2019 GT500 Mule? Front Gills/Louvers

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Exactly the point I was trying to make. No way there will be 100K Mustangs produced by Ford. No one would buy IT!
I would if it was a 429 Boss, NA 7L with all the goodies of the 350R and maybe more CF, limited to 1000 and under.

Nobody bought or is buying the mustang GT4 or the other racing mustang either? Those are over 100K. I think its safe to say they would sell a steet legal version if they made it and it WOULD be priced 100K+
Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I would if it was a 429 Boss, NA 7L with all the goodies of the 350R and maybe more CF, limited to 1000 and under.

Nobody bought or is buying the mustang GT4 or the other racing mustang either? Those are over 100K. I think its safe to say they would sell a steet legal version if they made it and it WOULD be priced 100K+
You can sell a 100k mustang BUT it has be competitive across the board with the competition. Meaning much more CF for serious weight loss, big power, super performance and some luxury, leather/alcantara and wide body. Otherwise it would be seen as 30k mustang with lots of power.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Let's face it, the next GT500 variant isn't going to be a Gt4 type car. It's going to be cheaper and made in the 10000-15000 range. They know their demographic already and that's selling in the 70,000 range. I wouldn't expect anything different with this next one. Supercharged, manual only, no DCT. Will be a fast car for sure. I'm not expecting it to be a driver's car like the 350R and that's why I'm waiting to see how nice of a driver it is before getting very excited.
It's the main reason the zl1 doesn't win the head to head with the 350R. Sure it's a tad faster on the course and better on the strip but it's nose heavy and isn't as fun to drive. The supercharged GT500 will most likely be the same.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
They know their demographic already and that's selling in the 70,000 range. I wouldn't expect anything different with this next one. Supercharged, manual only, no DCT.
I don't know Jim. I think it may be available with the DCT as well.
GM made the Z06 and ZL1 both available with automatics, I'm "guessing" that Ford will follow suit. Again,...."guessing".

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I know what you're saying Tony, I'm thinking IF ford finally decides to put in an automatic in a GT500 it will most likely be the cheaper A10. The DCT in the GT is gonna be too costly IMO. It would be nice in a strip car to just mash the gas and not have to worry about lock outs from factory crappy shifting mechanisms ;)

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I don't know Jim. I think it may be available with the DCT as well.
GM made the Z06 and ZL1 both available with automatics, I'm "guessing" that Ford will follow suit. Again,...."guessing".
The next hi-po will be available with the 10 speed and it will post better numbers than the manual.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
It would be nice in a strip car to just mash the gas and not have to worry about lock outs from factory crappy shifting mechanisms ;)
What is this "shifting lockout" that you refer to?!?!
:D

The next hi-po will be available with the 10 speed and it will post better numbers than the manual.
Yes, I agree.
There will be some form of automatic available. Most likely the 10 speed and it definitely will be quicker then the manual.
Sponsored