Sponsored

Any GT350 owners contemplating the '17 Raptor?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Who cares! It's sound. Don't get me wrong. I love the sound of a V8. I love the sound of my GT350!
But I'm not going to make my decision of a performance vehicle based on sound. Jesus Christ!
Would you take a 1978 mustang II Cobra v8 over a 2016 mustang 2.3 ecoboost just because of the v8 rumble? Ignorant.
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Gentleman,

I am looking to make an order. I am currently deployed and would like to not pay over MSRP. Can anyone give me a lead in for a dealership? Anywhere in the US is fine. I will fly in and drive home. I refuse to pay over MSRP after buying a GT350. I already pursued Military Auto Sales (no luck).

I appreciate the help,

-Alex
Dont know if your still interested but my dealership probably has 1 msrp allocation available if you want it? Please let me know soon.

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
Well my friend. You are entitled to.

You prefer the raptor with the V6?

Certainly it's super capable. But it does lack the V8 rumble.
Who cares! It's sound. Don't get me wrong. I love the sound of a V8. I love the sound of my GT350!
But I'm not going to make my decision of a performance vehicle based on sound. Jesus Christ!
Would you take a 1978 mustang II Cobra v8 over a 2016 mustang 2.3 ecoboost just because of the v8 rumble? Ignorant.
There are a lot of current Raptor owners that have a problem with a V6 Raptor and how it sounds. Even a friend (who is a Ford Engineer and Raptor owner) said the Gen 2 Raptor will smoke a Gen 1 Raptor, but it sounds like shit doing it. At the end of the day, I have no doubt the Gen 2 Raptor will be an overall improvement over the current model (Which will be impressive as my 2011 is a beast and I have driven it hard). I am still confident a Raptor R version with a V8 is around the corner and hence why I am waiting a few years. I'd like to dream of a VooDoo in a Raptor!

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
It appears that you are ignorant as to what "ignorant" actually means.

What I stated was an opinion. Being ignorant is having a lack of knowledge.

For me, for what I prefer, in a vehicle such as the Raptor, I prefer the engine to sound like the truck looks. Appearance, functionality and how it sounds are all important to me. Just as in my GT350.

That said, in my Platinum, I'm looking for functionality and luxury and that's exactly what I've got. So in that vehicle, having a V8 and the rumble that accompanies it, is not a priority.

And my friend, fwiw, you don't have to insult someone simply because you have a difference of opinion. Discussions and forums are always better when people can have open dialouge without insults.

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Btw, this as an example is really terrible.

I would take the 1978 because of a plethora of reasons. The rumble tho is certainly one of them.

If you want to make a point, you need to provide an example of a car that has a rumble...but that still sucks so bad that I would not want it. For example maybe a Honda Civic with an exhaust over the 2.3 Eco boost. Not quite a perfect example, but I'll trust that you get my point.

Your example helps your arguement not at all.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Good grief... Sound doesn't make a vehicle.

The world is changing. The Raptor is a dedicated performance vehicle above the curve of any other truck available. The TTV6 is more efficient than any V8 truck within the same application (only other truck comparable is the 6.2L Raptor).

Besides, for those of us who would use the truck for a work truck as well as a fun truck, screw a dagum sound when the ecobeast kills the V8 in tow and efficiency.

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)

The world is changing. The Raptor is a dedicated performance vehicle above the curve of any other truck available. The TTV6 is more efficient than any V8 truck within the same application (only other truck comparable is the 6.2L Raptor).

Besides, for those of us who would use the truck for a work truck as well as a fun truck, screw a dagum sound when the ecobeast kills the V8 in tow and efficiency.
Lol. I agree the world is changing.

And some people like sound. Some people don't. It's ok. It's very much ok. :cheers:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smh...

Get you a BMW system that pipes v8 sounds into the cabin or just get a Gen 1 6.2L.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Btw, this as an example is really terrible.

I would take the 1978 because of a plethora of reasons. The rumble tho is certainly one of them.

If you want to make a point, you need to provide an example of a car that has a rumble...but that still sucks so bad that I would not want it. For example maybe a Honda Civic with an exhaust over the 2.3 Eco boost. Not quite a perfect example, but I'll trust that you get my point.

Your example helps your arguement not at all.
Yep. You're ignorant.

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wouldn't take a 1978 Cobra II, but no way would I buy a 2.3 EB either. I'm not saying it's a bad car, I'm just saying it isn't for me. If I could spend comparable money on either car and drop a built 363 into the '78 with a TKO behind it and tub the rear wheels, I would 100% take it over the EB if those were my only two choices.

I think if people stop buying new cars that have crappy sounding engines, the manufacturers will figure out how to make better sounding engines. If most people don't care what a vehicle sounds like, eventually no vehicles will sound good anymore.

I know which world I would prefer to live in. :cheers:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have no complaints with my current F150 ecoboost... I guess the people driving the v8's would not appreciate my exhaust since they would be left behind me, hearing my exhaust.

Last edited:

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
If you dont want a v6 raptor then why are you on the waiting list? Ford is not going to offer a v8 raptor. No way in hell would you see a TTv8 in the f150 before the mustang. Some people are just to ignorant.
The 2018 F-150 Raptor will become the beneficiary of the coming EcoBoost 5.0 V8, according to insider sources at Ford – and we may even see the V8 make it’s way into the truck for the 2017 debut.

It's happening... They got HUGE backlash from the Raptor community when the V6 was announced so they really had to. They're not even really rumors anymore it's just a matter of when it will be put into production. Why wouldn't they do it in a truck first? Is the Mustang that much more superior? I think not. When I traded my '13 with high miles I got $1k less than the MSRP when it was new. When we traded in my wife's '14 mint with low miles we got $2k over MSRP and I had the window sticker from both. Do that with any 3 year old Mustang! Oh and they we're bought at MSRP no ADM...

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I have no idea where you people come up with these notions. First of all the ecoboost outsells the 5.0 F150. Second ford is NOT building a 5.0/5.2 raptor period. Do you really think they put all the R&D into the ecoboost and care what kind of backlash past owners said? No they don't. The f150 has only 1 V8 option and ford will not make another v8 option for the raptor. Get your heads out of your ass people.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I have no idea where you people come up with these notions. First of all the ecoboost outsells the 5.0 F150. Second ford is NOT building a 5.0/5.2 raptor period. Do you really think they put all the R&D into the ecoboost and care what kind of backlash past owners said? No they don't. The f150 has only 1 V8 option and ford will not make another v8 option for the raptor. Get your heads out of your ass people.
Here's an ecoboost 5.0 from Ford. The R&D has already been done. The question is how long before it finds it's way into the Raptor. There's too much on the table for them not to. We know it will probably be in the GT500.

coyote1-660x400.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: