Sponsored

Taillights with Sequential Amber and 3-bars Brake MOD!

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Don't know why I thought 'seq when braking' meant the red would sequence one time when stepping on the brakes, like the Raxiom harness thing?:shrug::doh:
You can have it this way, but it's an option you need to ask for :thumbsup:
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
So, the long awaited mod finally done! This is the real thing: US-style red tail lights with amber sequential turn signal. MAN, they look fantastic!

The ecu that does the magic is now hidden probably inside the lights, so one less thing to worry about. As with the previous version there are three wires coming out of the light:

-A red wire marked "12V", that was connected to pin 1 of the BCM-B module that is located on the right side of the trunk, as shown on the diagram below.
-A brown wire marked "Seq. Switch off" (I simply insulated it for the time being as I don’t want the stock function)
-A red wire that has a loop (I cut the loop as I want to have sequential function while braking)

Here is the installation diagram and the photo of the BCM-B for anyone interested:

picture.png

picture.jpg

Here is a photo of the car inside my garage. In reality they look so much better!

picture.jpg

This is a very simple video inside my garage, because it was raining like hell, I was alone and I could not record all the functions of my new tail lights (such as turn signal while the rear parking lights are on or while braking). I will try to post a complete video with all functions during the weekend and post it here.

[ame]

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
I've noticed this one thing now it's so dark out. Allmost every time drive my car now (sadly not every day, since I'm a carpenter, and I have a company van), when I'm at a stoplight and I push the brakepedal, the driver behind me looks to the left or right. Or as I've seen a few times, uses the visor. The output of these rearlights do mean business. They are hella bright. :eyebulge:
Any of U see the same behavior??:lol:

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Yes, happened to me all the time before I installed the red vinyl. Now the brake lights are a bit dimmed, but someone on the back still use the sunvisor :D

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Hellabright indeed, when I drive at night I light up the whole street when I brake :D

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Even without the sequential cops can see you brake when crossing them from a mile away due to the brightness and reflection they make on street objects and road signs etc. behind you... so when you cross cops while speeding I noticed it's better to keep speeding rather than breaking :D

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
..or you can brake with the parking brake - no lights with that :D

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Same here. But that’s the meaning of brake lights, right? :D

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
yeah, make followers blind :D

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
:lol:

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Even without the sequential cops can see you brake when crossing them from a mile away due to the brightness and reflection they make on street objects and road signs etc. behind you... so when you cross cops while speeding I noticed it's better to keep speeding rather than breaking :D
....or use the clutch for braking if Ur a manual guy:shrug:

On a serious note tho: My rears behave strangely sometimes. It started with just the right side that sometimes would not light up when I opened the car (no difference if manual or by keyfob). Sometimes both rears work, sometimes only one. When I installed a new steeringwheel I took the battery off, and after successful install, I put the battery on again. Later a dude told me that my stoplights wasn't working. 3rd brakelight worked fine. With another 'restart' of the battery they worked fine again. But sometimes they don't come on when I start the car. Sketchy driving without those brakelights. Wires ARE fine. Checked, double and tripplechecked. The other day they weren't on, another driver told me. Stopped/Started the car and light were on again. Does anyone have the same behavior? What can it be?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Do you have the same supplier like everyone else in this thread? If yes contact him, he offers lifetime warranty (warranty terms posted in the Mustang Europe group on Facebook).

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Do you have the same supplier like everyone else in this thread? If yes contact him, he offers lifetime warranty (warranty terms posted in the Mustang Europe group on Facebook).
Yup same as everyone else. I'll try to reach out to him. :)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Do it. He will get you covered.
Sponsored