Sponsored

Any Interest In a Compact Spare for Brembo Equipped Cars?

Would you be interested in a compact spare that clears front and rear Brembo's?

• Total voters

drorr86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Today is the last day to take advantage of our 10% off memorial day sale, don't forget to use Promo Code: FREEDOM2017 when checking out.
Sponsored

Guard 15 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Update

OK guys good news/bad news. First off thank you all so much for the feedback and response we have received here, It has helped greatly with development and forecasting interest and future sales. The bad news is that Levittown Ford will not be offering this product for sale. As an OE parts provider we have decided to stick with what we do best. Now for the Great news, This product will be available for sale through Automotive Authority LLC who are currently the only exclusive U.S retailer at this time with pre-orders being taken now at https://www.automotiveauthorityllc....ang-gt-with-brembo-brakes?variant=35747297481 For future product questions and order inquires please contact [email protected]

Thank you all very much!

-Benny
Thanks just ordered a kit. After a sharp rock instantly deflated my rear tire recently and I was stranded, I realized I needed to find an option for a spare.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I can't believe I didn't run across this thread sooner, I also want a spare for my GTPP....my only issue is I ditched the stock lug nuts for slightly larger Black Gorilla lug nuts...

RafaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, PP, Ruby Red
I can't believe I didn't run across this thread sooner, I also want a spare for my GTPP....my only issue is I ditched the stock lug nuts for slightly larger Black Gorilla lug nuts...
Same here! I'm hoping for another discount soon, I definitely need this!

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Do you think that presents an issue?

I swapped my factory lugs for smaller spline-drive lugs from McGard. I believe the conical seat is the same though.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Lets hope the manufacturer makes the wheel pad about the same thickness as the stock wheels. Ford's spare for the S197s had a thinner pad which meant more threads outside the wheel. I bought one from the first production run and the factory nuts were barely deep enough. A grain of sand in the nut (or a factory nut machined that much off) would have made it bottom out. I carried 5 open end nuts for the spare to avoid any issues.

Last edited:

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Lets hope the manufacturer makes the wheel pad about the same thickness as the stock wheels. Ford's spare for the S197s had a thinner pad which meant more threads outside the wheel. I bought one from the first production run and the factory nuts were barely deep enough. A grain of sand in the nut (or a factory nut machined that much off) would have made it bottom out. I carried 5 open end nuts for the spare to avoid any issues.
My aftermarket lugs will screw all the way down on the stud without a wheel on, so that's not an issue.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
My aftermarket lugs will screw all the way down on the stud without a wheel on, so that's not an issue.
I wasn't responding to your post. Don't know why I quoted you. Will edit.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Do you think that presents an issue?

I swapped my factory lugs for smaller spline-drive lugs from McGard. I believe the conical seat is the same though.
My issue is that the Gorilla nuts, do not use the same size lug nut tool that comes with the kit because they require a larger size socket then the stock nuts....I can keep 5 of the original lug nuts with the kit, but then I"ll also need a larger size socket and breaker bar to remove the Gorilla nuts.

The conical seat is another issue but hopefully the seat in the spare wheel is similar to the stock wheel.

drorr86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My issue is that the Gorilla nuts, do not use the same size lug nut tool that comes with the kit because they require a larger size socket then the stock nuts....I can keep 5 of the original lug nuts with the kit, but then I"ll also need a larger size socket and breaker bar to remove the Gorilla nuts.

The conical seat is another issue but hopefully the seat in the spare wheel is similar to the stock wheel.
The conical seat is the same as the stock wheel so the OEM lug nuts can be used without a problem. As you mentioned if you have an aftermarket set of lug nuts on the car now you can always have 5 factory ones in case of an emergency.

Sponsored

genie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP AT MY2017 ver EU
Hi,
A month ago I paid for the 2011-2017 Ford Mustang GT Performance Package Complete Spare Tire Kit.
The seller's website indicates that production and delivery are expected to begin in the third quarter of the current year.
Do you know anything more about this?

MikeR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Convertible Auto Magnetic Euro PP Custom Pk
Received on Monday 17th July from [email protected] in response to my own enquiry:

Any update on expected availability and international shipping? My order number is nnnnnnn

Mike we should have an exact date in the next couple weeks. Our manufacturer pushed back the original date and we are waiting to here back from them now. We will update our page as soon as we have an exact date

Hope this is helpful

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Received on Monday 17th July from [email protected] in response to my own enquiry:

Any update on expected availability and international shipping? My order number is nnnnnnn

Mike we should have an exact date in the next couple weeks. Our manufacturer pushed back the original date and we are waiting to here back from them now. We will update our page as soon as we have an exact date

Hope this is helpful
Sent them an email about two weeks ago. Getting crickets.

I'm starting to get worried since they've had my money for three months now. [MENTION=30348]drorr86[/MENTION] you there?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I was contacted a month ago stating it would not fit GT350 brakes and they promptly refunded my money. I would not worry
Sponsored