Sponsored

GT500 testing in Arizona

l'Ingegnere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm thinking GT350 MCA for MY19/20 to run out the S550. Would make a lot of sense since it seems Ford has gone to a 3 year cycle for refreshes (2015 GT350 doesn't really count), and there has to be a lot of development that can be pulled from the GT4 program. Also, I can't help but feel like the business case to develop an entirely new power train just for a couple of years of low volume production doesn't really add up.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I'm thinking GT350 MCA for MY19/20 to run out the S550. Would make a lot of sense since it seems Ford has gone to a 3 year cycle for refreshes (2015 GT350 doesn't really count), and there has to be a lot of development that can be pulled from the GT4 program. Also, I can't help but feel like the business case to develop an entirely new power train just for a couple of years of low volume production doesn't really add up.
Unless such development is carried over to the next generation - which is something history would prove out.

However, there is precedent for short run engine dev - '13-'14 5.8.

There seems to be hardly any hood bulge...

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Great to see it out and about again!

Difficult to tell from this shot, but wondering if it's the same '16/'17MY mule seen previously.......pity there's too much glare/blurring around the headlamp to tell if it's an '18.

Certainly it's lacking the wing the previous car was sporting.......and this one is wearing different wheel covers from when the very early '15 GT350R's were spotted.....I've added a photo of the old wheel cover here.

Looking forward to seeing more :)

attachment.jpg

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
That looks Boss!

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Nod to the Boss comment is interesting, very interesting based on who made it. Wonder if they do in fact release a new Boss where would it fall out in comparsion to the FPC 350?????

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Nod to the Boss comment is interesting, very interesting based on who made it. Wonder if they do in fact release a new Boss where would it fall out in comparsion to the FPC 350?????
Depends what size engine is in it.

How about a 7 litre n/a V8 or a 4.29ci Ecoboost V8? :ford:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Guessing slightly behind the 350 on the track. 5.0 punched up to around 490hp.
I find it hard to believe a boss, a mach 1 and a cobra is coming. I would think the 350 is dropped after 2018, if the above are coming in the rest of the s550 life cycle.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
rant warning:
I find it nearly impossible to believe that the 50th anniversary of THE MOST ICONIC AND RECOGNIZABLE MUSCLE CAR IN ALL OF HISTORY was not celebrated with bells and whistles(on time), RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BIGGEST HORSEPOWER WAR IN HISTORY. in fact im fucking pissed.
HOWEVER ford now has a chance to make up for (what i would consider to be the biggest mistake of the mustang lineage) by bringing back(at least some of)the classic lineup, as it was in 68-70:
MY18 bring us a gt500, bitch slap the hellcat and and make it worth it
MY18 maybe a gt500kr with a power bump or some cool features
MY19 drop the gt350/500 platforms and bring us a mach 1(pure drag car), boss 302(track ready z28 killer), boss 429 (balls to the wall cobra jet replacement/demon killer) all of the pieces are there, and the big 3 are literally re-living the glory days on steroids and ford is sitting with their thumbs up their asses.

and i will GLADLY say that they can flush all of the other bullshit down the toilet. screw the bullitt(its a fucking movie tribute car for gosh sake), the cobra name is basically extinct(hell i own one and love them but svt isnt what it used to be) and for the love of god dont make some pansy ass european inspired world car crap people have been talking about. this is the iconic muscle car era 2.0. MAKE THIS SHIT COUNT, EVERYONE ELSE IS. with that being said, yay for more spy photos. im ready to buy the next halo mustang, hopefully its worth it.

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
WTF are they bringing back the inline 8

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Getting some good laughs, thanks fellas! Maybe a school bus length of engine and then finally the front wheel and cockpit. Haha
I have a good feeling the hellcat is gonna be toast with the new GT500. The Demon, not on a drag strip anyway. It can have the drag strip, we'll have the track and street. Demon is 815HP without race gas and Crate. Crate it will have between 950 and 1100 HP.
They will underate the demon, it'll be probably be 850 on the dyno. We should have around 770...slightly underated. They will be around 90 hp more that us with 300 to 400 more lbs than ours. 20hp/100lbs Comes right out to almost even with them slightly better (if they are over by 40 hp. For the street, with our balance we should be good to go with a good sticky 315 -325 out back and 10 speed auto. Ah.... can't wait for the nashing of teeth.
You never know, we may just get a 825hp car...doubtful but also may get a 680 haha. Good times...good times.
Sponsored