Sponsored

GT350 wrap

949Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Orange GT350
We have been getting our street and race cars wrapped by Philip Chan and the crew at Aerowerkz in Walnut, CA for a long time. They do a lot of high end exotics but are willing to do our more proletarian Mustangs and Miatas. Philip drives a Miata too.

In any case I thought it might interest some to share progress. Orange is our company color. Wrapped a few cars in this same Avery SW900 Gloss Orange. We're adding a wide metallic gray stripe down the center. Car is black so that's the unwrapped bit you see, not a two tone scheme.

These guys tear apart a lot of new cars and even they said removing the bumpers was "a bitch". When a shop like this says it's tough, you know its bad. We're taking advantage of having the bumpers off to install the FP tow hooks. I'll post pics when it's done.

And yeah, that's really close to the Ford factory orange, which was an option in 15,16 and again in 18. Mine is a 17 :frusty:
Sponsored

cozmo2312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT (current) 2017 Ruby Red GT350 (past)
Can't wait to see the finished product. What's that pile of plastic, trash?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Those are all of the components that must be removed from the nose in order to wrap without seeing the original color.

OP
OP
949Racing

949Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Orange GT350
No trash, just stuff set aside that has to go back on. Included the pic to illustrate how much stuff has to come off to do a pro level wrap job. Not for the squeamish.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Ps removing the bumpers themselves isn't that bad, imo... it's that pile of parts.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ok, I'll bite.... why not just get an orange car in the years that orange was available. I can't imagine how much all that work costs. That s coming from a guy who just spent 5500 to xpel the whole car

OP
OP
949Racing

949Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Orange GT350
Used in CA and neighboring states was the pretty much same price as new, so I wanted new. Didn't want to wait for an 18., knowing that the first few months of availability would be impossible to get a deal on one. As it was, I paid 5k over MSRP in CA because it's relatively late in the model year. May seem like a lot of markup in other states but that's a "deal" in CA. Two friends, after taking a ride in mine flew to OK to buy theirs for 1k under and drive back.

So short version, I was impatient. Also nice that vinyl protects the OE paint.

OP
OP
949Racing

949Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Orange GT350
Someone just PM'd us asking about the cost of the wrap. Sorry we disable PM's on all forums. Email us directly or post here if you have any questions. Although if you have questions about the cost of the wrap you should to contact aerowerkz.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Its all good, I was just curious.

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
.................................................................................Also nice that vinyl protects the OE paint.
Remarkable... Lots and lots of prep work.
Recently, I took a ride from the Naval Base in Coronado to visit their facility. Very, very impressive..... work of art, performed by very skilled individuals.

Just out of curiosity, did you decide to add the Nano Fusion clear bra on top of the wrap?

Sponsored
OP
OP
949Racing

949Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Orange GT350
I skipped the clear over the wrap. Clear over the lenses. Thermal stuff on the inside of the windshield, Windshield armor on the outside. Light tint on the side and rear windows. The vinyl is self healing and quite dirable as is. We have done race cars in it and it holds up really well.

Reactions: H6G

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I skipped the clear over the wrap. Clear over the lenses. Thermal stuff on the inside of the windshield, Windshield armor on the outside. Light tint on the side and rear windows. The vinyl is self healing and quite dirable as is. We have done race cars in it and it holds up really well.
What was the approximate turnaround time .... including windshield (inside & out)?

OP
OP
949Racing

949Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Orange GT350
Haven't gotten it back yet. The car will be there over the weekend and we asked them to leave the bumpers off an extra day so we can install the tow hooks.

Of course any job varies depending on who wraps your car, how complex the job is and how busy they are. Best bet is to contact your vinyl pro and get an ETA before you make an appointment to drop the car off.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
So a stupid question..... Will the vinyl wrap be soft and scratch (swirl type marks), or is it resistant to scratching?

Will you cquartz the final product or just use a sealer?
Sponsored