Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Some of you people are killing me it's GLASS, it's the most delicate material in your car. You should see the front windshield of my Porsche 997S! Glass loves to chip, crack, break etc.

Also never go Safelite or any aftermarket junk - OEM only.
The problem is the oem glass is "junk" and was clearly lowest bidder garbage. Like the ac compressor, thermostat, bumpers etc.

My daily driver has 402,000 miles on it and has no chips. The 350 had multiple chips in it and 4800 miles.
Sponsored

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Look familiar? Maybe 8250rpm has some nice harmonics :lol:
IMG_7108.jpg

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Look familiar? Maybe 8250rpm has some nice harmonics :lol:
IMG_7108.jpg

Be sure to only replace with oem. God forbid you replace with some low quality aftermarket crap. Lol

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Huh?

Some of you people are killing me it's GLASS, it's the most delicate material in your car. You should see the front windshield of my Porsche 997S! Glass loves to chip, crack, break etc.

Also never go Safelite or any aftermarket junk - OEM only.
Sorry, I have to disagree with this. My 1992 Mustang GT with 140,000 miles has original windshield without a mark. My 2006 Cadillac STS had 130,000 miles when I sold it, flawless windshield. And my 2011 Escalade has 80,000 miles, no chips/cracks either. All have been daily drivers for years. Disclaimer: I've never been on a track, imagine that increases stress cracks and chips dramatically. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough, lol.

Last edited:

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Got a nice crack in my windshield after about 5 weeks of owning the car, lol.

Sponsored

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
I had one in my windshield when I drove off the lot or it happend very shortly after.

What is kind of annoying is that I got Ford Triple care because I thought it took care of tires and the windshield. Come to find out it will only cover the repair of the windshield with Safelite, and if the chip spreads during the safelite repair then I am SOL as far as Triple Care is Concerned. Tire/Wheel coverage seems to be somewhat fair though which is the only thing keeping me from asking to have it canceled.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I had one in my windshield when I drove off the lot or it happend very shortly after.

What is kind of annoying is that I got Ford Triple care because I thought it took care of tires and the windshield. Come to find out it will only cover the repair of the windshield with Safelite, and if the chip spreads during the safelite repair then I am SOL as far as Triple Care is Concerned. Tire/Wheel coverage seems to be somewhat fair though which is the only thing keeping me from asking to have it canceled.
Remember if a tire is defective, blown, flat, or whatever, the Ford care will only replace the damaged tire, not the pair, so you will still need to buy a replacement tire to match the one that's replaced by the Ford tire care. Learned that recently when my wife's car had right side damage on front and right rear tires, probable pot hole, big one.

Ingotboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I know this is a few months old, but this carā€™s windshield is shit. 3 years with this car and it broke again last night, for the 5th time! Iā€™ve replaced each one with the factory ā€œFord Soundscreenā€. Iā€™ve had my insurance replace 2 and I paid out of pocket for 2 now it will be 3. Insurance was pissed at the 2 they paid for and it counts as a claim so they raised my rate last year, which is why Iā€™ve paid for 2 already. There is something wrong with the windshield/design or the way it sits on the frame.
Iā€™ve only replaced 1 windshield in my previous 30 years of driving since obtaining my license. 30 years and 8 cars total before the mustang. SMHā˜¹

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
To anyone who changed windshields -- does the sound deadening in the OEM glass actually work?

Ingotboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
To anyone who changed windshields -- does the sound deadening in the OEM glass actually work?
As a user of 5 going on 6 Soundscreen windshields I would say yes as the cabin area is quiet, however I havenā€™t had the basic windshield to compare to so I donā€™t know if the glass is aiding in the noise reduction or if itā€™s just the car itself. Iā€™ve replaced it with what it came with.

Sponsored

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
The problem is the oem glass is "junk" and was clearly lowest bidder garbage. Like the ac compressor, thermostat, bumpers etc.

My daily driver has 402,000 miles on it and has no chips. The 350 had multiple chips in it and 4800 miles.
What is your daily driver with 400 plus miles that's impressive

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
For those of you going through this, I recommend trying a clear bra made specifically for windshields and see if that doesn't help you.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
For those of you going through this, I recommend trying a clear bra made specifically for windshields and see if that doesn't help you.
That stuff costs what a new windshield costs.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I agree

My new windshield has 1000 miles on it, i can see all of the chips in the sun already
Sponsored