Vehicle Showcase
For once a topic I didn't take off topic... Fuck me right :lol:
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
The Pzero's for me did not seem to like my right foot, the rears down to 2mm after about 4000 miles. :D

But I kept them on the back until I'd destroyed them and I must note I never used line lock on them either until it was time to replace. I just wore them out real fast but I drove through a winter on them and survived.

I switched to MPSS after great results on previous cars, they for me were better than Pzero in every category, dry, wet etc.

So far the rears have covered close to 8000 miles and are in the 3mm-4mm range I'd say and as soon as I remember I shall put them on the front as am running a square setup as yes I put the new MPSS I had on my new wheels put on the front and just never got round to moving to rear, but shall get that done this weekend if dry.

Also the Pzero that came on our cars in 2015, may not be the same as the Pzero now shipping on Mustang, as Pirelli updated the Pzero at which point it became a much closer competitor to other brands, particular in wet. However if the stock Mustang tyre is the new updated revision I have absolutely no idea, but if your buying Pzero tyres of the shelf, make sure they were built in 2016 and they should be the new improved Pzero. :)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Also the Pzero that came on our cars in 2015, may not be the same as the Pzero now shipping on Mustang, as Pirelli updated the Pzero at which point it became a much closer competitor to other brands, particular in wet. However if the stock Mustang tyre is the new updated revision I have absolutely no idea, but if your buying Pzero tyres of the shelf, make sure they were built in 2016 and they should be the new improved Pzero. :)
Is there a way to tell?

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
When I used to go on Pistonheads, S****horpe was filtered:lol::lol: go figure:doh:

Unbelievable....
It's filtered on here too:lol::lol:
Not very clever algorithm, is it? Many years ago I used some text formatting software, and it was specifically coded for certain "things". One of them was to never break certain words between lines, for example "therapist" could never line break into "the-
rapist"....
:headbonk:

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
The market for second hand P zeros, even with almost no mileage, seems pretty poor. I flogged mine on eBay for £75 a corner, I've seen other people struggling to get £25 / give them away. The onwards transport for them is a total fuck too (since we're allowed to use that word). I'm sure you'll shift them, but just don't hold out for much is all I'm saying.

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Mmmm:headbang::)

New rear 305 next to stock tyre with 5k on it..... 4.5mm on the stock tyre and only 6.3mm on the new Michelin

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
All new Michelins generally come with 6-7mm new, just way they are, but they last longer anyway, well certainly for the way I drive.

OP
OP
CaptainSensible

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
Thanks for all the comments, perhaps I will give the P Zeros a try over winter and only surrender if I'm really struggling with them. By winter 2018 they will need replacing anyway.

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Thanks for all the comments, perhaps I will give the P Zeros a try over winter and only surrender if I'm really struggling with them. By winter 2018 they will need replacing anyway.
I got just under 6k miles from my rears, so you may not get a year depending on your mileage of course. Track days, line locks and the odd bit of drifting will not help. :)

[ame]

KevD

0-60 Instructor Team DS.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
balls
If your user name is anything like your driving, you'll be fine.

Sponsored

welsh treg

Mid life crisis guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony power
I am also buying my 2nd Mustang next month, going from EB to GT,

I also live in the country 850 + feet above sea level on a small holding,

The p zeros will get you through the winter but obviously with a 400+ HP rear wheel drive car you need to be sensible.

The mpss are a step up for all weathers are certainly an improvement on the PZ's especially in the winter.
I drove my PZ's from march 16 until January 17 when I changed them all for mpss after I had my wear from the PZ .

I've looked at a winter set and unless you've got money to burn I would get the ware out of the pz's then invest in the mpss.

When the weather gets really dodgy I don't drive the stang (and it is my daily car) trust me in my area it doesn't matter how good a driver you are you will end up in a hedge.

We are lucky to have a Ford Edge for the winter and we need it !

PS love the name hope you are a Damned fan :thumbsup:

Right off to listen to New rose and relive some memories :D

JustGav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Euro Spec 5.0
So my rears have done 6.8k and are done, (5.8k more than the other half thought I'd get)... and I'm busy looking at options. Most people say MPSS, I don't mind the pzero's however, just wondering if there are any other thoughts?

I will probably go with another set of Pzero's, at 6k a set, I'm happy.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
So my rears have done 6.8k and are done, (5.8k more than the other half thought I'd get)... and I'm busy looking at options. Most people say MPSS, I don't mind the pzero's however, just wondering if there are any other thoughts?

I will probably go with another set of Pzero's, at 6k a set, I'm happy.
MPSS you'll easily get double that mileage wise. so, really you could buy 8x P0 of 4x Mpss...

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
MPSS you'll easily get double that mileage wise. so, really you could buy 8x P0 of 4x Mpss...
or if people really are giving pzero's away for like £25 you could have 30 pzeros for 4 mpss take your choice :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
or if people really are giving pzero's away for like £25 you could have 30 pzeros for 4 mpss take your choice :)
There is that too :lol::lol:.

Alternativley guy on FB is selling MPSS and his stock alloys for £800
Sponsored