Sponsored

full tilt boogie racing shifter bracket

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Got mine installed but even with the supplied O-rings I'm getting some shifter collar rattle. Anyone else have this issue?

James at Full Tilt offered to send me another O-ring but I got a Barton collar on the way that I think will cure this once and for all. Gotta give them props for returning emails at 9pm at night. Always excellent customer service from them.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Definitely will :)

We hopefully will have the blueprints finalized early next week and then have a prototype made after. Once we verify the prototype fits, we will start production of the Ecoboost shifter bracket.
Why would there need to be a different bracket for the Ecoboost? Same transmission and shifter across the line

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
Got mine installed but even with the supplied O-rings I'm getting some shifter collar rattle. Anyone else have this issue?

James at Full Tilt offered to send me another O-ring but I got a Barton collar on the way that I think will cure this once and for all. Gotta give them props for returning emails at 9pm at night. Always excellent customer service from them.

Installed mine yesterday. No rattling issues after installing the supplied O-rings. However I did put upward pressure on the shifter when tightening the transmission mount bolts. By installing the bracket as high as possible I get good dampening of vibrations using the upper rubber on the shifter itself.

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
Was the ecoboost bracket ever produced??

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Installed mine yesterday. No rattling issues after installing the supplied O-rings. However I did put upward pressure on the shifter when tightening the transmission mount bolts. By installing the bracket as high as possible I get good dampening of vibrations using the upper rubber on the shifter itself.
Do you have much noise increase or other noticeable vibration?

Sponsored

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
Do you have much noise increase or other noticeable vibration?
slightly more vibrations when holding the shifter with my hand, but much more precise shifts as the bracket fixes the shifter to the transmission and not to the chassis like others do. No vibrations otherwise as the two O-rings are doing their job in my case. No noise increases either.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
slightly more vibrations when holding the shifter with my hand, but much more precise shifts as the bracket fixes the shifter to the transmission and not to the chassis like others do. No vibrations otherwise as the two O-rings are doing their job in my case. No noise increases either.
Thanks! This is back on my list of things.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Thread revival. With some time passed how has this shifter bracket been doing? Now that I have a few miles on my car the bloody shifter has gone all sloppy just like my '11 was, missed 2 shifts today and that's not normal for me even with the older car. I'm either going daft or this shifter issue is for real. Not real interested in spending a lot on a new shifter but wonder if this unit will tighten things up a bit and still stand up over time?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thread revival. With some time passed how has this shifter bracket been doing? Now that I have a few miles on my car the bloody shifter has gone all sloppy just like my '11 was, missed 2 shifts today and that's not normal for me even with the older car. I'm either going daft or this shifter issue is for real. Not real interested in spending a lot on a new shifter but wonder if this unit will tighten things up a bit and still stand up over time?
I have 46k miles on mine. It's gotten pretty sloppy. MGW is in my future.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I have 46k miles on mine. It's gotten pretty sloppy. MGW is in my future.
Yes, I'm torn between the two. Would prefer the MGW but living in the great white north that MGW turns into about $800 with currency exchange rate, shipping and taxes, versus maybe $125 tops for the FTB bracket. The MGW looks like a quality piece but kripes that's a lot of extra cost. If it was a track car I'd go MGW for sure, but it's just a sunny day toy so it's hard to justify the added cost.

Sponsored

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Has anyone tried installing this bracket on a 2018+?

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Has anyone tried installing this bracket on a 2018+?
Yup, work's great. Installed on my new '21 back in may. You have to lose the NVH bracket attached to the 2 outer trans mount bolts but this is not a big deal IMO. You can source the 2 outer bolts or reuse them if you don't mind cutting up the NVH device. What I did was work the 2 bushings out of the bracket with a vice grip, then cut the plastic and rubber away from the sleeves. This essentially gives you a spacer for the longer bolts and works fine. I also picked up a short throw handle off ebay for $100 bucks and put that in at the same time. I did all the work without dropping the driveshaft or exhaust. I did remove the crossmember just to drop the trans a couple inches. It feels like a top loader now. I love it. And I spent $200, not $600 for one of those MGW overpriced type shifters. And before anybody asks, yes it increases NVH. If you don't want to feel vibrations in a manual trans shifter go buy a BMW.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
You have to lose the NVH bracket attached to the 2 outer trans mount bolts but this is not a big deal IMO.
Did you see a way to keep the NVH damper with some modding?
I think the part will simply be a weight to change the natural frequency?
Did you happen to take any photos?

We are talking about this orange thing, right?

JR3Z-4A085-B
1666526868213.png

1666527330891.png

Last edited:

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
20220731_170913_HDR.jpg
you would have to cut up the shifter bracket to keep nvh device. Kind of stupid to do that imo. The increase in nvh is not a big deal, i actually like it a lot more. When i'm wide open at 7500 rpm banging gears i expect to feel the ponies in my right hand.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
@paulm1 Thank you!
You are right, I am thinking about cutting up the nvh damper. 🤔 😂

(I fully understand that the properties of this part are largely determined by its weight and how stiff it is connected to the part being damped. Cutting it out for the holder can also have negative effects.)
Sponsored

Last edited: