Sponsored

Any Recommendations for Ford Dealer in the Scottsdale/Phoenix Area

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
What kind of problems? I haven't needed service but I was thinking of going there when I did based on the positive reviews above. Help forum members know what to be cautious about.
I have had a few, the main one being with my previous car. A 2007 S197. I was hearing some popping and grinding in the rear end but couldn't see anything wrong with the car.

Doing some of my own investigating I narrowed it down to a few things it could have been in the rear end.

Set up an appointment with their service department, spoke with a woman there who didn't seem to care or listen to anything I was saying. Had to repeat myself way more than I should have.

Asked if there were going to be any initial inspection charges or anything like that and she had told me no.

I show up and she says there's a $100+ something diagnostic fee. I bring up the phone conversation she had and she said she never said any of that. Whatever, I know dealerships have these charges so I left the car with them.

My appointment was the first of the day and I left it over night.

I called at noon, and they said they didn't start on the car yet..... She had no answer as to why...

Calls me two hours later and tells me they want to replace the front control arms... I calmly explained that I didn't hear any noises coming from the suspension or front of the car. She said they were cracked and they thought that was causing the problem.

She ensured me the mechanics are going through the correct procedures and know what they're doing and needed to fix this before moving forward. Which made no sense to me but I was at work and didn't have anymore time to deal with her. I said go ahead.

Figuring they're cracked, I would replace them anyway. Whatever.

She calls me shortly after saying that they replaced the control arms but as they were backing the car out the rear end exploded and the car needs a complete rear end build... No shit....

I'm pissed because they just told me they needed to replace the control arms in order to proceed and then the part I told them was the issue broke.

So here I am with around $2k+ in parts/labor estimate I think it was.

Anyways, to keep this short(ish), I argued with her, her supervisor, his manager and ended up speaking with the head of the service department or something and explained the situation. He charged me the cost of parts to replace gearing ring/pinion but I still had to pay for the control arms... That were not cracked, the bushings or something needed to be replaced...

Fast forward a few weeks, I'm out and about shopping for a new car. I figure my issue was with the service dept not sales so I'll take a peek.

I start talking to this younger guy, who I could tell just started working there because he didn't know anything. I'm asking about a Lariat F-150 they have on the lot and if I could see it.

He went to go ask his manager, he comes back with some other guy who sees my friend and I, dressed in basketball shorts and t-shirts, says they have no Lariat's, but if we were ever in the market for a new vehicle in a few years they could get whatever we needed.

I told him I was in the market currently for a new vehicle. He laughed and said "You're looking at $50k trucks?" I replied "Yes sir, I'm also interested in a new Mustang but I want to look at a few F-150s before I make a decision."

He looked me in the eye and said "Ok, well like I said you can come back and we can get whatever you want when you're ready."

I'M STANDING RIGHT FUCKING HERE IN FRONT OF YOU.

I laughed at him and bought a new GT a week later from Earnhardt Ford.

I refuse to go back there for those two reasons mainly, but have heard other bad encounters from friends. There are other options so I'll avoid them if I can.

Sorry for the long post.... :p

TLDR: I go to get car fixed and tell them what issue is. They replace something else that didn't need replacing and break what I told them was the issue.

Sales guy didn't take me seriously when I was shopping for vehicles, laughing at me and making stupid assumptions. I refuse to be disrespected by someone like that.

Fuck Chapman.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
:shocked:WOW!

Thanks.

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Yeah, I know it could have just been bad luck on my part with who I spoke with, but I've never had so many issues at a single dealership before so I take my business elsewhere at this point.

Milestone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
[MENTION=9788]boze[/MENTION] how did the service go at Sanderson Ford?
Sponsored