R Front Hubs approx. $700.00
R suspension components approx. $2000
R front spoiler approx. $1000
R rear wing approx. $4000
plus a new deck lid and paint add $1500
Programing to R specs guessing $200.00

Total $21400

Loss on your current car in trade probably close to 10K

And guess what its still not a R dealer markups are stupid crazy but are still cheaper than trying to upgrade a non R to a R.

The thing that is ridiculous is how great of a bargain a R is at MSRP

So sad the dealers wont come off there high horse!

I think the hubs are all the same.

Programming to R specs - I haven't even seen this done so I don't know that it's currently possible. Changing to a 3rd party controller is possible.

Rear wing - IMO, you don't really need the real thing here. I forget which one, but one of them is a perfect replica and I think it's @$1000?
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
HMMM dealer ADM on a R 20K plus

R wheels and tires approx. $12000
R Front Hubs approx. $700.00
R suspension components approx. $2000
R front spoiler approx. $1000
R rear wing approx. $4000
plus a new deck lid and paint add $1500
Programing to R specs guessing $200.00

Total $21400

Loss on your current car in trade probably close to 10K

And guess what its still not a R dealer markups are stupid crazy but are still cheaper than trying to upgrade a non R to a R.

The thing that is ridiculous is how great of a bargain a R is at MSRP

So sad the dealers wont come off there high horse!
This is why I'm going with my "R light" plan.

I got a set of Forgeline rims coming and even with tires it is a little more than 1/2 the CF set with tires.

FP springs and sways can be bought and installed for probably around $900. I can do the coding myself (or I know somebody I trust that can) if I feel I need it.

I don't care or I'm not good enough to take advantage of the extra aero of the R so no R splitter and wing for me.

On top of that, I have a MGW shifter and Beith custom steering wheel.

So if you don't care about having the exact R look and performance you can do it for a lot cheaper than your list or getting an R. I'm ok with not having the full performance of an R as I don't think I could fully exploit the differences between a non R or real R anyway. Plus I liked picking my own style rims and adding some of the custom features I like such as the steering wheel etc.

Just my two cents and a little different perspective.

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Those numbers are right or wrong based on your notion of what makes an 'R' an 'R'. Probably too optimistic.

Wing is 6k, but people pay 2k for Carbon2Carbon made from the recipe, but no Multimatic dog bones. Better or worse? Check the thread. Wheels are 10k online, so spot on there. Finish the entire package and you still don't have an 'R'. People are still going to miss the little things like weight reduction and removing carpet insulation. List missed the rear sway bar too, and that's important because of the spring changes not covered. And in 2016, your track pack would not have the same electronics as an 'R' so if you get fully specific it's almost us achievable to copy it.

It's more about choices. If you are racing yours or driving hard, most people think you can out bargain the 'R'. A dsc sport controller with a GT350 is going to outperform an 'R' but only if you get the balance tweaked for YOUR changes. So, as somebody with a tech pack, it's great to buy a set of OEM springs or sway bar for cheap.

But if you think you can just copy the R you'll get an incompletely set up car and are certain to miss the R experience the journalists and owners rave about.

Hots351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Terminator
If I was willing to purchase, R struts, R springs, R rear sway, but not R wheels and the vehicle dynamics module was still programed as a stock 350, am I going to end up with a car that is "off" or am I still looking at an improvement over my stock 350 but at a little lesser results to an R. I am afraid of throwing off the balance of my stock 350 by doing a half ass R spec conversion. Thoughts??? Also could a vehicle dynamics module (suspension tuning) be ordered for an R and popped in or has anyone actually had any real world experience having the dealer flash it to R spec?

Thanks
Tom
Sponsored