AU Delivery Checklist

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Ranger I bought in May 2014 was just sitting in the showroom uncovered, Ranger I bought September last year had the cover over it and unveiling ceremony with signs everywhere and my name on a TV screen. I found it really embarrassing to be honest as it was also done right beside the waiting area for the service department.
I understand why they'd do this for a mustang but if they do the same thing for the basic focus or falcon then it's not really special is it. Looks like as someone pointed out its a tool to deflect away from pre-delivery imperfections.
Sponsored

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
I understand why they'd do this for a mustang but if they do the same thing for the basic focus or falcon then it's not really special is it. Looks like as someone pointed out its a tool to deflect away from pre-delivery imperfections.

They did it when my recently emigrated parents-in-law bought a base model Holden Cruz (horrible car, truly horrible, I've driven it many times now) and it was just all quite ridiculous. The car was just bought as a shopping trolley (they bought the Cruz as they are familiar with them as Chevrolet Cruzes in Mexico), and my parents-in-law were quite perplexed. Dealer wanted to take photos with them taking the veil off and everything. I was there doing the translating and I was embarrassed.

Do not want this crap with the Mustang delivery. I hate fuss and ceremony.

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger I bought in May 2014 was just sitting in the showroom uncovered, Ranger I bought September last year had the cover over it and unveiling ceremony with signs everywhere and my name on a TV screen. I found it really embarrassing to be honest as it was also done right beside the waiting area for the service department.
Yep, that's embarrassing. Name on TV screen?? I'd be almost inclined to go hide.

FreeRein

FreeRein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M17 Mustang GT 6MT Coupe
Folks,

I used the list with my dealer and they were helpful in fixing most stuff. The wiring loom issue in engine bay. They didn't know about this but checked 5 stock cars both the new MY16 (May prod) and MY17 (mine, June 2 prod) and they were all fitted with the foil tubing in right side of engine bay - runs along top of right chassis rail. So you can delete this as a furphy now. Got the under-seal o'spray off the wheels. The boot-lid looks to be adjustable by these two bolts that mount the hinge to the body work shown in photo attached. The nuts for these bolts would be accessible by removing the boot liner u near the boot opening. I will try this - my boot-lid sits up 3 mm on rt side.
Dealer wasn't wanting to play with rear bumper gaps to rear side guards either. ll live with that. A few other paint flaws are livable - don't fool yourself - this is not Audi, BMW or even VW build quality, so don't expect that. However, basically the car was much better than the checklist and forum would have me to expect - maybe they are just building them better. The only issue I have is clutch shudder on take-off - hope it recedes but experience tells me not.
IMG_1446.JPG
IMG_1440.JPG

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
how can you check the rear window shakes, if you don't drive it? does it shake if it is pressed or something?

Sponsored

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Folks,

I used the list with my dealer and they were helpful in fixing most stuff. The wiring loom issue in engine bay. They didn't know about this but checked 5 stock cars both the new MY16 (May prod) and MY17 (mine, June 2 prod) and they were all fitted with the foil tubing in right side of engine bay - runs along top of right chassis rail. So you can delete this as a furphy now. Got the under-seal o'spray off the wheels. The boot-lid looks to be adjustable by these two bolts that mount the hinge to the body work shown in photo attached. The nuts for these bolts would be accessible by removing the boot liner u near the boot opening. I will try this - my boot-lid sits up 3 mm on rt side.
Dealer wasn't wanting to play with rear bumper gaps to rear side guards either. ll live with that. A few other paint flaws are livable - don't fool yourself - this is not Audi, BMW or even VW build quality, so don't expect that. However, basically the car was much better than the checklist and forum would have me to expect - maybe they are just building them better. The only issue I have is clutch shudder on take-off - hope it recedes but experience tells me not.
Thanks for the update on the previous wiring loom issue. But not sure I could handle that boot lid. Did the dealer not want to fix? I'm not expecting Audi quality either, but I am expecting, say, recent XR6 or XR8 quality, and I've not seen one of them with a boot lid like that. Hope you can sort it out.

I had a nightmare last night that I forgot to do the checklist at the dealer and came home with a 'new' Mustang that had over 5,000 kms on it plus oil coming out under the tappet covers, and scuff marks all over the car's paint. Ford is sending me nuts. I think I should get a free car as compensation for mental anguish ...

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
When I picked up my mustang today there was another being delivered. We both had the same (new?) issue: the passenger side mirror would not go in far enough. I could not see the car's haunches with the mirror in all the way. One thing to note is my seat is quite forward because I'm short, so it may not be an issue for the long legged. Salesman noted it and service dept is going to look into it.

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
Here is an example of a boot alignment issue. You're looking at the passenger side of the bottom of the boot lid, and it is jutting out a bit. The driver side was complete flush with the brake lights.

The picture makes it look horrible, but I didn't originally notice from a metre away.. its just after I ran my finger over it, it really became noticeable.

In terms of the gap between the boot lid and brake light assembly - they were quite even on both sides.
IMG_0971.jpg

zeeman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
OXFORD WHITE GT AUTO MY17
Here is an example of a boot alignment issue. You're looking at the passenger side of the bottom of the boot lid, and it is jutting out a bit. The driver side was complete flush with the brake lights.

The picture makes it look horrible, but I didn't originally notice from a metre away.. its just after I ran my finger over it, it really became noticeable.

In terms of the gap between the boot lid and brake light assembly - they were quite even on both sides.
I saw 6 my17 yesterday at Sunbury Ford half of them had the same problem.Pointed this out to the dealer said easy adjustment ?

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I saw 6 my17 yesterday at Sunbury Ford half of them had the same problem.Pointed this out to the dealer said easy adjustment ?
If it were that easy why are so many being delivered just like it.

:thumbdown:

Sponsored

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
Lets hope so, I'll post back with what happens.

Freman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eco boost 21-10-16
At what point does the pre-delivery Odometer reading become an issue for your guys?

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
At what point does the pre-delivery Odometer reading become an issue for your guys?
Ours had 15km on it when we picked it up. When I was working in a dealership 20km was the max we would see as they arrived, average would of been around 10-12km. Had a mate who used to work at Prix-Car back in the day and they were told under no circumstances put more than 20km on the cars.

Another factor would be what accessories/options you've had fitted and where it was done could add to the total.

Anything more than 25km I would be starting to ask questions.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came with 21km on the clock.

It did have to leave the facility to have the OTT stripes fitted, though.

Also got shuttled between two ships before arriving at Port Kembla.

VNE000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Comp. Orange (Delivered Aug 2016)
Ours had 15km on it when we picked it up. When I was working in a dealership 20km was the max we would see as they arrived, average would of been around 10-12km. Had a mate who used to work at Prix-Car back in the day and they were told under no circumstances put more than 20km on the cars.

Another factor would be what accessories/options you've had fitted and where it was done could add to the total.

Anything more than 25km I would be starting to ask questions.
I asked the saleman to keep the window sticker and he very kindly saved everything he could. In the collection was a Baltimore delivery report which stated my car had 10.4kms when it arrived at the port. This had turned into about 14 (I think) when I collected the car. We had OTT stripes which meant more time (and distance?) at Flatrock.
Sponsored