Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
looks like there is a perimeter day on july 29th and again on october 28th.

i don't think i'll have my car by the 29th event. and late october is a crap shoot with weather there isn't it? i used to race motorcylces at that track for a few years and october was either perfect fall weather or cold and pissing down rain.

you live there so you would know better than i would though.
You nailed it with the weather.
Sponsored

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm going October 15-16. Adding myself to the Google Doc too.

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Hey guys fairly new here and should be picking my R up tomorrow IF dealer can figure out how to calibrate suspension.

I received my supplement in the mail a few days ago and was quite impressed and surprised. Track Attack sounds like a blast!! I have not had a chance to read through this thread yet, but do you use your own car for the event or only Ford's cars? Any advantage to taking mine to the event? For long runs like this and to CA I typically trailer down.

Car will already be aligned with CC plates, tow hooked, and oil seperator'ed. Will need to log my break-in miles though as I'm also planning Laguna end of Aug.

Pumped!

Sponsored

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
Hey guys fairly new here and should be picking my R up tomorrow IF dealer can figure out how to calibrate suspension.

I received my supplement in the mail a few days ago and was quite impressed and surprised. Track Attack sounds like a blast!! I have not had a chance to read through this thread yet, but do you use your own car for the event or only Ford's cars? Any advantage to taking mine to the event? For long runs like this and to CA I typically trailer down.

Car will already be aligned with CC plates, tow hooked, and oil seperator'ed. Will need to log my break-in miles though as I'm also planning Laguna end of Aug.

Pumped!
They supply the car and doubt they would allow you to use your own. If you wanted it might be worth an ask though.

Regarding the second day I strongly advise taking it and in the Boss.

Enjoy the car and the experience!!!

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
I was there a in mid-june. Do it! They use their own GT350's on day one and either an upgraded GT or full-race Boss 302 on day two. The GT350 and GT have a roll bar and roll cage respectively. Also added 4-pt harnesses. You'll need to use a helmet and racing suit. They provide them if you don't have one. In case your're not a 30-something 165 lb guy, think twice about the Boss 302. It's a tight fit to squeeze in through the opening in the roll cage and the seats are tight. There's a reason they have removable steering wheels!

Do it! Do it! Do it! You can't >not< do it! PM me and I'll send you a write-up and links to pics.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Scheduled for 4-5 Sept. Hopefully it won't be too cold yet there.

SHLB DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
just got back today!

Just spent an awesome time at the Ford Performance Racing School in Utah yesterday. Great class and great company with other car guys who love this awesome machine. Ford has a great program going out there. The attention to details, like your last name on the car and the thumb drive u get with pictures taken by a professional makes this top notch, not to mention the actual class! Instructors are awesome and you get tons of track time....nothing but praise for these professional guys out there! If you get the chance to go, don't pass it up. :ford:

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
04JUL17 was my day at the FPRS GT350 Track Attack and what a day to celebrate the country's birthday! I want to thank Ford Motor Co. and FPRS for allowing me to attend outside the 1st year of ownership with a military waiver, THANK YOU! Great instruction and instructors. Slowest lap, east course, 2:13. Fastest lap 1:55. I definitely wanted more. May go back for the 4 day NASA course
https://www.fordperformanceracingschool.com/en/programs/race-licensing.html

SHLB DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
For the last lap on the track, the instructors drive and you just hold on for dear life :) James Burke at the wheel as I try my best to record with my phone held by hand. Gets better after about 15 seconds :) [ame]

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
For the last lap on the track, the instructors drive and you just hold on for dear life :) James Burke at the wheel as I try my best to record with my phone held by hand. Gets better after about 15 seconds :)
Considering it rained while I was out there and the track was completely wet they used the GTs.

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
For the last lap on the track, the instructors drive and you just hold on for dear life :) James Burke at the wheel as I try my best to record with my phone held by hand. Gets better after about 15 seconds :)
That brings back memories of a couple weeks ago. Gotta say, though, your instructor was taking it easy! Mine went full tilt and continually tickled redline. I never would have been able to hold the video like you did. If I wasn't slammed against the side of the car, I was hanging by the harness as hit dynamited the brakes! He said he'd made a couple people ill. :D

It sure points out what the car will do in the hands of a professional. And also why they don't do the hot lap at the beginning of your day!

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
planning ahead here.. me bein 6'6" tall even with the Recaro seat all the way down, ive got less than a fingerwidth space between head and roofliner.

How much space will I need for a helmet. And what are their suits like.. im not slim either :D
Sponsored