NewMustang's GT - The Ruby Red Wonder

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP / 2011 Focus EB Titanium
I just wanted to say that it's very nice of you that you are sharing so much back to the community. Some people would just take their new car and enjoy it for themselves, while you're trying so much to share info for the less fortunate of us. Big thumbs up!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
I just wanted to say that it's very nice of you that you are sharing so much back to the community. Some people would just take their new car and enjoy it for themselves, while you're trying so much to share info for the less fortunate of us. Big thumbs up!!!

Thank You!!!

I quite enjoy to help others with their questions etc. :thumbsup: Plus, we are all in the same boat here....

ZASKAR

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rotaryspain.club
Vehicle(s)
BMW E61 525d xDrive
Thanks for the pics!!!!

It's really BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Now I'm in doubt... Ruby Red... Magnetic... Ruby Red... the RX-8 and RX-7 are red, so continue with red or go with magnetic...

One question. I want the auto transmision, but not available in the dealer to test it.

My fun cars are manual but this one will be the car for everything (daily car, trips, fun, etc) so I want it AUTO. Everybody says "you are crazy!! Auto???? No!!!". Yes I want hehehe...

The question, could you tell me how it works? I know it won't be as fast as a dual clutch, but how fast is it?

Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks for sharing more pictures mate, can't wait to be able to do the same. I bet you can't stop smiling lol.

I have never seen a boot mat fit so well and a nice touch for it to go around the sub woofer in the boot. Nice of the dealer to fit the strut brace for you as well :)

So your pic of the dash showing your fuel economy of 14.5l / 100km works out for us in the UK as being 19.4mpg. What was your journey(s) like up to that point i.e. fast roads, town driving etc?

Nordic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joakim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Congrats and thanks for all the nice pictures and information, if you ever decide to take it for a ride "home", please let me know, maybe a small Mustang Malmö meet?
The Company www.bilmansson.com in Halmstad has sold 150 mustangs so far, a lot of them to SkĂĄne.

Take care!

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Thanks for the pics!!!!

Now I'm in doubt... Ruby Red... Magnetic... Ruby Red... the RX-8 and RX-7 are red, so continue with red or go with magnetic...

One question. I want the auto transmision, but not available in the dealer to test it.

My fun cars are manual but this one will be the car for everything (daily car, trips, fun, etc) so I want it AUTO. Everybody says "you are crazy!! Auto???? No!!!". Yes I want hehehe...

The question, could you tell me how it works? I know it won't be as fast as a dual clutch, but how fast is it?

The manual is a great unit, smooth shifts and short throws, but if I had to do it again, I'd buy the Auto, Test drove one and the shifts are plenty fast, Faster than any of us could pull with the manual. So I wouldn't call it a regret with the manual, it's fun to drive. but I do think the Auto is the superior unit in the Mustang.

ZASKAR

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rotaryspain.club
Vehicle(s)
BMW E61 525d xDrive
Thank you!

The GT I tested was manual and the shifting was great. Made some 80-200kph and it takes "no time" is fast this car!!! But as the auto is not a dual clutch I have doubts about it. Thats good news you tell about the auto ;)

The manual is a great unit, smooth shifts and short throws, but if I had to do it again, I'd buy the Auto, Test drove one and the shifts are plenty fast, Faster than any of us could pull with the manual. So I wouldn't call it a regret with the manual, it's fun to drive. but I do think the Auto is the superior unit in the Mustang.

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Some pics made....

Small warning to all of you with the rear seats, don't use them collapsed for a long time. I ruined both of them already, as the seat-belt slot's press into the sides (middle) of the backrest. On one the mold is already pressed in and on the other the seat-belt slot is pressed into the leather/vinyl already leaving marks. I will try to massage them back to reality but the first attempt didn't work.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Small warning to all of you with the rear seats, don't use them collapsed for a long time. I ruined both of them already, as the seat-belt slot's press into the sides (middle) of the backrest. On one the mold is already pressed in and on the other the seat-belt slot is pressed into the leather/vinyl already leaving marks. I will try to massage them back to reality but the first attempt didn't work.
Ah man that sucks, hope you get the marks out mate!!

In future just put a towel or something over the seat belt slots so they don't dig in and hopefully saves you and anyone else making marks.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU

In future just put a towel or something over the seat belt slots so they don't dig in and hopefully saves you and anyone else making marks.
Yes in the future I will, I really don't know this would happen. Also you can't push the slot's any deeper, this would prevent this.

OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the pics!!!!

Thanks. The Ruby Red is very special. Gets lots and lots of looks. Magnetic was my 3rd choice, DIB 2nd. All great colours, but, IMO the Magnetic makes the car look smaller than it really is and it is not a small car!

Well, it's a "normal" torque converter auto AFAIK, 6-speeder. Really smooth but very quick in gear changes. The changes are so quick and certainly up there witth the 8-speed ZF box I have in my Audi.

Paddles work all tthe time, up or down. The gearbox returns to normal D once you are finished "playing".

In "S" mode, the car becomes an animal....

I would say, go for an Auto! You will not regret it! :thumbsup:

Also, when going for the auto, one also gets Line Lock... :headbonk:

Thanks for sharing more pictures mate, can't wait to be able to do the same. I bet you can't stop smiling lol.

I have never seen a boot mat fit so well and a nice touch for it to go around the sub woofer in the boot. Nice of the dealer to fit the strut brace for you as well :)

So your pic of the dash showing your fuel economy of 14.5l / 100km works out for us in the UK as being 19.4mpg. What was your journey(s) like up to that point i.e. fast roads, town driving etc?
Thanks!

No, that smile of mine would all way round if I didn't have ears! :D

The 14.5l/100kms will be improved as the car keeps pushing it down, which is always good...:) Best so far on a 50km/30mls journey I just did was about 12.6l/100km.

My journey to work & back means town, country lanes and motorways (free speed section). Not pushed it very hard yet though....about 4000rpm.

OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
Noticed this today when I was finding out how to fold them....

Note to self: put towel in car!
Sponsored