Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've got nothing but time. If no mag gray then when I find a suitable white; I'll paint it.
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
gal_04.jpg

They are quick models, not your run of the mill new bright where they barely have enough go to move on a smooth surface. These do about 25 to 30 mph. Stick a Lipo in it and it will be a little rocket. Enjoy
I do like the detail, but wish they had it in GT350

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Sorry lemers, you might have to paint your own. Everything out there so far seems to be either in white, blue or red. I've not spotted a Magnetic in miniature yet. The closest is this unpainted hotwheels prototype. But the asking price is a ridiculous 100 bucks on ebay.

The protos are usually a lot more. If you can find 60s and 70s redline protos, those are high dollar. I had some sir Rodney roadster chrome as well as other protos and rare blister packs like the alternate white zwhiz (Datsun 280z under 10 known examples) I sold the whiz and got 12k just for that one car.

OP
OP
Mspeedster

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
The protos are usually a lot more. If you can find 60s and 70s redline protos, those are high dollar. I had some sir Rodney roadster chrome as well as other protos and rare blister packs like the alternate white zwhiz (Datsun 280z under 10 known examples) I sold the whiz and got 12k just for that one car.
Seriously!? That's crazy money for a hotwheels car.

But it seems like it would be easy to fake a prototype by simply stripping the paint off of a normal hotwheels car.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
To the trained eye its very difficult for the counterfeiters to get away with it. There are guys that know exactly what to look for. Re-revited bases, tampos incorrect, incorrect paint, touch ups, etc.
Yeah, thats a lot of money, I actually bought it for 10K believe it or not, but I did make some on it when I sold it. I spent roughly 80K on my hotwheels collection and I sold most of it for just under 100. This was in the mid to late 2000's, at that time the hotwheels redline scene was going strong. It hasn't tanked but it has declined considerably as those aged fellas are starting to pass and those that are alive have nice sized collections already. My childhood cars were the flying colors, so i collected mostly those and the Spoilers from the early 70's. Mostly the Boss Hoss and King Kuda. My favorite where the club cars that where chromed and sprayed over with the spectra paint. They shine like a christmas ornament and are pretty rare.
I still have about 200+K in toys I need to sell someday. About 20 years ago I started collecting stuff and had an idea of when I retire I'd open up a little shop where I would sell my toys. It makes more sense to sell the stuff now as that generation will mostly be passed (me included) in 10 years.

Edit: Here is some of my old packaged redlines.
If you look at the library, you'll see all my loose cars. I still have a good collection, just not whopping.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/concepts/library/Packaged%20Flying%20Colors?sort=6&page=1

Last edited:

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
OP
OP
Mspeedster

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To the trained eye its very difficult for the counterfeiters to get away with it. There are guys that know exactly what to look for. Re-revited bases, tampos incorrect, incorrect paint, touch ups, etc.
Yeah, thats a lot of money, I actually bought it for 10K believe it or not, but I did make some on it when I sold it. I spent roughly 80K on my hotwheels collection and I sold most of it for just under 100. This was in the mid to late 2000's, at that time the hotwheels redline scene was going strong. It hasn't tanked but it has declined considerably as those aged fellas are starting to pass and those that are alive have nice sized collections already. My childhood cars were the flying colors, so i collected mostly those and the Spoilers from the early 70's. Mostly the Boss Hoss and King Kuda. My favorite where the club cars that where chromed and sprayed over with the spectra paint. They shine like a christmas ornament and are pretty rare.
I still have about 200+K in toys I need to sell someday. About 20 years ago I started collecting stuff and had an idea of when I retire I'd open up a little shop where I would sell my toys. It makes more sense to sell the stuff now as that generation will mostly be passed (me included) in 10 years.

Edit: Here is some of my old packaged redlines.
If you look at the library, you'll see all my loose cars. I still have a good collection, just not whopping.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/concepts/library/Packaged%20Flying%20Colors?sort=6&page=1
Interesting. I'm not a collector, but I can understand the nostalgia for folks (me included) who grew up in that era. Never imagined that prices would be that high though.

My first Mustang was in fact an original (late 60's?) Hot Wheels Boss Hoss, when I was a little kid. My parents kept a lot of my toys for some reason. I wonder if they still have it. It looked like this one, same color too.

Rare-True-ORANGE-BOSS-HOSS-SPOILER-Original.jpg

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Would be nice if they did still have them...just to look thru them and roll em.
The orange Hoss is in the medium range on the scale of hard to find, but is a beauty when it good shape. Any of them are hard to find mint and command a premium when they are. The purple with black interior and copper with black interior are among the hardest to find for the Hoss not including the over chrome cars. The red over chrome is the hardest of the hoss's to find, one would pay around 10k for it. Some say there is a pink boss but it's really just faded red.
Anyway, there is a whole huge fan club of that stuff. Some of the big dogs in that arena have 7 figure collections. Bruce Pascal would probably be the king of prototypes, he's spent the greater part of 20 years hunting them down.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Off topic:
Heres a snap of some of the loose ones I have left. Still have some nice packaged examples including an alternate red P917. I loved the p917 when i was tike...my favorite toy was the chrome 917, one like it's on the display.
20170303_124533.jpg
20170303_073541.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mspeedster

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While not our GT350, GT Spirit has just come out with the Shelby GT. I think they look pretty cool.

OP
OP
Mspeedster

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Newly released 1/24 diecast models from New Ray. These are pretty cheap and not as nice as the GT Spirit cars. But it looks like the hood and doors open.

Of course, I've got the blue one on order. :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mspeedster

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 1/24 New Ray GT350R diecast came in. Not bad, considering it's about a $10 diecast model. Have it sitting next to the 1/24 Maisto R/C.

Also, found these cute little Mustang GT and Ford GT cars at Toys R Us. Repainted the Mustang, it's originally a lime green color.
DSCN0265s.JPG
DSCN0267s.JPG
DSCN0269s.JPG
DSCN0276s.JPG
DSCN0279s.JPG

OP
OP
Mspeedster

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noticed that Fast Lane now has a 1/24 scale RC GT350R in Race Red, available at Toys R Us and ebay etc...

s-l500.jpg
The Fast Lane RC now comes in blue too. Good news for blue fans like me! :D

Sponsored