OP
OP
cloud9

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Anything you see that Watson could improve upon?
No complaints. A recommendation was made toninclue 10.9 M8 bolts for the B pillar attachment and they said they are now going to include them in the kit. I think they may also be making some adjustment to the bracket that slips over the factory gusset at the base of the B pillar. Apparently every car is a little different so sometimes the holes have to be hogged slightly to line up. Mine lined up perfectly though.
Sponsored

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Does any of the interior plastic need to be trimmed?

OP
OP
cloud9

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Only a small roughly 3" area at the bottom of the side panel around the main hoop.

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
Looks great. What are you going to do about mounting the lap and anti-sub belts. Do you see any issues with putting this roll bar in and keep the stock Recaros?

OP
OP
cloud9

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Looks great. What are you going to do about mounting the lap and anti-sub belts. Do you see any issues with putting this roll bar in and keep the stock Recaros?
Using the Schroth eyebolts mounted to my Planted Seat base for the sub and lap belts. No issues with the Recaros....I just bolt in my race seat for the track and put the Recaros in for the street. It's only four bolts. I am upgrading the rear bolts to grade 12.9 for a little extra peace of mind.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Only a small roughly 3" area at the bottom of the side panel around the main hoop.
Gary, can you post areas of the trim where you cut please. Looks great. I may pick one of these up when I go to Watson next week for my dyno pulls. They had a stack of them sitting there last time I was there. I should of got one then.

OP
OP
cloud9

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Gary, can you post areas of the trim where you cut please. Looks great. I may pick one of these up when I go to Watson next week for my dyno pulls. They had a stack of them sitting there last time I was there. I should of got one then.
I took the best pics I could now that it's installed....it's just a small cut and arc for the bar to fit around.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I took the best pics I could now that it's installed....it's just a small cut and arc for the bar to fit around.

Looks awesome:headbang:

I'm about to do my install, how is it getting the nuts on the rear down bars from underneath? I'm going to be tackling this on stands.

I won't have exhaust on the car so hopefully that free up some room.

OP
OP
cloud9

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Thanks. Should be easier with no exhaust but definitely a two person operation. I was glad I had a lift.

Sponsored

Mike Jesse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium
I asume Watson also makes an NHRA legal 6 point roll bar?
This one would not pass any tech inspection.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Yes, they make a bolt in 6pt that is NHRA legal. That's the one I'm installing. They are essentially the same except for the addition of door bars.

rallycobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang gt track car
How do you use 6 point harnesses with the stock seats? Has any one modified the seats so submarine straps can come through?

OP
OP
cloud9

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
How do you use 6 point harnesses with the stock seats? Has any one modified the seats so submarine straps can come through?
I test fit a bracket for 06mach1 at the other forum that bolts to the rear seat bolts and has eyelets for the sub belts. I'm not using it personally ,but he's making them for guys that want to use the stock seats. He had eyelets for the lap belts tack welded on the prototype that I test fit for him but I had to remove them due as they didn't clear the trans tunnel or outside frame. I think he was going to make them more vertical on the production units.

masar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Petr
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Lightning Blue, 2017 AG Raptor
I like the roll bar a lot but i am on the fence because of additional weight. I can not find weight info about Watson, only info that shiping weight is aprox. 75 pounds. That seems to me a lot of weight. I doubt that packing will be so heavy so most part of the weight must be roll bar itself.... In comparison Cooltec says 42 pounds. But even the 42 pounds is additional weight increase in car like R, where you try to decrease weight down as much as possible. Any opinions?
Sponsored