OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Where do you get this info from?

The dealer talk i have seen has suggested RHD build to start end of year.. cars dropping april-may.

there are BUCKETS of non-customer allocated cars around. If anyone is paying close to retail... silly
This is exactly the feeling that i get and MY18s will land no later than mid next year. Great time to buy, if you don't mind an "old" model.
Sponsored

Fingers

Can't re Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Various Ford vehicles
We didn't get any '15 models until almost the end of 2015 (November/December)
I think they are being a touch ambitious by saying Q3 (and by definition Q3 starts in July, so that is mid year)

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
We didn't get any '15 models until almost the end of 2015 (November/December)
I think they are being a touch ambitious by saying Q3 (and by definition Q3 starts in July, so that is mid year)
After the flak they copped last time, I suspect that they would be under-promising for the 2018.

My guess is Q2.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
there are BUCKETS of non-customer allocated cars around. If anyone is paying close to retail... silly
I laughed at dealers trying to quote me RRP 2 months ago

Sponsored

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
All 2017 stock has been allocated to dealers including what is in plant and in transit.
That is, the next allocation we get, will be 2018 model, and no more 2017 can be ordered.
If someone wants a '17 they have to get a car that has already been ordered and allocated.
There is a lot of cars allocated to dealers, that are not contracted to customers.
At dealer now having my 3000 km check.
Sales guy who sold me mine kinda confirmed this - said all dealers had their final allocation now.
Said they were buying Stangs off other dealers if the price was right. This was because they wanted to have plenty of Mustangs in stock and to show people. Once they sold out,there would be no more allocation.
Reckons prices may rise a little above the current heavily discounted figures. Not sure if that's salesman talk or not but sounds slightly plausible.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
^^^^ I'd agree with that. Guy who sold me mine will take as many Mustangs as he can. They will always sell, especially the V8's. He alone has sold over 250 Mustangs.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
^^^^ I'd agree with that. Guy who sold me mine will take as many Mustangs as he can. They will always sell, especially the V8's. He alone has sold over 250 Mustangs.
Of course anything sells, when you keep discounting. Ford=big discounting.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt

I dont understand this thinking from the dealer.. they are selling new at huge discounts.. from what everyone was saying originally the margin on these was pretty average..

I think though that if the my18 doesnt land until late next year the statement around price maybe rising a little could be true. But my money is still on first cars dropping April/May

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I dont understand this thinking from the dealer.. they are selling new at huge discounts.. from what everyone was saying originally the margin on these was pretty average..

I think though that if the my18 doesnt land until late next year the statement around price maybe rising a little could be true. But my money is still on first cars dropping April/May
Dealers have little idea a lot of the time and are full of it. Like i said earlier in this thread, my dealer principal reckoned that every Mustang cumming to AUS would have an allocated buyer. Of course, there will always be some cancellations. But not to the extent of the oversupply now. Ford dealers just want to keep their sales numbers up, month to month, to get better allocation and deals from the factory. They don't care about resale values.

Sponsored

Fingers

Can't re Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Various Ford vehicles
Initially every Mustang was contracted to buyers. No allocation to dealers, just for signed orders.
We went to dealer allocation at the end of 2016.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Initially every Mustang was contracted to buyers. No allocation to dealers, just for signed orders.
We went to dealer allocation at the end of 2016.
To the detriment of Mustangs, now fading "aura/desirability"
and it's buyers in AUS.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Well the fact is they're still selling and a small margin (if that's actually the case) is always better than nothing plus most buyers service the car at the dealer they buy from and there definitely is good margin in servicing.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Well the fact is they're still selling and a small margin (if that's actually the case) is always better than nothing plus most buyers service the car at the dealer they buy from and there definitely is good margin in servicing.
Yes, they are being sold with solid discounts. Just check what people on this site have been buying them for lately and and check Carsales. Also, look at cars sitting at dealers. Enough people, would still buy them at full or close to RRP. Its called lower sales, with bigger margins. Something, Ford and it's dealers can't wrap their heads around. Will you be happy to drop 50% in three years or so? If Ford continues with current strategy, that's what your facing.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Yes, they are being sold with solid discounts. Just check what people on this site have been buying them for lately and and check Carsales. Also, look at cars sitting at dealers. Enough people, would still buy them at full or close to RRP. Its called lower sales, with bigger margins. Something, Ford and it's dealers can't wrap their heads around. Will you be happy to drop 50% in three years or so? If Ford continues with current strategy, that's what your facing.
Who really cares about resale value. I bought it to enjoy for many many years to come. The more the merrier and good to see a car that is a ford a ball :thumbsup::ford: no out of reach like the falcon gts and hsvs
Sponsored