Sponsored

HR405 is here, the verdict is...

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Love that blue. Car looks amazing.
You mentioned taking it to the track after PPF, keep in mind Ford recommends 1K mile break in prior to competition use.
Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Absolutely stunning !! Congrats. I could only buy the white with blue stripes, but when LB came out, I considered your colors. The combination of R, W & B really pops, esp in sunlight. Enjoy your ride. Look forward to your comments as you drive it. :headbang: :cheers:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Luckily, I have pretty decent roads and have not really dealt with much tramm. However!!! the groves I have found, tires follow. HARD!!! 2 hands at all time. When I picked the car up it had 39psi on each corner. Felt much less tram but the ride was horrendous!!!! Much better with the 32PSI.
Pilot Sport 4 S tires are on = zero tramlining, zero.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Congratulations. Beautiful R. Best of luck with it! I agree with your review.

I have to say I don't think there is much that will solve the tramling. I had the brace and swapped to a more compliant tire. Both helped but the tramlining was still the worst of any car I have ever driven. Note that I did not have an R which I hear is worse. I put 305's all around on my Hellcat and it does not tramline nearly as bad as the GT350.

The GT350 is great for a smooth track or road but man, you had to always be paying strict attention when driving my GT350 on the street. I had it do lane hops on certain dips and imperfections in the road. IMHO, this was the largest negative of the GT350.

Sponsored

censport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW M3/2011 BMW X5/ 2017 GT350R
Another E36 M3 brother, nice. But yes, few cars even today come close to the 'feel' of a fresh E36 M3.
same here, e36 m3 for 10 years and currently e46 m3. i want another e36 some day.

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Congratulations. Beautiful R. Best of luck with it! I agree with your review.

I have to say I don't think there is much that will solve the tramling. I had the brace and swapped to a more compliant tire. Both helped but the tramlining was still the worst of any car I have ever driven. Note that I did not have an R which I hear is worse. I put 305's all around on my Hellcat and it does not tramline nearly as bad as the GT350.

The GT350 is great for a smooth track or road but man, you had to always be paying strict attention when driving my GT350 on the street. I had it do lane hops on certain dips and imperfections in the road. IMHO, this was the largest negative of the GT350.
My 997.1 GT3 with aggressive alignment and newish MPSS was a handful especially in Portland where folks use traction tires (studs) several months out of the year. Once in those ruts the car would drive itself, but switching lanes was quite exciting!

I'm getting my R track aligned before delivery and will wrap the N4S wheels with MPS4s for street duty. So much looking forward to getting this car!

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Congrats! Agree with you on the steering feel, but once you load the tires up and toss it around, there is really good feedback. Unfortunately can only be seen on twisty roads and on the track.

OP
OP

teamsketch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R
More Impressions

Got to drive the R a little more this weekend. Still only have about 200 miles on the car, but getting more used to it.

The tramlining is getting a little better and less noticeable. Not sure if I'm just getting used to it, but car felt much better over the weekend. Will still move to MPSS on the street eventually but for now it is OK.

Finally tried track mode. Up until now, I totally avoided it because I assumed the suspension settings would be way to punishing for the street. On the contrary, I found that on smooth roads, the track suspension setting really makes you want to drive in anger. It feels so planted and together, without being harsh. Again, I can't believe how amazing these adjustable dampers are. Most cars I would choose one setting and just leave it. This is the first car that I am actively changing modes depending on the mood I'm in. It really is an amazingly versatile vehicle.

Steering feel is still not great, but I am too busy enjoying the other aspects of the car to let it bother any more. :)

Finally installed the front splitter. Haven't noticed a difference but really happy that I don't scrape when entering the drive way.

Anyway, having fun enjoying this truly remarkable car. Look forward to meeting up with some other 350 owners in the area soon.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
If you done your braking before going up and down on bumps and driveways, so the suspension is extended, and take it easy maybe attack them sideways a bit, not full frontal on, you should not scrape but to very tall ones... but again, you can avoid those all together.
Sponsored