nixopaxo

#Team Roush
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVIE
Vehicle(s)
17gt
Well i stuck on 2 new mpss on my rear today and drove approx 200 miles in torrential rain on the m74 ! I can honestly say for the 1st time ive had the car i actually had faith in the rear end being planted . What a transformation . The guy at ford that took the managerial decision to fit pirelli's as standard to uk cars should be taken out the back and beaten black and blue !

:hail: michelin
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well i stuck on 2 new mpss on my rear today and drove approx 200 miles in torrential rain on the m74 ! I can honestly say for the 1st time ive had the car i actually had faith in the rear end being planted . What a transformation . The guy at ford that took the managerial decision to fit pirelli's as standard to uk cars should be taken out the back and beaten black and blue !

I was very much the same when I had to swap mine... I'd read all the posts about "oh yeah they're amazing, pzeros suck" and at the time thought "yeah right, this is probably just standard for a high torque RWD car to be a bit slippy" low and behold fitted MPSS and ran a few 'bum tests' on them, fuck me best decision i'd made in a while:lol:

KevD

0-60 Instructor Team DS.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
balls

I couldn't stop going on about PS3's when i fitted them. great off road too.

Judspony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red RRsport and a Ligtning GT Conv

I couldn't agree more, the MPSS transform the car, it has been the best upgrade I've done.

OP
OP
CaptainSensible

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
Also the Pzero that came on our cars in 2015, may not be the same as the Pzero now shipping on Mustang, as Pirelli updated the Pzero at which point it became a much closer competitor to other brands, particular in wet. However if the stock Mustang tyre is the new updated revision I have absolutely no idea, but if your buying Pzero tyres of the shelf, make sure they were built in 2016 and they should be the new improved Pzero. :)
This is an interesting point, on my new Mustang the Pzeros feel way better in the wet than they did on my original car. I couldn't beleive how slidey the tail end was in the wet, it was almost a joke, but on my new car the rear end feels really planted on wet roads, and in snow/wet mode there's no movement at all uless you're trying to provoke it.

Was particulalry interested to read this:
http://www.tyrepress.com/2017/07/from-great-to-woeful-evo-tests-9-performance-tyres/
"The swiftest tyre around both the wet and dry circuits was the Pirelli P Zero PZ4; its solid performance, including best in dry braking, was let down a little by a poor result in the curved aquaplaning test, yet it scored sufficient points to end the day as runner-up."

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Was particulalry interested to read this:
http://www.tyrepress.com/2017/07/from-great-to-woeful-evo-tests-9-performance-tyres/
"The swiftest tyre around both the wet and dry circuits was the Pirelli P Zero PZ4; its solid performance, including best in dry braking, was let down a little by a poor result in the curved aquaplaning test, yet it scored sufficient points to end the day as runner-up."
I wouldn't read too much into that, Mk7 Golf, not exactly the fire breathing, rear wheel drive Mustang. 18" wheels as well, all sorts of different parameters. A bit apples and pears there.

Most tyre comparisons are done on fwd, but if you're happy with what you've got :thumbsup:

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Nixo, ya big ginger ye, tell them............

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Also they don't mention the temperature which would have a huge bearing on tyre performance, but would assume that Hannover in Germany would tend to be warmer than the UK; especially Scotland.

nixopaxo

#Team Roush
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVIE
Vehicle(s)
17gt
Also they don't mention the temperature which would have a huge bearing on tyre performance, but would assume that Hannover in Germany would tend to be warmer than the UK; especially Scotland.
Talking about germans :

I was on way to pick up kids from school today in outside lane at roundabout ,when a volkswagen campervan with a german plate comes flying down the middle lane , forces me to swerve and my back wheel hits the curb as im turning and the car actually moves direction a bit with the impact ! Horn blowing and shouting and the wee old german fella corrects his course and continues on whilst im stuck behind some wee old woman doing 40 .

Anyways i get to school and expect to see my alloy scuffed to buggery but am amazed to see not a mark, the new tyre must have took the brunt . (it has a lip that sticks out ) Cleaned it with a rag and not a mark on the tyre either !!!!

Not only does it grip but it also protects your wheels :first: