Sponsored

clutch master cylinder/throwout bearing

Bigbad5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red PP GT
Getting slight hiss from the clutch with 1st gear is engaged and you are letting off the clutch towards the engagement point. Took it to the dealer and the mechanic heard it also. They will be taking the transmission out unfortunately . I don't know if it's the clutch master or throwout rod but that's just what I'm assuming.
Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I hear that hiss too (sounds like friction). I thought it was normal? This is my first manual transmission so I dont know what is normal or not.

OP
OP

Bigbad5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red PP GT
I'm taking it in to see what's up. Won't have it for atleast a week. Some people have gotten new gears syncos all that. I bought car with 10k miles so who knows how the drive drove it previously so they might as well replace most of the mt82 trans

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
What do you mean? Did you take it in already or not? on your first post you said they will take out your transmission and then you said you will be taking it in to see whats up.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bigbad5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red PP GT
I took it in and now I'm waiting on a loaner car because it might take a week to 3 weeks.

Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
So the hissing isnt normal? I really dont want to take my brand new car to the dealership if its not necessary.
Anyone else have any input on this?

OP
OP

Bigbad5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red PP GT
Here is the link to what it sounds like on my car

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
damn never heard that on any manual i ever had.. and ive had over 10 lol .. odd noise keep us informed on what they say im curious

toplessfun

Photographer / IS Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.yankiyuksel.com
First Name
Yanki
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
I'm hearing the same thing on my car. I'm actually beyond pissed. My issue is a bit different in that my stock clutch died at 20,000 km. The dealer found it to be faulty and a warranty replacement was scheduled.

I had them install the Mcleod RXT for me in place of the stock replacement.

Everything seemed ok until now... I'm getting that same hiss.

I called the dealer to ask if they just replaced the clutch and flywheel or if they also replaced the throwout bearing. It turns out they only replaced the clutch and flywheel.

I'm not sure if my throwout bearing was my initial reason for the clutch failure, but having the original bearing on the new clutch was not a good idea. I'm pretty sure of that.

So, I have ordered the Exedy Throwout bearing and stainless steel clutch line. My local mechanic is going to take it apart to install the new throwout bearing, at that point, we will also inspect to ensure that the RXT and flywheel are still undamaged. Here is to hoping that it will just be the throwout bearing.

Oh and I've been driving stick for 20 years... I think I have it down packed by now. :) This is the first car I have ever had clutch problems.

OP
OP

Bigbad5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red PP GT
I'm hearing the same thing on my car. I'm actually beyond pissed. My issue is a bit different in that my stock clutch died at 20,000 km. The dealer found it to be faulty and a warranty replacement was scheduled.

I had them install the Mcleod RXT for me in place of the stock replacement.

Everything seemed ok until now... I'm getting that same hiss.

I called the dealer to ask if they just replaced the clutch and flywheel or if they also replaced the throwout bearing. It turns out they only replaced the clutch and flywheel.

I'm not sure if my throwout bearing was my initial reason for the clutch failure, but having the original bearing on the new clutch was not a good idea. I'm pretty sure of that.

So, I have ordered the Exedy Throwout bearing and stainless steel clutch line. My local mechanic is going to take it apart to install the new throwout bearing, at that point, we will also inspect to ensure that the RXT and flywheel are still undamaged. Here is to hoping that it will just be the throwout bearing.

Oh and I've been driving stick for 20 years... I think I have it down packed by now. :) This is the first car I have ever had clutch problems.
is the throwout bearing covered under warrenty?

Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
yeah they dropped the ball on that every time ive done a clutch, it comes with a new tb....silly to go through replacing a clutch and fw and not changing a 50 dollar tb ..

Moi16gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt performance package
Im having a thowout bearing noise, did you ever get this fixed?

Mdavis.geo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT-CS Triple Yellow
Having the same issue as the OP but on a non-PP 2016 GT. I have 41K miles on the stock clutch.
Car is FBO with a Lund tune and 3.55 gears, mods have been on for almost a year now.

Debating on the throwout bearing being the culprit.

Hopefully one of you guys can help.

Thanks
Sponsored