Sponsored

MGW Shifter Delivered

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Where did you get that shifter knob? edit looks like from mgw... are the threads the same on the stock shifter?
No, they are not. The MGW has a dual thread design that accepts both the stock shift knob and their custom knobs.
Sponsored

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
If you are doing the install yourself, if you search, I posted a PDF with step by step instructions, with tips, that follows along with the most recent install video.
Looking, but can't find your pdf file...

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
The way I look at it, the shifter is a component I interface with every time I drive. The improved feel and crispness of the MGW adds positively to the driving experience, so, I feel it is worth it.
Coming from a 2015 Mustang GT, I'm extremely satisfied with the stock shifter. I don't think I'll ever change mine.

Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coming from a 2015 Mustang GT, I'm extremely satisfied with the stock shifter. I don't think I'll ever change mine.
At one point I felt the same way as you, but ultimately succumb and made the switch.

The GT350 great shift feel comes from the Tremec, not the shifter. There is absolutely no feel in the GT350 shifter itself, as it is a joystick in design - a ball in a plastic socket.

The MGW has built in spring loaded gates, to some degree, which, in addition to the great Tremec feel, makes shifting feel even better.

The MGW certainly isn't necessary, but it does improve the driving experience for me.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Well put Zombo.

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Is there any reason to be concerned with a swap about the warranty? Sounds like that's the shifter to have.

Waiting on a car to play with!

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you do an internet search on the Magnuson-Moss act, you will have better insight into how this would/would not impact your new vehicle warranty.

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Zombo thanks for the info. Did watch their video. Looks like a very good product. Have never drove a short throw shifter. The only shifting the last few years has been the Freightliners here on the farm. Most likely a bit different! Ha

What can you pass along about their various short throw shifters?

Jason didn't mean to hijack your thread,it was helpful.

Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Gee I didn't think much of the factory shifter, or clutch. Working on both.

zzj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H1828
This MGW shifter is just amazing. I had never been to any of the track in my life before I got the MGW and I also thought why do I even need that? Then I think I would give it a try since it just looks great. So I paid a shop to put it on for me consider the only thing I can do myself is fuel the car lol.

The conclusion is that I just wish I had it on earlier and I can't live with the OEM shifter anymore. But it's something you need to feel other than just listen or read here. The experience is very unique and can't really described by the words.

By the way, there is a coupon code still working MGWSVTP2015. It's good for 5% off if no other deals are on now.
Sponsored