Sponsored

Finally on a dyno. Some honest results :)

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Car:

'16 GT PP manual
Power mods:

-OEM GT350 CAI
-LUND tune
-Ford Racing X pipe + custom 2.5" valved exhaust.

Dyno: Mustang @ DreamScience in Hull

So, folks. I finally made it to a dyno. Mods on the car are as above, 20k miles on it.

We all know different dynos make different numbers on different days etc etc. DreamScience's dyno is a 'Mustang Dyno' (handy/confusing name, eh), which is agreed to be a 'sad' dyno or a heartbreaker. i.e. no BS sky high numbers.

Apparently a std. UK GT will dyno at 405-410bhp on this machine.

My numbers are: 452bhp / 550Nm (406lb ft). Interestingly and rather surprisingly it made more power with the exhaust valves closed; 452 Vs 449!

Ill be honest, I was hoping for more (i.e 470+). The good news is that its a very, very safe and smooth tune. My next step is to email LUND with the results to see if we can get a bit more aggressive with the timing.

So, might be handy for some of you to see. This is a no BS run on a good dyno. :thumbsup:

IMG_20170817_132848.jpg

IMG_20170817_145953.jpg

[ame]
Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Almost identical figures to mine..

451 Bhp and 405 ft/lbs:)

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
[MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] what mods are you running fella, as a comparison

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] what mods are you running fella, as a comparison
On that run..:)
Long tube headers with 200 cell cats
Roush CAI with insert removed
Borla Cat back
Lund tune

I'm back to stock at the moment, and in the process of getting a revised Lund tune, to make the gear shifting more to my taste..:)

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
On that run..:)
Long tube headers with 200 cell cats
Roush CAI with insert removed
Borla Cat back
Lund tune

I'm back to stock at the moment, and in the process of getting a revised Lund tune, to make the gear shifting more to my taste..:)
Good to know. Seems like 451 is a good number considering im on std headers then.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Good to know. Seems like 451 is a good number considering im on std headers then.:thumbsup:
Yes.... but don't forget, you're standard headers are better than our standard headers:thumbsup:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Yes.... but don't forget, you're standard headers are better than our standard headers:thumbsup:
This, also Lund tunes can vary in power depending on your tuner, if you get a moody one, they are less reluctant to dial the tune in perfectly unless you really moan a lot. :D

I got lucky, I got Dakota, the boy is an absolute star, I logged, he replied ooh I can tweak the fuelling a bit more up top.

Logged again, hey man what fuel are you using, explained Vpower and how in Octane terms its more equivalent to 94-95, he was like ah, let me revise your tune for Octane 94 then. He added some timing, car went like a stink.

Sent it in, he replies she looks lovely, but it can hit more down low, try this tune, then it hit so hard, this was when it made 472HP on the same dyno as Enoch with stock headers, PMAS CAI but admittedly on a very cold day, now the dyno can auto-correct for ambient temperature, but the dyno has no idea what the cars sensors are telling the ECU to do. What I can tell you is on a cold day, the ECU will easily give these cars another 10-20HP on a custom tune as it will advance timing and fuel. Also the ECU has a cat safety protocol which kicks in on a dyno, its called cat enrichment, in short the ECU detects cats are hot, dumps in more fuel to cool them and thus reducing power. So on a power run you try to avoid this, hence a cold winters day the cars ECU will naturally make more power on a custom tune as all sensors will be in the green for maximum power.

The only thing Dakota was unable to sort for me was when I moved to GT 350, the throttle modulation had Jon Sr. step in, I believe who wrote the base maps, he made it better but still not to my taste, but where Lund excel is customer service, they are very accommodating and will always try to help.

Do a datalog in 3rd gear, 2000-7000rpm, attach it on the forum, I will tell you your timing and let me know your fuel. My car peaks at 29-31 degrees towards top end on a Lund custom tune, my JDM canned tune peaks at 26 typically and stock is 24-25 degrees. Of course spark is only one part of making power but it gives you an idea, another 2-3 degrees could be another 10HP and if its safe to do, then why not. :)

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98RON [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] (Esso fuel)

Log attached :)

You're a star :)

EDIT:

Wont let me upload the datalog.

Its here in my GoogleDrive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByJCIIVnJb0ESGZLTlY1RmZYTEU/view?usp=sharing

OK the bad news I don't think you will get any more high RPM timing advance, your seeing 28-29 degrees 6000-7000rpm which for RON98 is very good, but esso stuff is good.

You also hit 102mph on that autobahn. ;)

You have absolute zero knock, not a dada.

Your maf flow is 43.70lbs, hard to compare between cars but in short:
Stock: 41-42lbs
Stock modified: 42.5-43.5lbs
GT 350 CAI: 43.5-44lbs
PMAS: 45.0lbs

In short RON99 and the PMAS would of probably scored you 460HP, so not a huge difference.

If you fitted stock CAI, K&N filter, removed the emissions thingy, you'd probably be at around 445HP, to give you an idea.

Car is fine, good, I don't think there is room for any more timing up top, but do a WOT pull in 3rd from 1500-7000rpm, send me that, let me see how timing builds as sometimes you can bring it in faster to give you more torque. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
That matches pretty much what the guys at dreamscience were saying. Already doing its thing up the top >5k rpm looked pretty maxed out.

I might ping LUND an email, just to see if they can tweak the lower end a bit, and will disable the permanent fans as they bug me.

Better fuel and a colder day I might have seen 460bhp, and then I would have been immediately happy. 450 is a good number, need to plan on how to make some more :)

Will try and get a 3rd gear run in, but might have to wait until back home. That run I uploaded was in fact from the AB... its what I sent to LUND a few weeks ago for a piece of mind review. :)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That matches pretty much what the guys at dreamscience were saying. Already doing its thing up the top >5k rpm looked pretty maxed out.

I might ping LUND an email, just to see if they can tweak the lower end a bit, and will disable the permanent fans as they bug me.

Better fuel and a colder day I might have seen 460bhp, and then I would have been immediately happy. 450 is a good number, need to plan on how to make some more :)

Will try and get a 3rd gear run in, but might have to wait until back home. That run I uploaded was in fact from the AB... its what I sent to LUND a few weeks ago for a piece of mind review. :)

Headers worth 20HP to you, GT 350 IM probably 20-30HP. Thats it but gives you a good solid 500+

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Dakota @ Lund replied in <20mins to my request.

Added a degree of timing low down and switched the fans off.

Bloody love how easy it is with LUND and the NGauge.

New tune on the car within 40mins of sending the request. Awesome.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota @ Lund replied in <20mins to my request.

Added a degree of timing low down and switched the fans off.

Bloody love how easy it is with LUND and the NGauge.

New tune on the car within 40mins of sending the request. Awesome.
Dakota is a totally amazing guy, he really is! :)
It is where Lund excel, they really will bend over backwards.

Jon Sr the big boss man I drove him mad with throttle maps for my 350 IM, though in the end we did not get it perfect to my liking it was 99% there, but its about the fact of how he tried and how much time he spent working with me to try.

Even after all that and giving up. I ask for a stock tune today, he replied he will get on it ASAP, told him to hand it to Dakota. :)
Sponsored