5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
Hi All,
Anyone got suggestions on the best place in Oz to source a US lower front grill? I've seen them on a few cars and very keen to do the same.
Cheers
Richard
Sponsored

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine from [MENTION=19801]2-STANG[/MENTION] for a good price. There are usually some on eBay too.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM

ICON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic 6MT GT Fastback
Is it difficult to install? Does anything need to be cut or modified to make it fit?

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Bought mine through Kevin as well, was a absolute pleasure to deal with.
The Install is reasonably straight forward Paul. Just need to jack car up remove wheels remove radiator cover, remove undertray, remove bumper swap the lower grill out which is held in by clips. You will need some cable ties if I remember correctly due to a couple of differences between the two. That's it in a nutshell though.

Sponsored

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
The hard part is getting the bumper off - I did it without taking the wheels off or jacking the car up. Then it's a matter of prying the old one out and clicking the new one in. Ours has a pedestrian impact sensor cable that the US don't, and so the US one doesn't have the mounting points for it. I just stuck the cable back with duct tape. Remember to re-connect the sensors or the airbag light will come on (I learnt that the hard way)!

ICON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic 6MT GT Fastback
Sounds too much of a pain in the a$$ for me to do... anyone in Sydney want a case of beer in exchange for installing it for me? :D

Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The hard part is getting the bumper off - I did it without taking the wheels off or jacking the car up. Then it's a matter of prying the old one out and clicking the new one in. Ours has a pedestrian impact sensor cable that the US don't, and so the US one doesn't have the mounting points for it. I just stuck the cable back with duct tape. Remember to re-connect the sensors or the airbag light will come on (I learnt that the hard way)!
I have a US lower grille on the way, where exactly is this sensor located? Is it in an obvious spot when you start removing the bumper?

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
I have a US lower grille on the way, where exactly is this sensor located? Is it in an obvious spot when you start removing the bumper?
Yeah it's really obvious. It's a black cable that runs across the top of the old grill and clips into it. It has a connector on the driver's side (the one I didn't click back in properly). The EU grill has little holes to connect the cable but the US one doesn't, hence the need for tape or something to stick it back down.

Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yeah it's really obvious. It's a black cable that runs across the top of the old grill and clips into it. It has a connector on the driver's side (the one I didn't click back in properly). The EU grill has little holes to connect the cable but the US one doesn't, hence the need for tape or something to stick it back down.
Ok cool, is there much slack in the cable or do you need to disconnect it before removing the front?

Sponsored

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Ok cool, is there much slack in the cable or do you need to disconnect it before removing the front?
There's not a lot of slack, but enough that you can lift off the bumper and pull it forward enough to easily reach the connector and undo it.

Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
There's not a lot of slack, but enough that you can lift off the bumper and pull it forward enough to easily reach the connector and undo it.
That's what I was after, thanks for all the info :cheers:

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT
Sounds too much of a pain in the a$$ for me to do... anyone in Sydney want a case of beer in exchange for installing it for me? :D
I did mine a bit over a month ago. As long as you have the tools (basic ratchet set, jack stands & screw drivers basically) it shouldn't take more than about 2 hours.

I disagree with the comment that getting the bumper off is the hardest; it's actually pretty straight forward and simple. I found the hardest part taking the old grille out as the clamps are a bitch.

Just google "2015 mustang grille install" to find a large supply of DIY videos :)

I would suggest looking on eBay as they often come up. I got mine for about $120 AU landed.

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
right tool for the job

When I did mine I brought the P&N right angle drive attachment,
made the task of getting to the screw behind the front guard a breeze to remove.
P&N.jpg

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
When I did mine I brought the P&N right angle drive attachment,
made the task of getting to the screw behind the front guard a breeze to remove.
Yeah that was a particularly unpleasant part of the experience
Sponsored