Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Guess not. You may be correct, who knows. I'm simply pointing out that, institutionally, the term "SVT" (with regards to the group that hides out in the Roush building in Allen Park) is still in common use. It isn't incriminating in and of itself.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Too much GT350 and not enough original styling
It's subtle in that picture but this looks to be a wide body, even in the rear - check the flares. I'd say this is pretty original and would heppay to see this as the GT500.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It's subtle in that picture but this looks to be a wide body, even in the rear - check the flares. I'd say this is pretty original and would heppay to see this as the GT500.
Agreed.....I'd love to see the next halo-Stang incorporate wider fenders front and rear. It suspect it'll get them at the front (as per the GT350) but the current camo'd prototypes don't appear to be concealing wider rears, which is a shame.

I think Shelby American absolutely nailed it with their widebody Supersnake :headbang:

2017-Shelby-Super-Snake-Concept.jpg

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I like the look of the wide body but they should at least add some sort of functional air ducts to cool and direct air to coolers and brakes. Nothing there but maybe little neddy nickers. The current 350 body enables 315 rears. I don't see ford putting anything larger on backs, would be nice to see 325s tho. I'm guessing that the sizes will be 305 front and 315 rear.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
It looks ok. But the side skirts kill it. Makes it look like a bunch of parts that don't belong together.

Fix the skirts and it would look pretty good.

Need to change the wheels too. Looks like a Pep Boys special.

S922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
Agreed.....I'd love to see the next halo-Stang incorporate wider fenders front and rear. It suspect it'll get them at the front (as per the GT350) but the current camo'd prototypes don't appear to be concealing wider rears, which is a shame.
Modifying the Body Side Outer Panel to widen the fenders in the rear is massively expensive for an OEM from the plant. Like $3 mil expensive. Other option is bolt on widebody like the Dodge Demon, which isn't as expensive but looks kind of tacky. If it is a North American only car that only needs to meet North American tire coverage regulations, OEMs can typically fit some damn wide tires in the stock wheelhouse. Just look at the Camaro Z/28, which is honestly probably just a hair past illegal.

Stay tuned, you guys will be happy.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The 350Rs - 315s stick out 1" past wells, rim could also sit in more with an offset. I can see a 325 out back!

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I'd just like to know when I'm going to be happy :headbonk:

[MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION], I had the opportunity to order a Demon this past week. I called a friend to discuss it first, as an $85k+ Dodge is a serious risk, and I begged for any inside info I could possibly get to sway me elsewise as I prefer NA, but Turbo if I go FI, cars.

In short, I was told to take my medicine and wait, as I would be more than ecstatically happy. So needless to say, I didn't order a Demon.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
"You guys"
What about you?! You happy?!
There is a commercial of a place that has good food, the cook says "when the customer happy, I happy.
I'd hope your gonna be happy before we are ;)

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
[MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION], I had the opportunity to order a Demon this past week. I called a friend to discuss it first, as an $85k+ Dodge is a serious risk, and I begged for any inside info I could possibly get to sway me elsewise as I prefer NA, but Turbo if I go FI, cars.

In short, I was told to take my medicine and wait, as I would be more than ecstatically happy. So needless to say, I didn't order a Demon.

That's great news. Don't get us too excited now!

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base

I hate reading between the lines as much as anyone but to me based on your friends estimation of your ecstatic response a large displacement NA is on the way in one shape or form.

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
I hate reading between the lines as much as anyone but to me based on your friends estimation of your ecstatic response a large displacement NA is on the way in one shape or form.
As I said before...come on Ford, take my money!l :headbang:
Sponsored