nixopaxo

#Team Roush
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVIE
Vehicle(s)
17gt

Gave it a quick go on buddies big drive, hoped for sub 10, got it first go. :)
Just basic walk off the line, granny shifting 2-3 and done on stock heavier PP wheels as re-fitted them at weekend.

Happy with that, will give it a proper shot once new wheels are on.
Nice 1 :thumbsup:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
http://www.zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/ford-0-60-mph-times/

They say our gt does it :2015 Ford Mustang GT (Manual) 0-60 mph 4.3 | Quarter mile 12.8

MAYBE WITH DECENT TYRES ON FORD!!!!!!

That is not official times by Ford, looks like a website full of all the best times recorded.

Reviewers/press have absolute no mechanical sympathy for a car when they test it, trust me put me in one of Ford's owned cars where I am allowed to test it and I am sure I could do better.

If I was a reviewer, I'd line lock it, I'd happily slip the clutch like crazy from 4000rpm or just dump the clutch. I'd happily use the LC system and I'd not give a damn about the clutch or gearbox and absolutely just rag it.

Fact is all the people posting times here are owners who baby their cars who don't want to break things, or cause premature wear and tear, I know I certainly am and as others, as such our times are more real world and in the real world this car does Ford's claim of 4.8s with relative ease, I did 4.8 this morning on my way to work, uphill from a set of lights because I thought why not and there was zero drama, no revving, no wheel spin just ease clutch out and floor it.

Of course an AUTO is more consistent and changes gear faster, but even with those if one did line lock and did all the tricks you can do with an auto then I am sure 4.3s is possible.

Also something worth noting I do believe the 4.3s time was from a US test/review where they have 2 foot roll-out before timing starts, so kind of cheating as well. ;)

But Ford claim 4.8s and 13.3s I believe for the factory car!

I've being the quarter mile strip with two Auto GT's and they were both running consistent 13.1-13.3s @ 105-107mph and have done as low as 4.6s so that is right on the money, in fact quicker than Ford's official times.

Anything that involves launching a car is never easy, even in an auto, there are tricks and skill to it, some are better than others and that is why if you head over to the USA section and check out drag times there are owners with just a TUNE running 11's, its not because there car is quicker, its because they are damn good at racing in the quarter mile or as the Americans would say "DRIVER MOD" :)

OP
OP
nixopaxo

nixopaxo

#Team Roush
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVIE
Vehicle(s)
17gt
i wont be line locking mine for sure , or maybe when the pzero's are knackered! Tyres dont grow on trees ,but ill be buying michelins next as these are not the best.Tunes out the question at the moment too until the warranty has lapsed. Still it is good fun :D

Sponsored

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
I will be doing a LL on the way to getting the tyres replaced, then 0-60...... As they are worn they should give best 0-60 because the car will think its going quicker than it is (speedo vice GPS speed) :thumbsup:.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will be doing a LL on the way to getting the tyres replaced, then 0-60...... As they are worn they should give best 0-60 because the car will think its going quicker than it is (speedo vice GPS speed) :thumbsup:.
Yes that is how it works, small diameter compared to stock results in quicker times on the car track apps and bigger diameter results in slower times on track apps.

Cannot remember if the car pulls data from front or rear wheels for its speed though.

On my 20" I could do 4.7s still, but no faster, but in reality I was going faster as when the car though we hit 60, I was doing like 62-63mph. I have my HUD setup for accurate speed and 100 on the HUD is around 94-95 on the speedo with the 20" tyres due to under-reading. Whereas on the stock wheel/tyre 100 on speedo is around 99-100 on the HUD.

So those fitting larger wheel/tyre do be warned your speeding when you think you are not. ;)

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
0.100 1st test

My go load of wheel spin through 2nd but 3rd pulled it back
Not to shabby 60 100 in a 2.9
IMG-20170510-WA0002.jpg

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipple power man!

Also note if your doing this on larger diameter wheels than stock goes against you as by the time the cars track apps think you hit 60 or 100 your actually going faster.

I know you've got some huge wheels and tyres Mac, which makes those times even the more impressive and yes 2.9s 60-100mph is absolutely flying, nothing is keeping with that. :D

I reckon you can get it under 7s perfect launch etc or some smaller stock sized wheels. ;)

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a video

[ame]

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Im confused. On a stock Mustang you should be getting a 0-62 time of 4.8 or a 0-60 time of 4.5

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im confused. On a stock Mustang you should be getting a 0-62 time of 4.8 or a 0-60 time of 4.5
Fastest from a stock car was 4.3's in a review by the press.

Owners are a lot more gentler in their cars, Mac launches his like me, just walk it off the line at 1000-1500rpm. No clutch slip, no line lock, no launch control etc. The kind of launch you will happily do at every set of lights that means you do not look like a prat haha. Using this method I get consistent 4.7-4.8s

60-100 is a better benchmark, as it removes the launch from equation.

I think track apps can do that, in theory do a 0-100 run, then pull of gentle in 1st, change to 2nd, then to 3rd around 40mph, then floor it and go until 100. :)

That should work, I will give it a go at sometime to see if it works and I'd like to see what Mac can do by just holding it in 3rd, might go even faster. :D
Sponsored