Boomba Racing Short Throw Shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

butteroj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBPP
Installed this morning and loving it. Much more comfortable to drive now. The nut used to extract the stock shifter siezed during removal so you guys are getting a stock shifter back w/ your tool. Hope thats ok.

Sponsored

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
Last 6 out of 7 posts over the last two months are from Boomba. Time for a sale to get some new user feedback in here! Keep me posted!

revtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Got one coming. My V6 doesn't really need an MGW. If I had a GT it would be different.
This shift lever and bushing along with the BG II should be all I need.
Been real happy with the MT82 so far. This should ice the cake.

revtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I ordered the combo and installed the short stick a day or so ago. I am going to do one thing at a time to see if I can quantify each upgrade on its own merits. I will do the bushing next and then the BG II fluid.
I need some more seat time with it but this short stick is working out great so far. I wanted the ball in a more ergonomic position and this stick did just that. I can now rest my arm on the console with my hand resting on the shifter ball. I know your not supposed to do that but I can rest the weight of my hand/arm on the console now not the shifter ball. Just feels natural.
This stick also gave me the positive engagement I was looking for. Its now more of a snick, snick, snick instead of just floating into gear if that makes sense.
Install was pretty straight forward. I installed a genuine leather shift boot at the same time since I had it off. Had to go back and watch the install vid a couple of times along the way but that is what instructions are for. The boot gave me the most hell but that had nothing to do with the Boomba parts. Took me about 2 hrs and I was not hurrying at all.
The one downside (if you could call it that) was the shifter ball. I ordered the weighted boomba ball as well. The instructions say to heat the ball and then it will turn to line up. Well no matter how I clocked the ball to start the threads it bottomed out with more than a half turn to go to get lined up. At the bottom of the threads I just did not see how heat was going to get me there. I did not want to ruin the ball or get myself so pissed that I would want to go on a 3 state killing spree so blue loctite got the results I was looking for without any drama. Note to Boomba if you can somehow clock the threads in the ball so it bottoms with about a 1/4 turn to go then I could see the heat deal working (this is how it looked in the video by the way)
Overall I am very happy with the results. If this was a dedicated track car or a serious weekend racer I would go a full MGW route. This is a nice daily driver upgrade if you like shorter sticks.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Status
Not open for further replies.