oil analysis

OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
We seem to agree, so we share same engine, most motorcraft oil, so lets share our results so we can see trends of typical wear from the voodoo. Especially if we get readings on one before goes.
Sponsored

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
I agree. I'll post after the next burn.

I did this for my previously owned 7.3 trucks. Mostly for early warning signs of failures unique to that line of engines.

Schredder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt 350
I have a question for you guys. I went to 5 places and only the last one had any 5w50 full synthetic of any kind , And it was mobil 1 . When I had my recall done ,I had the breakin oil change done. I'm pretty sure he used a different brand than motorcraft. It was synthetic and I'm pretty sure he only put 10 quarts in. I wanted to pick up a few quarts to keep on hand incase my car burns a little. They had 9 quarts on sale for 5.76 a quart instead of 9.99. I bought them all. Untill I find some motorcraft do you guys think it will hurt to add the mobil 1. Thanks

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Can only say you are using non-approved brand of oil as Motorcraft or Amsoil are only two 5W-50 brands recommended. Can't answer if you need to change out pronto but given the reports of engine failure and the few cars that have burned through oil quickly without warning I don't think I would take a chance. Make sure you have a case of approved oil on hand and/or call ahead before oil change in future to make sure they have one of approved brands.

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Maybe you could post your results so we can compare?

Thanks
Here ya go.

Using Amsoil since the first oil change. I did add 1 quart during the last interval. Nothing surprising or notable. My scanner needs calibrated but hope this turns out readable.
OIL.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: