Sponsored

UK Insurance for the Mustang

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
£715 for me, 40 yr old, 11 year ncd, had licence since 18. 12000 mile inc business
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
£550, 46 yr old, 7 years protected ncd, licence since 18, 6000 miles a year commuting, NE Scotland, garaged overnight.

I added the components of the custom pack + stripes however this is still for the EcoBoost and I'm not ordering that...I don't think...

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
£960, 52 yr old, 17 years NCB, car licence since 20, 4000 miles a year, business use, work in telly (Always bad for insurance).

Parked in outside car park, London.

Business use barely upped the quote but I've ordered the V8 so god knows how much that'll be.

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
This is a very sobering thread!

I got £750 (40yr, 10yr+ NCB, parked on drive), but with a 'conservative' mileage and not adding an SP30 endorsement. Not quite pulled my head out of sand fully. Seems that post code is a big factor.

Holf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Euro-spec Ecoboost Convertible
£560 for me (41, 12yr NCB, (and protecting it), parked on drive, £50 voluntary excess (+ the £300 compulsory!), 10k miles a year, incl commuting.

That's without stating it'll be a vert - no option for that either....

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Is everyone using Admiral for their comparison or are there other companies showing the EB now? I've never found them particularly competitive when I've been getting quotes in the past.

Holf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Euro-spec Ecoboost Convertible
I was using admiral - haven't seen the 'tang available anywhere else....

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Good point, it's just that Admiral appear to be the only company with the new Mustang on it's database, and only the 2.3 to boot.

I just had a renewal price from them for my BMW. £350 it was so I rang them and they dropped it to £280 straight away. Still I found the same cover elsewhere for £167.

Hell of a saving so I hope that someone will give sensible quotes for the Mustang when the time comes.

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
They are on my current insurer (Bell Direct), this appears now to be part of the Admiral group, but the quote, seemingly for the same policy, is about £50 cheaper!

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Are we sure any of the insurance companies have the RHD car in their system yet? The ones I've looked at either only have old models or lump all 5 litre Mustangs from 64 (!) to 2015 in one pot. There have been 2.3 and 5 litre models before. There's always Ford insurance.

Panel replacement should be cheap though, as apparently you don't have to line them up.

Sponsored

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Are we sure any of the insurance companies have the RHD car in their system yet? The ones I've looked at either only have old models or lump all 5 litre Mustangs from 64 (!) to 2015 in one pot. There have been 2.3 and 5 litre models before. There's always Ford insurance.

Panel replacement should be cheap though, as apparently you don't have to line them up.
Haha :D

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang
Hey just joined the forum today and am currently awaiting my order of a 2.3 eco boost. Been told it will be in the 2016 orders as I only ordered last week.

Insurance wise I was told to base it on a 2.7 Porsche boxter and I just ran a check on admiral and got a quote for £650. Previous quotes were around £550+ so all in all I'm happy at those prices.

Now the damn waiting game to see what actual spec we will get.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Hey just joined the forum today and am currently awaiting my order of a 2.3 eco boost. Been told it will be in the 2016 orders as I only ordered last week.

Insurance wise I was told to base it on a 2.7 Porsche boxter and I just ran a check on admiral and got a quote for £650. Previous quotes were around £550+ so all in all I'm happy at those prices.

Now the damn waiting game to see what actual spec we will get.

Welcome :)

Your insurance quote seems to be towards the bottom end albeit we don't really know how it'll pan out in the end.

Check out some of the other threads. A lot of good info from some of the other more informed posters on specification, etc

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Welcome :)

Your insurance quote seems to be towards the bottom end albeit we don't really know how it'll pan out in the end.

Check out some of the other threads. A lot of good info from some of the other more informed posters on specification, etc
Hello, I hope you enjoy the forum, I cetainly do.

But please can everyone stop taking about insurance. I am trying my best not to think about taxing, insuring and fueling this car and you guys keep reminding me!!

Seriously through. I really have taken a different approach to this car. I have always considered running costs and everything with may cars but with this one, I have an 'its costs what it costs' attitude. heck, I have never even considered putting a deposit down a on a car before that I didnt know when it was coming, let alone not know how much it would cost!

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang
Hello, I hope you enjoy the forum, I cetainly do.

But please can everyone stop taking about insurance. I am trying my best not to think about taxing, insuring and fueling this car and you guys keep reminding me!!

Seriously through. I really have taken a different approach to this car. I have always considered running costs and everything with may cars but with this one, I have an 'its costs what it costs' attitude. heck, I have never even considered putting a deposit down a on a car before that I didnt know when it was coming, let alone not know how much it would cost!
Yeah I know what you mean. The waiting and not knowing is killing me but it will be worth it.
Sponsored