Sponsored

SA Mustangs

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Whòooooo hoooo happy 2016. Got my mustang fix today. Thanks to the owners and adrien brien ford for the invite. Great to meet Brett Today also.....you are one lucky man. Here are a few pics
IMG_20160101_002019.jpg

IMG_20160101_002043.jpg

IMG_20160101_002107.jpg

IMG_20160101_002327.jpg

IMG_20160101_002500.jpg

IMG_20160101_002631.jpg

IMG_20160101_002524.jpg

IMG_20160101_002703.jpg

IMG_20160101_002817.jpg

IMG_20160101_003003.jpg
Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Great photos! Good to see these ponies going to their owners!

The way the no. plates have been done on the T Yellow look pretty neat front and rear.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
So hows it drive Brett.....the silence is killing me :headbonk: :)

Sponsored

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Racered
Great photos! Good to see these ponies going to their owners!

The way the no. plates have been done on the T Yellow look pretty neat front and rear.
I agree.I will be doing something very similar.Our slimline plates(nsw) are only 83 mm high on front.I wont be taking my plates off,so I wont need a bracket,and besides I dont think the 83mm plates can be used on most brackets.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^^ Same here too. I'm looking forward to see what Sinclair Ford do with their first couple of deliveries - which should be this week!

Jnr Spook

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT Manual
Initial Impressions

So hows it drive Brett.....the silence is killing me :headbonk: :)
***Breaking my silence now that I have paused from driving :) ***

I picked my car up NYE at 4pm and since then have put 620km on the clock. I've mixed up the driving with a combination of freeways, hills, urban and even a dirt road on the way up to the river new years day.

After waiting two years, even with all the headaches it has been worth it. The car is still in its stock form right now and goes into the shop tomorrow to start getting parts bolted on.

The exhaust note inside the car sounds really nice although outside the car I think it is too quiet. When you step on the go pedal it responds and has a good amount of get up, right through the power band in all gears; but I wouldn't say it slams you back into your seat. It's stable and sits flat through the corners with minimal roll even when the boot is in. You really have to push it to get any wheel hop or get the back end to step out (only been driving in Sport & Sport +) I'm sure in Track mode with traction control off may be a different story. Overall driving experience is it is FANTASTIC a good all rounder that some select modifications can only enhance the enjoyment.

Inside the car it does lack some refinement you make expect with a GT model in any brand but as far as driver comfort goes it is good. The seats are comfortable and wrap around nicely, I'm 6'1 and even in the seats lowest most position I am sitting pretty high. You can forget passengers in the back if they have legs, possibly someone short behind the passenger if they can put their seat forward a good amount. One thing that is annoying is the cup holders/handbrake not being switched over from the US version; if you have a manual they are useless for anything other than coins or keys, maybe one of the small cans you get on planes may be ok but 600ml is a no go and even 375ml is intrusive for gear changes.

It's the first time I've experienced Ford's SYNC 2 system and overall am very happy with it. It's easy to use and the home screen makes negotiation of the four main menus easy. Been playing around and changed the wallpaper which is super easy although if you use some of the ones created in North America with "Pilot" & "Co Pilot" in the climate section you need to reverse the orientation. Haven't gone through the navigation menu in depth yet but there were some instructions in feet and others in meters so not sure whats going on there. There are some other US audible references in the voice control with "cell phone" instead of mobile phone but also haven't investigated if it can be changed yet. Like most other new cars these days some controls on the touch screen including phone book navigation are deactivated while driving. Still plenty more to explore in this system!

On the exterior the panel alignment was pretty good. The dealer did find one paint defect in pre delivery which is a small bit of fuzz under the paint on the rear bumper next to the number plate. This will have to be fixed before any paint protection or graphics is applied. I've also found another one since taking delivery which is a small run on the edge of a panel where it meets another panel. I'm extremely happy with the colour and the finish of the rest of the car.

Overall I'm happy with everything and think it is a great car that everyone will enjoy when they take delivery. Can't wait to meet up with others in the coming months.
:cheers:

MustangScooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Manual, Lightning Blue
Hi guys, i dont Have a mustang yet and cant order one till i get back from my USA trip in May at the earliest but can say totally jealous of you guys who already have one and also who have one ordered. are people thinking of getting together for a meet/ cruise at all if so are non mustang owners allowed to attend lol

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
I agree.I will be doing something very similar.Our slimline plates(nsw) are only 83 mm high on front.I wont be taking my plates off,so I wont need a bracket,and besides I dont think the 83mm plates can be used on most brackets.
Talk to Philip from Lakin Custom Plate Brackets on 1300838454. He will make brackets to suit your plates which are CNC'd out of 3mm aluminium plate and then powder coated, either matt or gloss finish. He'll also supply Kinpin Prestige plate covers with the front cover formed to the v-shape of the Mustang front bumper bar. I and Wil reckon they are the only way to go.
If you can supply your factory plate brackets to Philip that would be brilliant. I will pay the freight to send them to Philip.
Would you please PM me to let me know what you would like to do or if you would like some more information.
Ian.

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^^ Hi Ian,

I've sent of an enquiry to Philip.

Does he manufacture the brackets so that they're fixed to the car using the 2 "dimples" on the bumper bar?

The fact he can supply covers formed to the V-shape would just about sell me on these!

Thanks,

Jim

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
^^^^ Hi Ian,

I've sent of an enquiry to Philip.

Does he manufacture the brackets so that they're fixed to the car using the 2 "dimples" on the bumper bar?

The fact he can supply covers formed to the V-shape would just about sell me on these!

Thanks,

Jim
Hi Jim,

That's right, he will use the factory dimples for the screws to go through.

He custom makes everything to order, although the Kingpin covers are bought in and customized by him to suit the vehicle.

Definitely highly recommended.

Cheers,
Wil

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Wil,

He's acknowledged my message so I'll just wait for his response but I'm pretty sure this is exactly what I'm after.

(We're probably way off topic in this thread though! LOL!)

MichaelMWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi Guys, Headed into Stillwell to check out my new Magnetic Mustang GT, first opportunity to see the colour on the 'Stang and it looked bluddy beautiful!! Pick it up Monday afternoon. Just allowing a bit of excitement to build after 21 months of waiting.:D

cheers,
Mike

spronston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Hi Guys, Headed into Stillwell to check out my new Magnetic Mustang GT, first opportunity to see the colour on the 'Stang and it looked bluddy beautiful!! Pick it up Monday afternoon. Just allowing a bit of excitement to build after 21 months of waiting.:D

cheers,
Mike
Congrats! I wandered down to Stillwell's last night and there was a Magnetic GT in the window - mostly hidden by a car cover. I presume that's yours.

Went back today and there is now a white GT with blue stripes there too (pics taken through the window as the dealership is closed on Sunday):

Sponsored