Sponsored

Detailed Order Process (UK-S550)

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, Porsche 911
Delivery Time

I've had no replies whatsoever from Ford UK or Ford US - not good customer service!

Bearing in mind the car was built on the 21st July I've just heard back from Ford Guernsey who have advised they have an ETA of 4th November.

That's nearly 3 and a half months from build to delivery!
Sponsored

Last edited:

FilipV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3
Mine was built a month before yours and is only on it's way over now.
Any updates about your car's location?
Can't track it any longer after it was discharged at Zebrugge and lack of info is killing me :crazy:

McDan1el

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST3 / Mustang SE S550 Ordered
Mine was built a month before yours and is only on it's way over now.

Hang in there, bud. Hopefully you will see an update soon.
Any updates on yours? Mines all signed for and done, pick it up Friday at 14:00... that's going to be a long morning at work!

GB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gareth
Vehicle(s)
Future GT S550 owner... hopefully
Any updates about your car's location?
Can't track it any longer after it was discharged at Zebrugge and lack of info is killing me :crazy:
I know what you mean.

We have a 2 week wait whilst the car is customs cleared and undersealed. All going well I'm hoping we will have an update by the end of next week.

Fingers crossed, they will be delivered to us by the first week in Sept as I have that week off! :D

I'm not holding my breath though.

GB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gareth
Vehicle(s)
Any updates on yours? Mines all signed for and done, pick it up Friday at 14:00... that's going to be a long morning at work!
That's great news, mate!

Please post some pictures when you get it.

I think mine will be delivered in 2-3 weeks. That said I was the first in the dealership to order one, and yet their demo Shadow Edition car arrived this week. :shrug:

I'm going to pop by this weekend to take a look. Any excuse really to go and look at Mustang's to be honest. :D

Sponsored

McDan1el

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's great news, mate!

Please post some pictures when you get it.

I think mine will be delivered in 2-3 weeks. That said I was the first in the dealership to order one, and yet their demo Shadow Edition car arrived this week. :shrug:

I'm going to pop by this weekend to take a look. Any excuse really to go and look at Mustang's to be honest. :D
Awesome, get some pics up after you go. And don't worry I'll post pics when I pick mine up. My personalised plate has turned up too :D

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Latest

FFS - this is testing my patience!

Despite being built nearly six weeks ago and not even leaving the factory and having numerous emails to Ford unanswered Cotus is now telling me that my VIN is not recognised and is invalid!

The window sticker still works so I've now no idea what's going on.

Terrible customer service - in future I'm just going to buy a car that's either in stock or second hand. If I ran my business like this I would have no clients at all.

Grrrrr

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
FFS - this is testing my patience!

Despite being built nearly six weeks ago and not even leaving the factory and having numerous emails to Ford unanswered Cotus is now telling me that my VIN is not recognised and is invalid!

The window sticker still works so I've now no idea what's going on.

Terrible customer service - in future I'm just going to buy a car that's either in stock or second hand. If I ran my business like this I would have no clients at all.

Grrrrr
I have a second hand car waiting for you if you want it! Save yourself a few quid

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a second hand car waiting for you if you want it! Save yourself a few quid
Thanks but I really want the one I've ordered and they have an 8 grand deposit on it so
I'm not walking away from that... just echoes other posts on here that when they have your money they just don't seem to care

GB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gareth
Vehicle(s)
Awesome, get some pics up after you go. And don't worry I'll post pics when I pick mine up. My personalised plate has turned up too :D
Looked good in the flesh I have to say. It was a GB with the black roof option (although I'm sure that wasn't an option when I ordered mine) looked fantastic. I was soo tempted to say 'I'll take that one please..., but then it was an auto and I really wanted a manual.

I was also pleased to see that the paint wasn't speckled with black dots, and there was no bonnet pinch. Although the boot lid alignment was dreadful.

Photos are on their way.

Sponsored

McDan1el

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looked good in the flesh I have to say. It was a GB with the black roof option (although I'm sure that wasn't an option when I ordered mine) looked fantastic. I was soo tempted to say 'I'll take that one please..., but then it was an auto and I really wanted a manual.

I was also pleased to see that the paint wasn't speckled with black dots, and there was no bonnet pinch. Although the boot lid alignment was dreadful.

Photos are on their way.
Black Roof was an option when I ordered but I didn't go for it, just wasn't too sure. Seen pics since and looks really good though.

Look forward to pics :D :D

McDan1el

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Photos are on their way.
You're killing me man, where are the pics haha!

GB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gareth
Vehicle(s)
You're killing me man, where are the pics haha!
Only a couple I'm afraid. I couldn't stop by for too long as we were on our way out.
20170827_110931_resize.jpg
20170827_110724_resize.jpg
20170827_110717_resize.jpg
20170827_110851_resize.jpg

mustrap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT Convertible - Currently on order
Interesting that build times seem to be coming right down in duration.
Sponsored