ford currently makes short of GT (which is really built by Multimatic). I get the Ford vs. GM bullshit, but you picked a wrong thread...
Not at all. I like to see times or performance stats where there is some form of independent verification. GM and their marketing of ring times are terrible to take as truth. When indepently testing of their times gm comes in last(biggest difference between gm claims and independent results) behind Lamborghini Nissan and Porsche.

As an example, Porsche just had Sport Auto run their 991.2 GT3 where it verified oem besides heavier safety seat and verified power output via the dyno. It ran a 7.18.2 with SA pro driver.
The Zl11le is a super fast car on track no doubt. Would a new oem zl11le from a dealer run below a 7.20 on the ring? Not a chance. Is it faster than any mustang for best lap time? Yes, no doubt.

I would love to see a stock zl11le vs a stock 09-13 zr1 on the same tires at any track. 650hp 3400lb vs 650 3900lbs, who would win?

richtor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
So hearsay is your proof. Wow doesn't take much for you to be a believer. Some people are just gullible. So this guy sits there all day long, watches GM laps and says they can't beat the zl1 time with the z28.:crazy: Wait another idea, this guy went up to GM and asked them, and they told him they can't beat zl1 time.:crazy::headbonk:
And you have no proof it's an oem vehicle. You believe a company trying to sell a vehicle and I believe people who have witnessed their lies. :cheers:

I find it amusing that GM is so committed to Ring times that they don't even bother to take off the visibly non-stock parts of the car anymore. Begs the question, what parts on the car aren't stock that you CAN'T see?

It's entirely possible this bolted-on addition will be available as part of some package, but it's definitely not what they've been showing at auto shows and in press photography. A tall wicker bill isn't exactly a small change when downforce matters, especially over the course of a dozen miles. Does anyone know if they offer the car with this adjustable rear spoiler?
Motor trend reported that GM claimed it could do as much as 6 seconds better in the dry.

I question how a car heavier than a Zo6, with a Zo6 engine, and Zo6 magnetic suspension technology, beat a Zo6 and a ZR1 time and did it in the rain. And that is compared to a ZR1 with its "cheater" tires. Ford fan or not, that raises questions in my book! The only notable difference that could be considered a "benefit" of the z28 versus the vettes is the 305 tires on the front where the vettes use a staggered tire size.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
And you have no proof it's an oem vehicle. You believe a company trying to sell a vehicle and I believe people who have witnessed their lies. :cheers:
The wicker bill was a factory option for the z28, so how was that cheating?

And like has been said by many on this forum, you can't compare times of different cars if they were not on the same day testing. Just read the zl1 vs 350r thread. So having one car faster then another but done years apart, can easily be done on such a large track. You are seriously grasping at straws here.:headbonk:

richtor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
The wicker bill was a factory option for the z28, so how was that cheating?

And like has been said by many on this forum, you can't compare times of different cars if they were not on the same day testing. Just read the zl1 vs 350r thread. So having one car faster then another but done years apart, can easily be done on such a large track. You are seriously grasping at straws here.:headbonk:
As was stated it was not on the car shown to the media, car shows or press releases. They had to add it since it was so obvious. What else not seen was on the car? As someone else stated here on this forum, it's common knowledge with in the community of engineers in Detroit that the showroom stock z28 would come nowhere close to the time gm claims it can run. But go ahead believe the claims gm that no one can back up. :headbang:

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Guys lets just take in all the facts here. GM made a 70 grand car which is even faster than their current corvette line up except the zO6 with the zo7 package. Now the question is can Ford with the gt500 come close to that price range and performance? We are talking about 5g's above a gt350r without ADM. Without lowering the prices for the entire gt350 series, I don't see a way out of this. Most likely gt350 will stay the car for an enthusiast, and gt500 also for an enthusiast with deeper pockets!

Sponsored

Zebra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GT500
Guys lets just take in all the facts here. GM made a 70 grand car which is even faster than their current corvette line up except the zO6 with the zo7 package. Now the question is can Ford with the gt500 come close to that price range and performance? We are talking about 5g's above a gt350r without ADM. Without lowering the prices for the entire gt350 series, I don't see a way out of this. Most likely gt350 will stay the car for an enthusiast, and gt500 also for an enthusiast with deeper pockets!
Completely agree... but they have the price range to shoot for. Let's see if they can get close. GT500 has always been a bit more than the ZL1

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Completely agree... but they have the price range to shoot for. Let's see if they can get close. GT500 has always been a bit more than the ZL1
Well if Ford enters the game with anything 75 grand and above then thats zo6 territory!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Well if Ford enters the game with anything 75 grand and above then thats zo6 territory!
Did they fix the overheating issues?

And after seeing the reviews of the Z06 where pro drivers say it is dangerous and difficult to drive, you still would consider buying one?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Id buy zl1 1le before a vette all day. Vette reliability has been on quite the downward spiral since the c6.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
It's an extremely impressive time.

That being said, I would like to see it run MRLS where there are people to do controls and verify the equipment in the car.
Sponsored