Sponsored

Auto-blip??

secstang03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Does anyone know when it was discovered that it will not work with the 17? I ordered one on August 16th, a little disappointing this was not brought to my attention by AutoBlip.

Will the fix require a new unit?
Sponsored

elmn8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT-350 H0124 - Race Red
Does anyone know when it was discovered that it will not work with the 17? I ordered one on August 16th, a little disappointing this was not brought to my attention by AutoBlip.

Will the fix require a new unit?
Early last week. I tried to install mine and had issues. Worked with Andres to troubleshoot and identify the problem.

Yes, it will require a new unit.

secstang03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I will contact AutoBlip, assume they will swap the units.

Thank you for the input.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
635 that GT350 video is straight badass.

I've still got my auto-blip in the box need to install it soon - mmm635 what RPM do you recommend to set it at for the blips? Is there an ideal range you would recommend for the track?

I was able to heel/toe my Boss 302 Laguna Seca like a champ - my feet would not work with the pedal set up in the GT350 configuration unfortunately after a a few sessions it was very clumsy for me had to order the auto blip.
Thanks! Man, I miss that car!!

You really need to play around with it. It really depends how fast you shift, whether or not you are on the street or track. I will take a picture of my unit and where I had it set. I removed the clutch spring in my car - so much better!!

P-cars are are made for people with small feet...my feet always get hung up.

We should be tracking again soon. You should bring the GT350 hook up with us at Road Atlanta or Barber and spank some GT4's!! LOL

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
Will Auto-blip negate the warranty?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Will Auto-blip negate the warranty?
I don't see how it could. It doesn't do a thing except what a skilled driver would do. Plus my understanding is it can be easily removed and there would be no trace. And while you should never deny anything you did to the car, it is smart to remove things before a warranty claim anyway because dealers have been known to jump to wrong conclusions and human nature is to avoid admitting a mistake. Remember the guy who had to fight for months over an engine failure because he dealer thought an oil separator might have sucked all the oil out of the engine .

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Thanks! Man, I miss that car!!

You really need to play around with it. It really depends how fast you shift, whether or not you are on the street or track. I will take a picture of my unit and where I had it set. I removed the clutch spring in my car - so much better!!

P-cars are are made for people with small feet...my feet always get hung up.

We should be tracking again soon. You should bring the GT350 hook up with us at Road Atlanta or Barber and spank some GT4's!! LOL
Trying to get into Road Atlanta next weekend! Missed the deadline by hours, sent them an email..

dsm_mikey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I installed auto blip on my GT350...I LOVE it! I am proficient at heel/toe and have been tracking my cars for almost 10 years. The problem is: I am not perfect and still make mistakes. Being able to focus 100% on braking allows me to drive deeper into the corner consistently.

It takes a little bit of playing around to get the auto blip dialed in. Once it is set, it is perfect. Highly recommend.

I am not a professional driver, nor will I ever be. I am descent at heel/toe, but the auto blip is perfect every time!

Using it at Road America was a lot of fun! For those naysayers...take a hard look at yourself and your driving ability...just because you CAN heel/toe does not mean you are proficient at it and have mastered it. Try it guys-it works and is fun. Watch those lap times get smaller...

I obviously have it turned off for street driving. No need for it if all you are doing is cruising on the street. The ONLY way I would recommend this unit is for the track. It has helped me...

Just my 2 pennies!

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I installed auto blip on my GT350...I LOVE it! I am proficient at heel/toe and have been tracking my cars for almost 10 years. The problem is: I am not perfect and still make mistakes. Being able to focus 100% on braking allows me to drive deeper into the corner consistently.

It takes a little bit of playing around to get the auto blip dialed in. Once it is set, it is perfect. Highly recommend.

I am not a professional driver, nor will I ever be. I am descent at heel/toe, but the auto blip is perfect every time!

Using it at Road America was a lot of fun! For those naysayers...take a hard look at yourself and your driving ability...just because you CAN heel/toe does not mean you are proficient at it and have mastered it. Try it guys-it works and is fun. Watch those lap times get smaller...

I obviously have it turned off for street driving. No need for it if all you are doing is cruising on the street. The ONLY way I would recommend this unit is for the track. It has helped me...

Just my 2 pennies!
Agree wholeheartedly. While I wasn't proficient at heel-toe, the Auto-Blip has made track days a lot more enjoyable - and quicker. I'm still working on perfecting my heel-toe, but in the mean time this fits the bill.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Agree wholeheartedly. While I wasn't proficient at heel-toe, the Auto-Blip has made track days a lot more enjoyable - and quicker. I'm still working on perfecting my heel-toe, but in the mean time this fits the bill.
Was it difficult to resist the instinctual reaction????

Sponsored

dsm_mikey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R

For me, Yes. I was fighting the auto-blip for most of the 1st day. By the 2nd day after consciously fighting the urge to blip the throttle, I was able to fight the urge and then began to enjoy the beauty of a perfect blip without effort! Still fighting the urge, but when I do it is great. I am sure next year I will be much better at letting the device sort it out!

I turn it off when driving on the street.

Btw...I will also be installing the auto-blip in my 2007 Z06 and my 2005 350z. It really does work quite well!

Mike

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
The first day it was. By the end of the day the comfort of knowing I could go deeper before braking because I didn't have to worry about missing the downshift/blip, the muscle memory was almost forgotten.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

Just my 2 pennies!
how does autoblip work if you are at redline? what if you have to go down 2 gears?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
how does autoblip work if you are at redline? what if you have to go down 2 gears?
How does heel-toe work at redline? :) It will hit the limiter.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't do two at once. It works when you brake and then fully depress the clutch, a second clutch in while still on the brake won't trigger it again. I'd have to try it again to be 100% certain, but I recall that being the case.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
How does heel-toe work at redline? :) It will hit the limiter.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't do two at once. It works when you brake and then fully depress the clutch, a second clutch in while still on the brake won't trigger it again. I'd have to try it again to be 100% certain, but I recall that being the case.
You are correct. I have both the SRP pedals and the auto blip. A couple of my favorite mods.
Sponsored