Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
Hi Fred ,when are u expecting to have the Injen CAI in stock ? Very keen
Expected delivery for the Injen CAI will be mid to late September. Any questions please call me on 03 9553 6915 or email [email protected]

Cheers Fred

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
I have an ecoboost vert and looking for opinions on getting a new exhaust.

At the moment I'm looking at a cat back as I suspect if I get an axle back I'd want to replace it at some point, but I also get way more choice in axle backs.

For cat backs I'm looking at either the varex setup or the magnaflow competition, both work on the vert. Borlas which are popular don't support the vert in a cat back.

I'll get it supplied and fitted in Melbourne if that changes anything.

Sponsored

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
I have an ecoboost vert and looking for opinions on getting a new exhaust.

At the moment I'm looking at a cat back as I suspect if I get an axle back I'd want to replace it at some point, but I also get way more choice in axle backs.

For cat backs I'm looking at either the varex setup or the magnaflow competition, both work on the vert. Borlas which are popular don't support the vert in a cat back.

I'll get it supplied and fitted in Melbourne if that changes anything.
Hi Hellman we are the largest Borla Exhaust distributor in Australia and will be shipping out a new shipment of Borla which will include Axle Backs and Cat Backs for the EcoBoost in both the ATAK and S Type. We also have the latest range of US made Injen cold air intakes. Call me on 03 9553 6915 or email [email protected]

BKStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Mustang, Auto, Magneride, Recaro's
Had Hurricane Headers fitted, matched up to a Borla S Type cat back system just before Xmas. I loved the sound of the Borla , unfortunately it is now way too loud with the headers and hi flow cats.

Been looking at various options to quiet it down a bit, one of the options I'm considering is installing a complete hurricane system and removing the S Type. If anyone is interested in buying a Borla S Type cat back with black tips, approx. 14 months old, half price, send me a PM, it may help me make up my mind.:thumbsup:

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
^^^ you could try a Borla Touring centre resonator. Enoch (UK Section) went this way after fitting headers. He had to have an adapter made up to connect the 2.5” resonator to the 3” cat back.

BKStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Mustang, Auto, Magneride, Recaro's
The problem with the touring resonator is that it is only 2.25", so puts a bottleneck in the middle of the exhaust, I currently have 2.5" from the headers. Borla did confirm the size of the touring as 2.25".:doh:, otherwise I would have gone this way.

^^^ you could try a Borla Touring centre resonator. Enoch (UK Section) went this way after fitting headers. He had to have an adapter made up to connect the 2.5” resonator to the 3” cat back.

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
The problem with the touring resonator is that it is only 2.25", so puts a bottleneck in the middle of the exhaust, I currently have 2.5" from the headers. Borla did confirm the size of the touring as 2.25".:doh:, otherwise I would have gone this way.
Understand the sound issue as we have the American Racing Headers Fitted with the 2.5" Borla 'S' Type on our GT. It should only be marginally louder at around 3/4 plus throttle as it is on ours however different header and cat brands will often create a different resonance through the system. The sound can be reduced quite a lot with the Borla Front Resonator if you have the 2.5" system with no loss in flow. The resonator is still a 2.5" dia but necks down only at the end as per the X Pipe for fit up to the factory outlet. Do you have pics of the header to X Pipe connection that was done. Posted pics below of the Borla Resonator internal chambers. It will just go in place of the Borla X Pipe. Same diameters each end as the 2.5" 'S' Type X Pipe. All of this is based on a 2.5" System. Give me a call if you need some info. 03 9553 6915
SMALL RESONATOR PIC 1.jpg
SMALL RESONATOR PIC 2.jpg
SMALL RESONATOR PIC 3.jpg
SMALL RESONATOR PIC 4.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Personally I wouldn’t worry at the 2.25” dia at the resonator.:) compared to the stock resonator the Borla is straight through, it’s very free flowing and does a great job at getting the noise to sensible levels...:)

I’ve just modified mine by removing some of the perforated pipe and replacing it with solid tube.....Once we cut the box open it was interesting to see that it’s a full H pipe inside:)

Just for interest, we have a U.K. owner with a whipple stage 2, Kooks headers and Borla cat back, he’s recently fitted the resonator to get the noise down and absolutely loves the new sound.....he’s knocking on the door of 800BHP, and knowing the owner as I do, if the resonator had reduced his cars performance he’d remove it..:D

ima85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
Hi all new to the forums, just wondering if anyone has actually installed a corsa extreme and what do they think of it, and if they have had any problems with it

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Hi all new to the forums, just wondering if anyone has actually installed a corsa extreme and what do they think of it, and if they have had any problems with it
Corsa I did - was very good but a bit loud for my neighbours.:) Back to standard exhaust for the moment as I am going on long trips and want some quiet touring. So dont get rid of the old one.
Sponsored