avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Recall for a poxy bit of tape and tie wrap for i think one car that caught fire.These oil coolers are failing big time and no official response from ford!
Sponsored

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
After 4 hours I'm finally home, only went out for petrol.

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
Come on [MENTION=18365]Andy Barratt[/MENTION] this is too much. A known faulty batch, multiple failures, potential for engine fire, road and tyre contamination possibly causing an accident and probable engine damage. Why no recall?
Agreed, this should be a recall.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Recall for a poxy bit of tape and tie wrap for i think one car that caught fire.These oil coolers are failing big time and no official response from ford!
Not to mention evaporator cores - mine goes in tomorrow for "diagnosis". Was yours finally sorted [MENTION=16001]avocet[/MENTION]?

:doh:

The oil cooler issue seems to be quite rare over here - I think I've read of a couple who have experienced it.

Climate control systems, however, are failing all over the place.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair it seems to be working again. It was booked in for diagnosis, but i held off for a while because my 20000 mile service is comming up.It blows out cold but drivers side is always warmer cold if that makes sense.I think they would rather recharge instead of the job of pulling dash at least to start with.Those that are in hotter climates are the highest failure rates for sure.My oil cooler so far has been ok touch wood!

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I think they would rather recharge instead of the job of pulling dash at least to start with.
I'm sure that's true mate.

I'd be looking for a proper resolution before your warranty is up, though.

Would hate to think of what the repair cost would be if you had to foot the bill.

Anyways, back to faulty oil coolers.

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Popped into Ford today to get my car moved and got to go back tomorrow when the services department is open.

The sales guys didn't seem too happy with the mods and said they'll void your warranty.

Added some pics to my first post.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Popped into Ford today to get my car moved and got to go back tomorrow when the services department is open.

The sales guys didn't seem too happy with the mods and said they'll void your warranty.

If they try pulling the warranty card make sure you point them to all the people you know that have had this exact same issue.

Only thing they won't cover under warranty is your coolant tank for obvious reasons.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
They know there's an oil cooler problem,
I can only think they might be funny if you've had headers fitted,thinking its been knocked but hopefully you'll get it sorted.

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My headers are ceramic coated, so it would have helped prolong the oil cooler

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Engineer's report and small claims court if they mess you about. Known fault with a TSB they don't have a case. Drop Andy Barratt's name too.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!

Twat!
Even if he knows what he is talking about and I imagine he doesn't, what a horrible thing to tell a customer until its been looked in to.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Come on [MENTION=18365]Andy Barratt[/MENTION] this is too much. A known faulty batch, multiple failures, potential for engine fire, road and tyre contamination possibly causing an accident and probable engine damage. Why no recall?

To be fair Andy Barratt is probably having to go with whatever instructions are coming from Ford US on this.

But these kinds of on-going problems and generally poor attitude from both Ford and the dealers are what's stopping me from ordering a 2018. The mechanical and quality issues should have been resolved by now, and there has never been an excuse for the generally awful levels of customer service. A 2018 GT is going to be around the £45-48k mark and until I see proof that the production quality, aftermarket service quality and general customer service quality have significantly improved (to a level commensurate with a £45k car) Ford won't be seeing any more of my money.

Gibbo's advice is spot on. That should be the minimum you get from Ford and hopefully it'll be sorted quickly.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Twat!
Even if he knows what he is talking about and I imagine he doesn't, what a horrible thing to tell a customer until its been looked in to.
This ^^

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase