GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
After being told countless times my warranty would be voided, they have finally said it'll be repaired under warranty. Although it's going to take another week and apparently 2 weeks isn't long enough to be eligible for a courtesy car.

I'm starting to understand first hand why Fords service is renowned for being a bit shit :(

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
After being told countless times my warranty would be voided, they have finally said it'll be repaired under warranty. Although it's going to take another week and apparently 2 weeks isn't long enough to be eligible for a courtesy car.

I'm starting to understand first hand why Fords service is renowned for being a bit shit :(
But is it Ford, or is it the dealer?

I have contacted the UK Ford Customer relations department over my debacle and they have been nothing less than great. Unfortunately, once the car is removed from the delivery truck any issues are down to the dealer. It's something I struggle with when it comes to warranties being voided due to lack of servicing or mods.. hell, the dealer gets paid by Ford for the warranty work and Ford don't need to know if the car is modified within reason.

They are replacing RS engines FOC, even those which have been tuned or modified internally!!

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16

They've probably found out that Ford policy is to change the cooler, flush it, and give it back, rather than change the engine as per the TSB.

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
After complaining and hanging up, I got a call back saying they were sending me a courtesy car. From Enterprise lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Got a Focus....auto, shouldn't it come with a disabled badge ?

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Went to collect my car, first thing I did was pop the bonnet to see oil spray still over my engine bay. Looking under the car it got even worse, there's still oil literally dripping off the car :mad:

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
Went to collect my car, first thing I did was pop the bonnet to see oil spray still over my engine bay. Looking under the car it got even worse, there's still oil literally dripping off the car :mad:
man , that's rubbish , I assume its just lacking a thorough clean ??:frusty:

I guess its complacency or stupidity but we could never justify giving someone their car back like that!

on a separate not , tomorrow we pick up the newly made adapter plates for the conversion we do , only waiting on the silicone hoses for the kits to be complete and available for those considering ditching the Ford set up for the Mishimoto option

cheers

Jason :)

Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inbelievable!! What are these guys playing at? You pay a lot of money for a new car which breaks, then they treat you like an idiot!! Most people would have just driven away and then noticed oil on their drive next week!!

They sell us an enthusiasts car then treat us like average Joe who doesn't give a shit!! Trouble is we all deserve better. Assholes!!!!

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I said they'll have to jet wash it on the ramps, they said they couldn't, so I said they'll have to do it by hand then, he said the warranty won't cover the man hours :rant:

Surely washing my car properly is cheaper than paying for my Enterprise car rental lol

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I said they'll have to jet wash it on the ramps, they said they couldn't, so I said they'll have to do it by hand then, he said the warranty won't cover the man hours :rant:

Surely washing my car properly is cheaper than paying for my Enterprise car rental lol
Tell them to look at the Ford manual. I think you'll find the corrective action is to thoroughly clean everything before and after the work. I'm afraid your garage is just lazy. If they had to flush your brake fluid and spilt some on your paintwork would they leave it on there?

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Got my car back, it was cleaner although not as clean as i'd have liked. I'll just have to clean it my self.

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Gave the engine bay a bit of a clean today. Is the yellow stuff the under stealing ?

-------------------------------------------------------

Found a metal bracket that's not attached to anything (red square), the other end is taped into the wiring (green square). It looks like it should be attached to the bolt to the right but instead is just hanging lose. What's it for and can I just remove it ?

Sponsored