Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Freman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eco boost 21-10-16
Can you hear that whilst driving or only on playback?

That would do my head in.
Yep, I initially thought it was coming from within the centre console.

From what I've read it's the buttons that rattling & is common. I bought it via U.K. During one of the 5% off deals mentioned earlier in this thread. I'll brace myself for thinkware australia washing their hands of it.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
From what I've read it's the buttons that rattling & is common. I bought it via U.K. During one of the 5% off deals mentioned earlier in this thread. I'll brace myself for thinkware australia washing their hands of it.
I also have a U.K. Thinkware and the accompanying rattling buttons, but mine only rattles noticeably when going over decent joins in the road/cats eyes etc. (bearing in mind that I generally only drive on well sealed suburban roads). @IngoStang has this issue on his locally sourced F770. I believe that some have had some success using pieces of tape to secure the buttons.

Apparently, the design has been updated and this no longer occurs. I also suspect that you won't get much co-operation from Thinkware Australia.

Triple Points for the Culture Club soundtrack in your video - only just noticed it.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

[ame]

Sponsored

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Yep, I initially thought it was coming from within the centre console.

yeah mine is shocking, too. I been going around in circles with my dealer for months. Initially he said he would speak to the supplier and get it replaced, next time I spoke to him, he said they were waiting on replacement buttons and he would install new ones for me.

The little cover / flap on the left side that hides the ports is also a big rattle point for me. I put a tiny piece of blu tak under it to help but the buttons are as bad as ever, so much so I've considered changing brands

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT
DCOA %^&# #@&^$* July compilation:
6:48 - gotta be a meth-head!

9:26 - typical commodore driver. It seems that a lot of the more avoidable incidents feature a Commodore :p

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Had my 770 replaced today with a new unit. Seems much less noisy and rattley, now.

jeekishy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kish
Vehicle(s)
S550 on order
Could anyone please help me with what correct fuses to use with the wire taps(top fuse for new circuit) for power magic pro to setup a Blackvue Dashcam. :headbonk::crazy:

I will be tapping into fuse location 2 for Battery Power and 36 for ACC.
Could anyone please advise me what fuse to use in the fuse taps top locations for the new circuit for battery and acc?

Thanks in advnace :hail:

35447007554_8a54dd471f_b.jpg

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, G6ET, 2016 Mustang
I am running a thinkware so not sure if this info is relevant but I have been using fuses 2 and 23 for the last 12 months without any problems

Sponsored

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
Quick question - does anyone know of a dashcam that is front and rear facing in the one unit - suitable for the vert? Dual camera on the one item is what I am searching for. Thanks in advance . . .

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
i also have a questions with the f770. is the mic turned on by default ?? i only watched videos over the phone and never on a pc yet.

does it mean that we need to click the mic button each time we want to record audio ?

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question - does anyone know of a dashcam that is front and rear facing in the one unit - suitable for the vert? Dual camera on the one item is what I am searching for. Thanks in advance . . .
I looked and found nothing, You can get a standard dual system and mount the rear camera on the front windscreen if you wanted, but they generally suck with the top up and you need to hide a long cable. the other option is a "taxi" cam but they are more fisheye to see whats happening inside a car for the drivers safety.

I went with a single camera system on my 'vert in the end, as all I need to do for being hit from behind is prove I wasn't doing anything stupid. So if my front camera doesn't show me changing lanes, they cant say I merged into them. If my front camera shows I slowed down or stopped for any reason (Not just smash the breaks in the middle of an empty freeway for fun) then they didnt leave breaking room.

The only bit I miss from that is when parked, if someone hits me from behind I have no footage, however I reverse into parks which is easier and Im more likely to be hit from the front.

PS: when you get one, you need to remove the sun visor to get the cable through the A Frame plastic section if you are hard wiring, it holds it all down too tight to run it nearly.

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
I looked and found nothing, You can get a standard dual system and mount the rear camera on the front windscreen if you wanted, but they generally suck with the top up and you need to hide a long cable. the other option is a "taxi" cam but they are more fisheye to see whats happening inside a car for the drivers safety.

I went with a single camera system on my 'vert in the end, as all I need to do for being hit from behind is prove I wasn't doing anything stupid. So if my front camera doesn't show me changing lanes, they cant say I merged into them. If my front camera shows I slowed down or stopped for any reason (Not just smash the breaks in the middle of an empty freeway for fun) then they didnt leave breaking room.

The only bit I miss from that is when parked, if someone hits me from behind I have no footage, however I reverse into parks which is easier and Im more likely to be hit from the front.

PS: when you get one, you need to remove the sun visor to get the cable through the A Frame plastic section if you are hard wiring, it holds it all down too tight to run it nearly.
Thanks for the reply. I do have a cheapie I installed myself and just managed to push the cabling into the edge of the A Frame and then tracked it down securing with double sided velcro and it looks pretty discreet. Good point about proving you were just driving if involved in a rear ender - I didn't consider that. Probably don't really need rear footage in that case. :cheers:

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
i also have a questions with the f770. is the mic turned on by default ?? i only watched videos over the phone and never on a pc yet.

does it mean that we need to click the mic button each time we want to record audio ?
It's on by default as far as I can tell. I've never pressed the mic button and always have audio on videos I've reviewed.
Sponsored