WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I would assume that enough vehicles have had the issue, that most dealers have had to replace Evaporator units a few times by now.
Did they regas you as a temporary fix whilst waiting for the part to come in?
Sponsored

Nickosek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 - Race red - GT5.0 - Auto (AUS)
Dealer checked my system and re-gassed it .... I had to remind them that it was the second time they have re-gassed .... after a bit more of a discussion, they have ordered a new compressor which they are waiting to receive.... will rebook in for replacement when it comes in.....
if it happens again, by process of elimination, its gotta be the evaporator I guess.... figures crossed the compressor is it, as it does make quite a bit of a racket.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE: Dealer just called and said that they located a leaking valve in the aircon system which has been replaced and the system regassed.

Claims that the compressor isn't the issue on this occasion (but did admit that this is a known fault with the car).

Picking it up shortly - I suspect that I may be returning at some stage.

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Every time I'm in the car I check the vents now! Along with the hitting the rattle in the driver's door (prob only there since I changed the exhaust to a rumbly one......) its a bit of a ritual!

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Just drove it home - icy cold again & no longer making gargling noises or blowing powder.

Hoping it lasts.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Just having a chuckle at the "Schroder" valve Drew....it should be a Schrader valve...It's the fill point for the refrigerant. ..Schroder reminds me of a name Jerry Lewis used often when he was impersonating germans in his comedy acts.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Just having a chuckle at the "Schroder" valve Drew....it should be a Schrader valve...It's the fill point for the refrigerant. ..Schroder reminds me of a name Jerry Lewis used often when he was impersonating germans in his comedy acts.
Haha yeah.

Google was confused about it too.

auj4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT FB GB
I was thinking Schrodingers valve. It could be in any state until you open the bonnet :D

auj4

Gibbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Monaro CV8 '05 , Mustang GT 18 on order.
I was thinking Schrodingers valve. It could be in any state until you open the bonnet :D

auj4
LMAO! I had no idea I was in such educated company! Bravo! :)

Seriously though, if you have to have an aircon fault that is the best place for it to be. Easy fix.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I was chatting to a guy in a Ruby Red GT at the lights today and he said that his aircon had gone out too.

No wonder his windows were down.

Sponsored

Krispy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang GT S Code
Yep my air con has packed it in. Just coming up for 12 months old and 20K on the clock. Looks endemic to the model. Glad is has happened now and not in summer. Can't get a loaner from Power Ford until the 31st but at least it seems thay have some experience with the problem. I don't like that picture of the dashboard laid out all over the from seats.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Still waiting on my part.

(on an unrelated note.... I have a 2012 Ford Focus (auto). Currently needs an electronic module(transmission) and clutch replacement. Due to a joint action against Ford Australia (common transmission issues), the Warranty for the auto transmissions has been extended, so luckily, that is being done with no out of pocket for me.)

It does show the power of group action for these kind of things though. I know the aircon is still under warranty on the mustangs, but years down the track, if you cop it late, there is still hope. (think Oil cooler issues too)

keep the community strong! it only works in our favour.

BroncosXR8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EL II XR8, 2015 Mustang GT on the way!
I think mine might have just gone.

Driving back down from Brisbane to Sydney, the last leg just before Newcastle I pulled over and was on the phone for about 30 minutes. Once I got going again it was only hot air, I ended up turning it off until I got back into Sydney.

Now that the weather is quite cold again I can't tell if its still blowing hot air again or not, I'm about to fly out for a couple of weeks so will have to wait until I get back.