Oil Analysis

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Yes, ppf for track reasons and 6grs laying around from the last car. However, you blow an opg and there is no other way than to replace the motor. I think that is pretty universally understood. Afraid of dents and scratches at the cost of keeping a motor that's trashed?

Please.....
True, no other option really.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
True, no other option really.
You know, here may be an idea......

PPF the hood and front end and then get the job done. OR buy a bunch of track tape and go to town.

The motor needs to be replaced.

OP
OP
rotnroby

rotnroby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 2500 Denali 2017 H2254 gt350
Please?
you have got to be kidding me
Theres 3000 miles
it will never be the same
Hence the oil analist
for gods sake

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
They have already had there chance at paint while pulling the heads. Changing the engine won't be any worse. Personally I would trade the car after its fixed.

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Reason I did not want a new motor was purely fear of dents and scratches
Based on the symptoms that you've described..... engine replacement is inevitable. After all, this particular engine is the highlight of this car. So, I would definitely have oil analysis done ASAP. And I'm certain that the result will speak for itself.

http://www.oaitesting.com/

or

http://www.dysonanalysis.com

Keep us posted of the outcome.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Please?
you have got to be kidding me
Theres 3000 miles
it will never be the same
Hence the oil analist
for gods sake
You need a new motor. Go get all the tests you want, the story isn't going to change.

As someone already pointed out, if they were going to dent and scratch, they would have done it by now.

You put your story on a forum. People responded. You don't like the answers you received. You are going to do what you want despite good advice. Why bother any further?

Best of luck with your problem.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Why not get new motor? I wouldn't trust a dealer pulling the head!
I don't think a number matching motor would affect resale.
NO way!!! and I mean no way did the dealer pull the heads. I bet he means valve covers.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
so basic analysis with dyson is $79 vs blackstone at $20 something, what makes it 4x better?

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
You need a new motor. Go get all the tests you want, the story isn't going to change.

As someone already pointed out, if they were going to dent and scratch, they would have done it by now.

You put your story on a forum. People responded. You don't like the answers you received. You are going to do what you want despite good advice. Why bother any further?

Best of luck with your problem.
NO way!!! and I mean no way did the dealer pull the heads. I bet he means valve covers.
^These. I had a motor replaced in my 16 tech and it came back just like I dropped it off. Start doing some research on dealers near you and go talk to them about your expectations and concerns etc. There is no avoiding the inevitable as has been said so you might as well start getting prepared.

I'm actually friends with my mechanic now at my dealer because of this and all of the conversations we had through this process. :lol:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yes, ppf for track reasons and 6grs laying around from the last car. However, you blow an opg and there is no other way than to replace the motor. I think that is pretty universally understood. Afraid of dents and scratches at the cost of keeping a motor that's trashed?

Please.....
Yeah, I agree..I wouldn't NOT get it replaced at this point. I was just saying that, by itself, concern over "collateral damage" caused by a dealer working on something unrelated is valid.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Have they been replacing oil coolers with engines? I know, on other models, the oil cooler itself would never be able to be cleaned completely - it was always a risk that something was stuck in there waiting to break loose.

OP
OP
rotnroby

rotnroby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 2500 Denali 2017 H2254 gt350
never was it said, I would not replace the motor
doing my due diligence and am working with the dealer at this point
Any new car should not need a motor replaced at 2,480
but its nice to know how some members of this site are such complete, big mouth ignorant, asses, putting there 2 cents in to a problem that was asking for help

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
but its nice to know how some members of this site are such complete, big mouth ignorant, asses, putting there 2 cents in to a problem that was asking for help
You are welcome!

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I guess you should've done your due diligence on this forum and the internet in general before you started a thread with very little information.

As for the motor going boom, I'll agree that I think there have been far too many motors being replaced on the GT350 for my liking. But saying it shouldn't happen to any new car with low miles is silly. It shouldn't happen, but it does across all makes.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe