Wings1090

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R "HR612" ; 2009 Cobalt SS
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the new ride! I don't think Ford makes one color that looks bad on these cars! Huge fan of the LB.
Sponsored

OP
OP

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Looking good! I'm waiting for my LB R this month, too. Who's installing your PPF? I'm CA, also, and need to schedule the job. I don't think I'll have the willpower not to drive the car without protecting it first if I have to wait too long!

I'm a real 'Old Mach Guy' - a '71 was my first car in high school.

Hey, Dtmaso - agreed that "The Waiting is the Hardest Part." But, being old <cough>, and having waited 14 months from order to being handed the keys, I'm forcing myself to be patient while the car gets ppf and nano-coating.

From my humble research, the installer is the determining factor in how well ppf or nano-coating performs. In my case, I went with Xpel's main guy in my areal (who I further vetted).

Right now, ppf is done, and car will go via flatbed to my nano-coating guy tomorrow.

BTW, the wife has decreed that I sell the red car ('04 Mach 1), so it's up on Autotrader and Craigslist in Dallas/Fort Worth - if anyone is interested.

Best.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hey, Dtmaso - agreed that "The Waiting is the Hardest Part." But, being old <cough>, and having waited 14 months from order to being handed the keys, I'm forcing myself to be patient while the car gets ppf and nano-coating.

From my humble research, the installer is the determining factor in how well ppf or nano-coating performs. In my case, I went with Xpel's main guy in my areal (who I further vetted).

Right now, ppf is done, and car will go via flatbed to my nano-coating guy tomorrow.

BTW, the wife has decreed that I sell the red car ('04 Mach 1), so it's up on Autotrader and Craigslist in Dallas/Fort Worth - if anyone is interested.

Best.[/SIZE]
I'm having (whole car) PPF done as we speak. I was thinking of a cquartz to go over the top of it. It seems like you are on top of it and I'm looking forward to seeing the end result.

Do you have any tips as to which process is best over Xpel and rough estimates for cost?

Thanks and congrats!

OP
OP

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'm having (whole car) PPF done as we speak. I was thinking of a cquartz to go over the top of it. It seems like you are on top of it and I'm looking forward to seeing the end result.

Do you have any tips as to which process is best over Xpel and rough estimates for cost?

Thanks and congrats!
I didn't go overkill researching the various nano-coat products - though I did do my usual OC workup. In the end, having seen CQuartz Finest on a black R here in Dallas, I decided to go with that product, and to use that installer (yes, vetted him too). But the product has moved on to CQuartz Professional. I will obviously do a photo shoot for the LB thread when all is done, the splitter is on, and the car has a tag. Figure a week from Sat.

OP
OP

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Early report

380 miles so far.

I set the shift point (tone only) to 5,000 rpm at around 200 miles - had babied it until then.

Don't plan on WOT until at least 500 miles.

Car makes amazing noises even in normal mode.

No splitter scrapes. (Just gotta pay attention.)

Will change the oil in a few days.

Will probably swap to my N4S 6GR / PS4s somewhere between 500 - 1,000 miles.

I've driven many many miles with several other manuals: Borg Warner T10, Tremec 3650, and T56. This tranny seems very close ratio, and, together with the axle ratio, very geared down - which I guess complements the motor's power band.

Like the C6 Z06 I had: lots of brake dust. At least these wheels are black

This car is a joy to DD. Cant wait to stretch its legs, and learn its limits.

Oh - it also gets lots of attention.

Love it.

Oh, almost forgot: this car really drinks the gas. MPG LOL :lol:

Last edited:

Sponsored

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
[MENTION=22007]oldmachguy[/MENTION]

How is the panel fitment? I'm wondering if it has gotten any better with these recent builds. Mine was just completed this week and is awaiting shipping, or in the Mod shop.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

How is the panel fitment? I'm wondering if it has gotten any better with these recent builds. Mine was just completed this week and is awaiting shipping, or in the Mod shop.
Someone was asking about you today.... havnt you received the texts?

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander

Thanks and congrats!
(Got this late)

Based on the results posted here by 50 Deep, and that I have basically the same color combo R coming, I'm going with Imperial Works Sacramento and their Xpel and Ceramic Pro nano coating. You can make yourself (OC) crazy researching the 'right' protective system. All-in-all I really won't be able to see an appreciable difference between various combinations offered. And anything has to be better than the much older 3M wrap on my Cobra.

50 Deep's research and reliability with regard to almost everything he's done to his car(s) on this site made it easier for me.

There - smoke properly blown!

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
[MENTION=21800]Tomster[/MENTION]

I've been getting some cryptic texts that don't make sense, or just contain . or ... and every time I try to text "someone" it is being sent as a text message, like his phone is off or not working.

Someone was asking about you today.... havnt you received the texts?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Sounds like somebody has an iPhone...

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=21800]Tomster[/MENTION]

I've been getting some cryptic texts that don't make sense, or just contain . or ... and every time I try to text "someone" it is being sent as a text message, like his phone is off or not working.
Reach out to you know who. He has some photos for you

OP
OP

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

My panel fitment was dead on - but per you know who, my car had been sent to "Repairs" for an ECU reflash and panel alignment. So sounds like I got personalized attention on both counts.

But you know who told me that the panel fitment problems were becoming much less frequent.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
My panel fitment was dead on - but per you know who, my car had been sent to "Repairs" for an ECU reflash and panel alignment. So sounds like I got personalized attention on both counts.

But you know who told me that the panel fitment problems were becoming much less frequent.
:lol:

This is a great bunch of folks!