v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
bad day today.. i grounded the front of my car and the front bumper has popped off on the right hand side.

similar to this pic of the bumper being removed.

2015-mustang-rtr-grille-007.jpg

However the red ring of plastic round the 8mm bolt is snapped and its lost one of the trim pins that holds it on in front of the wheel. I think i can fix the plastic with fibre glass. But any idea where to get the trim pins? has anyone got any left over from mods per chance as i just need one???

N
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
bad day today.. i grounded the front of my car and the front bumper has popped off on the right hand side.

similar to this pic of the bumper being removed.

2015-mustang-rtr-grille-007.jpg

However the red ring of plastic round the 8mm bolt is snapped and its lost one of the trim pins that holds it on in front of the wheel. I think i can fix the plastic with fibre glass. But any idea where to get the trim pins? has anyone got any left over from mods per chance as i just need one???

N
You can get the Ford push pins, there was a specific name for them which I can't remember! I stumbled across a website the other day...it was a couple of quid for a bunch of them. Will see if I can dig it out.

EDIT: take a look at http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87833 there are a couple of links in there that should point you in the right direction///

Sudaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
I bought a selection of pushpins on Amazon. Cheap and they helped a lot during oor modding days.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a load of spare ones, that fit the belly and arch liner spot and the arch liner to bumper.

They came in this set:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350pcs-Pl...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

As for the 7mm bolt that came out at the top, is it split there? the bolt should still hold it in, most 7mm bolts with a about a 1-2cm neck on them should be fine to fit through and hold the bumper in place.

OP
OP
v8hgt

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys. Ive just ordered an assorted set of pins off amazon. Now to find some really good plastic weld and a strip of aluminium to reinforce the bolt hole.

Sponsored

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Tip for plastic weld is buy a cheap soldering iron and weld it together by melting gentle.

OP
OP
v8hgt

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Good tip Mac. I will get the gas iron on it tomorrow before adding the reinforcement 1mm aluminium mesh and epoxy
Sponsored