Sponsored

Check your splitter install

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
After watching the video again and realizing that there are a ton of things to miss, I went out and checked it out. Shockingly, all the fasteners are there...even the 4 angled screws.

garrettusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Will any dealer fix this for free on a new car?

OP
OP
Steve68

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
I would think so, it's a warranty issue. But let's face it, dealers suck, especially Ford dealers, so YMMV. As I've said before, if you have any wrench turning abilities you're probably best off removing and reinstalling it yourself.

Sponsored

garrettusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
And here I thought my baby was perfect the day she was born! :doh:

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Without starting a new thread, any easy way to get the screws out if I've already ground them down to the point where the allen wrench can't catch anymore? I got the ZL1 addons washers and was going to try to replace a couple with those instead of using all the self tapping screws.

OP
OP
Steve68

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
That ain't right.

Without starting a new thread, any easy way to get the screws out if I've already ground them down to the point where the allen wrench can't catch anymore? I got the ZL1 addons washers and was going to try to replace a couple with those instead of using all the self tapping screws.
I may be wrong, but I think you are referring to the rivets near the front of the splitter. Others have installed the ZL1 addon washers and IIRC the rivets must be drilled out. Don't take my word for that, use the search thingy. If you're talking about the torx head screws used where the splitter overlaps the belly pan, if the torx heads are gone (I can't image they are) then they'd have to be drilled out as well I would think.

mrdigray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 - White Blue Stripes

I just had the recall addressed and this looks exactly like mine did after they gave it back to me. They weren't aware that the belly pan tab at the front has to be placed in the right spot before they try to attach the splitter.

garrettusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My dealer is claiming they have to take pics and get the re-intall warranty approved by Ford since he said Ford pays the dealerships to install them... So in other words my baby has to spend the night at the dealer! EEK!

Sponsored

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
My dealer is claiming they have to take pics and get the re-intall warranty approved by Ford since he said Ford pays the dealerships to install them... So in other words my baby has to spend the night at the dealer! EEK!
That is really rediculous. The thing is installed wrong on a $60k car, just re-install the freekin thing. It should take about an hour!

firefisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
had the recall work done at my local dealer, The next day I took it on the highway and when I exited, The splitter was hanging off . Must have been dragging the whole way, the front corner was almost completely worn through. I had to pull it off to continue driving. I took it to the dealer the same day and they looked it it and denied any wrong doing. Even told me I had to hit something. They refused it fix it. Told me IF I buy another one they would install for free. I Called Ford customer service and they told me nothing Ford can do. Its a dealer workmanship issue. Car is a year old and was installed right the first time.
I can't believe Ford treats customers like this on their top of the line car. I have owned several high end cars and never been treated this poorly. Last Ford for me.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
had the recall work done at my local dealer, The next day I took it on the highway and when I exited, The splitter was hanging off . Must have been dragging the whole way, the front corner was almost completely worn through. I had to pull it off to continue driving. I took it to the dealer the same day and they looked it it and denied any wrong doing. Even told me I had to hit something. They refused it fix it. Told me IF I buy another one they would install for free. I Called Ford customer service and they told me nothing Ford can do. Its a dealer workmanship issue. Car is a year old and was installed right the first time.
I can't believe Ford treats customers like this on their top of the line car. I have owned several high end cars and never been treated this poorly. Last Ford for me.

Man...sorry you were treated this way. That dealership is unethical. This may have happened alot with the oil line recall...
Another - Thanks ford.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Do you have photos from before that might show the install was incorrect?
Sponsored