Sponsored

Front Tribar LED with Sequential Turn MOD! (new thread)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It'll be the 3rd and last time I remove my front bumper for the tri-bars.
This "high powered" version will be again a home-made thing like I did with the Coplus turn signal light. After some researches, I found great LED chips for that and a new switchback/dimm module. I currently test everything to be sure that it works well, if everything is OK, I'll install that on my car.

The actual tri-bars are done to be slightly higher than 1000 lumens, my version is at around 7500 lumens (3 x 2500 lumens) :ninja:
Same power output as my Coplus light :thumbsup:
John care to tell us which company sells those led chips and the switchback module? This might help us work out a solution for the tail lights as well if we know of a company that makes this kind of products.
Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
John care to tell us which company sells those led chips and the switchback module? This might help us work out a solution for the tail lights as well if we know of a company that makes this kind of products.
Of course I can, company is called : Ebay.com :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I order all my stuff from China via Ebay. I know some will say what you can find there it's not reliable, but for now, I have no issues with the products I found.
Of course, for the LED chips, you can buy some from bigger companies like Osram.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks, never thought of that! Thanks anyway! :headbonk:

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I am not even considering touching my headlights again! Will be nice to see them once you get them on your car John. Good luck with this project. :thumbsup:

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of course will share the result once installed on my car.
Here you have a nice compare picture of Diode Dynamics (headlights on the car) and the first try of the home made version.

As always, pictures are not really accurate, but the home made version is definitely brighter in real ! :eyebulge:

Charly159

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Quentin
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 2016
The best is the one installed on the car?
Ok, I go out =)

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Of course will share the result once installed on my car.
Here you have a nice compare picture of Diode Dynamics (headlights on the car) and the first try of the home made version.

As always, pictures are not really accurate, but the home made version is definitely brighter in real ! :eyebulge:
They seem bright yes.. even too bright! Aren't you worried that with that much brightness they would appear as a single spot, instead of the three bars?

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I know now that John likes to have his front end fully illuminated :eyebulge:

On the contrary, I like it simply with the DD tribars, no other DRLs, or any other lights whatsoever. I think those gill lights are part of the personality of the S550. Any other lights reflect the persobality of the owner. Also I prefer the brightness of DD's led boards compared to the home made version on the photo you posted.

John don't take me wrong, it's just my taste. You are doing very well developing and testing all those alternatives and sharing your ideas and projects with us - thanks for that :cheers:

Last edited:

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They seem bright yes.. even too bright! Aren't you worried that with that much brightness they would appear as a single spot, instead of the three bars?
From far away, yes, I think they will appear as a single spot on the headlights. But once you're near to the car, you'll then clearly identify the 3 bars :headbang:

I now know now that John likes to have his front end fully illuminated :eyebulge:

On the contrary, I like it simply with the DD tribars, no other DRLs, or any other lights whatsoever. I think those gill lights are part of the personality of the S550. Any other lights reflect the persobality of the owner. Also I prefer the brightness of DD's led boards compared to the home made version on the photo you posted.

John don't take me wrong, it's just my taste. You are doing very well developing and testing all those alternatives and sharing your ideas and projects with us - thanks for that :cheers:
No problem mate, everyone has his taste. For me, I love to have to bright lights, I know some of you are happy with DD's boards, but I'm not.
The personnality for me on the S550 is to have the DRL gills and the switchback solution on the turn signal light, this is OEM on the US 'Stang and they removed that on our cars ... :ford: :paddle:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Respect man :hail:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
can we use the DD leds without hooking it up to the turn indicators? not sure I want those DRLs blinking everytime I turn right or left...

(yes the lazy Norwegian is still on the fence... :D)
You definitely can. But those sequential turn signals are so nice! Just don't use those T-tap connectors. As long as you 'll take your bumper off, try to make some proper connections that will last forever.
Soldering only :cheers:
Soldering is definitely the best way. However, if you follow proper splicing techniques that make a strong connection and then you use self-fusing rubber tape in order to make the connections strong, waterproof and heat resistant (such as 3M Scotch Rubber Splicing Tape 23), then there is no need to solder. Actually this is what I did. Also you might need to disconnect the wires in the future and soldering is going to make it difficult.

I have proper instructions for creating strong connections without soldering if someone needs them.
As promised, the following link contains the proper instructions for creating strong and long-lasting connections without soldering:

http://www.musclecardiy.com/automot...motive-electrical-connections-and-connectors/

After opening the above link, go to to "The Westinghouse Split". This is what you need.

This is how I did the splicing of the wires for the tribar DRL led boards after I removed the T-tap connectors. Tip: don't forget wrapping the spliced wires with 3M Scotch Rubber Splicing Tape 23, to keep your connections tight, strong, waterproof and heat resistent. This way they will last forever.

Bazzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
Here a simple hack to black-out your OEM-parkinglights without can-bus-errors.
Needed:
- a pair of simple can bus T10-lights (Ebay about 3 euros)
- Edding to blackout the led's
- Shrink-hose and lighter

Very easy to switch to stock for MOT.
IMG_6629.jpeg
IMG_6631.jpeg
IMG_6632.jpeg
IMG_6633.jpeg
IMG_6634.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: