Sponsored

Ford Performance Tow Hook

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Have received the Ford Performance Tow Hook for my GT350.
Part number is M-17954-RB. Turns out that this fits not only the rear of GT350's but front or rear for Mustang GTs.
The part is very sturdy and mounts to the center of the bumper beam, replacing the backup light. Need to drill 3 holes in the beam.
The 46 page instruction booklet is a bit much until you realize they are covering all models for the rear install as well as the front for the Mustang GT.
The picture from the bottom of page 18 shows what it is to look like before you reinstall the bumper cover.
No permanent mods to the vehicle. Removes the backup light and minor shaving on a plastic piece behind the bumper cover itself. If you desire to take the vehicle back to stock, simply remove the tow hook and reinstall the backup light.
Before installation, I plan to look for some small lights that might fit next to the tow hook to retain the backup lighting. This is not a daily driver, so I'm not really concerned with this aspect. More when I get into it.
IMG_0313.jpg
IMG_0314.jpg
Sponsored

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
I should get my front FP tow hook this week. For the rear I would like to keep back up light function. If you find a way with the FP rear hook let us know. I'm looking at the WR option right now.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm begging Blowfish Racing to make their hitch receiver for the S550 that has a detachable receiver that can be replaced with a tow hook and without any receiver on is almost invisible, at least on the S197. Current hitch options are not acceptable aesthetically.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
My rear zl1 hook retains the back up light. Best part is that you can remove in in 10 seconds.

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My rear zl1 hook retains the back up light. Best part is that you can remove in in 10 seconds.
Do you have a picture/install photos of the rear tow hook? The website is lacking info on rear tow hook.

Thanks

Sponsored

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks nice. Will inquire if possible to order only rear hook (their site only shows combined purchase of front + rear hooks).

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Looks great! On the Porsche they just thread into existing ports. Wish Ford had this as well. Your rear looks close to the concept now.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
This is the best I have.

I bought a rubber grommet to make it a cleaner look on the hole.

[MENTION=11290]xXANCHORMONXx[/MENTION] - May i ask where you snagged the rubber grommet? Got my ZL1 package on the way and wish to follow your install :)

Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
xANCHORMAX

Will the rear tow hook flap around and hit the bumper cover while driving? If yes, that will surely scratch it over time. Does it need a small rubber bumper (small, like the pads you use behind a picture frame or on a kitchen cabinet door) for protection? Even if the hinge action is stiff now (preventing movement), will that relax over time?

Thanks for sharing. I really want to get tow hooks for mine. :headbang:

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
xANCHORMAX

Will the rear tow hook flap around and hit the bumper cover while driving? If yes, that will surely scratch it over time. Does it need a small rubber bumper (small, like the pads you use behind a picture frame or on a kitchen cabinet door) for protection? Even if the hinge action is stiff now (preventing movement), will that relax over time?

If you are referring to the ZL1 hooks, they will not move. It takes quite a bit of effort to pivot the hook. I believe they ship an adhesive bumper pad with their hooks as well, but I'm not positive.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
xANCHORMAX

Nope won't hit at all, like the other member said they are stiff and won't move.

OP
OP
The Chairman

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I finally got around to installing the Ford Performance tow hook on the rear. Really wasn't too difficult. The instructions only have a few errors.
I found this light at Academy Sports in the marine section. Installed onto the hook with some 3M double sided tape, then tapped into the back-up light wiring:
Backup light.jpg
Backup light-back.JPG
Sponsored