antijam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cabriolet
Had my 2016 'Stang 'Krowned' today.

Checking the underside of the car I could find no coherent paint coverage of the bodywork, let alone any logical application of any form of rust preventative, which led me to conclude that there is probably equally random or non-existent treatment of closed body cavities. Accordingly I decided to have the car professionally rust proofed.

A web search of providers revealed all the usual suspects but I was particularly struck by the number of positive Facebook reviews for the Krown Process. Krown are a canadian company and well established there and in the USA. Figuring that the Canadians probably know a lot more about the effects of severe winter road travel than us and further influenced by the ÂŁ252 cost for a full body cavity and undersurface treatment, I decided to give Krown a go.

Boy, do they earn their money! A two man operation with firstly a full explanation By Edgar of what they were going to do and how they'd do it, followed by Rob (in full protective gear) stripping off all the trim and cover panels to expose the surfaces and any apertures needed to inject all the body cavities. Starting at the boot...

36633676445_77a486d6dd_b.jpg

...Rob removed the light units as well as all the interior trim panels (including the sub-woofer) before injecting the treatment fluid using a variety of appropriately shaped lances...

35799164904_aafc2cc42d_b.jpg

The process is repeated over the full length of the car with all undertrays removed....

35824802333_4469054a9b_b.jpg

to access every cavity..

36237429760_9de65d86ec_b.jpg

All wheels and wheel arch liners were removed ...

36237433950_2d4e7a7cf6_b.jpg

... to treat hidden surfaces...

36496457341_6a9fbc4196_b.jpg

The door interiors, the bonnet, the engine bay and all exposed undersurfaces and seams are treated, the whole process taking 3½ hours of nonstop work by Rob. At £252 that strikes me as a serious bargain.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating so we'll see what the underside looks like in a years time, but at least I'm confident that every surface that could rust has been sought out and treated.

Unlike many outfits, Rob and Edgar are only too happy for you to watch the whole process, take photos (which as you can see, I did) and answer any questions as they go along - and they're very hospitable with the coffee...:)

Usual disclaimers - I have no connection with Krown other than as a very pleased, and very impressed, customer.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
They look like they've done a better/more intrusive job than ford did on mine :D! Nice work, bet you're chuffed.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
[MENTION=27547]antijam[/MENTION] as you say, that's an absolute bargain. Almost a no brainer really...thanks for the post, I may well be giving them a call!

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
fuck me dudley why is there nobody with any kind of auto skill set within 200 miles of me :( its terrible around here then people wonder why I do all my own work...

antijam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cabriolet
They look like they've done a better/more intrusive job than ford did on mine :D! Nice work, bet you're chuffed.
Yes indeed - so far so good. Only real downside seems to be that you need to be careful where you park for the next few days after the treatment - the car will drip, mainly along the length of the sills. Best to park in someone else's drive maybe....?

It is relatively easy to clean up though, unlike Waxoyl which seems considerably better at proofing drives than cars!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Right guys, flame away, I've zipped up my fire retardant suite. :D

I hate the rear calipers, look aweful full stop, painting them just draws attention to the ugly feckers, painting them poorly makes it even worse.

So I did the next worse thing, COVERS. :D

Shall get them on this weekend if dry, shall also rip of the shit Mtec rears and put stock disc back on back see how the brakes fair, if it cures most the judder/grumble when hot, one can assume rear disc still have issues.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My god you traded having Siphilus for having the clap... brave man.

(Had to do that as your fire suit is on lol!)

To be honest, they'll probably look better than the stock rears... Shame they don't make covers that look and have the curves of big brake kits.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My god you traded having Siphilus for having the clap... brave man.

(Had to do that as your fire suit is on lol!)

To be honest, they'll probably look better than the stock rears... Shame they don't make covers that look and have the curves of big brake kits.
I think they do, the plan with these was not to pretend to be something they are not, but to simply make things look nicer.

You can get big Brembo style covers, but that is kind of sad, I just wanted factory looking stuff that was not pretending to be anything it should not be.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I think they do, the plan with these was not to pretend to be something they are not, but to simply make things look nicer.

You can get big Brembo style covers, but that is kind of sad, I just wanted factory looking stuff that was not pretending to be anything it should not be.
Ah never seen them, just the ugly looking front ones lol. Brembo style ones would at least look a wee bit better. But as yours are just the rears, think i can let you slide and not report it to the style police :lol::lol::lol:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Right guys, flame away, I've zipped up my fire retardant suite. :D

I hate the rear calipers, look aweful full stop, painting them just draws attention to the ugly feckers, painting them poorly makes it even worse.

So I did the next worse thing, COVERS. :D

Shall get them on this weekend if dry, shall also rip of the shit Mtec rears and put stock disc back on back see how the brakes fair, if it cures most the judder/grumble when hot, one can assume rear disc still have issues.
The covers aren't great but neither are the rear brakes so I don't see the problem...

Do you actually get them that colour?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The covers aren't great but neither are the rear brakes so I don't see the problem...

Do you actually get them that colour?
Yes I requested MGP paint them, done a cracking job, did cost $60 extra but would rather they just do it and I wanted the Ford decals to keep it looking factory(ish) and not trying to pretend to be some big Brembos.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
:lol::lol::lol::lol: [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION]

I'm gonna get a wee junkie Ned to nick them on Thursday :lol:

Last edited:

Gibbo205