radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Hi
With standard issue Vic plates, is there a "bend" in the plate and frame as it is fitted to front bumper?
Sponsored

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
"Wednesday, April 5th, 2017:
Unfortunately, having spent the best part of the past month in hospital, I've been forced, reluctantly, to agree to take a complete break from work. (I'm not permitted to count hospital time as "rest and relaxation"!)

This involves leaving the website in “view only” mode and not taking phone calls. I will be back in action again early in May.

Once again, I sincerely apologise for this disruption " from lakin's website.

saw that while reseaching.

i am not getting custom plates,

do you know whats specs the plates would be ?? there are like 6 different onces for NSW @.@. maybe best ask the dealer what type of plates i am getting. better not be those damn yellow ones

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
do you know whats specs the plates would be ?? there are like 6 different onces for NSW @.@. maybe best ask the dealer what type of plates i am getting. better not be those damn yellow ones
Most (not all) NSW dealerships include "premium" plates as part of their drive away deals these days. The are the slimline plates with black letters on a white background (front plate is slimmer than the rear). Some dealers will give you their own branded premium plates with their dealership name emblazoned all over them. :barf:

I have seen a couple of 'Stangs getting around with the standard yellow ones, though.

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Received my lakin brackets today to fit the USA style mustang plates. Excellent product and seamless finish, great service from Phillip. Now just to keep waiting for my pony haha

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Received my lakin brackets today to fit the USA style mustang plates. Excellent product and seamless finish, great service from Phillip. Now just to keep waiting for my pony haha
Is he back making them again?

Sponsored

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Is he back making them again?
I ordered these in April. Phillip was getting his last batches finished before taking time off.

Brendan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBC 2017MY Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
Got mine from Phillip yesterday - excellent service, excellent quality. All I need now is the car!!

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Fitted my Lakins after a bit of help from Phillip on where to drill the rear bracket. Great product

Last edited:

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Was talking to Philip today, he was saying that he has been trying to keep a few common Mustang brackets on hand for customers to keep a fast turnaround time.

His website still says that it isn't accepting orders, but he is. :)

ShadowBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT S550 Shadow Black
Spoke to Philip today at Lakin plates.

He took my order over the phone. Great service.

Philip has asked me to post on this forum that he IS taking online orders for Mustang plates & disregard the message regarding taking no orders.

He said he's prioritising Mustang plates over other vehicle types for members of this forum as he's been well supported by the Mustang community.

Sponsored

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue
Ordered on 7th July got an e-mail yesterday advising they had been dispatched by express post. Great friendly service, looking forward to fitting them next weekend.

Fitted this afternoon.
lakin front plate.jpg

Last edited:

ShadowBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT S550 Shadow Black
Hi Guys.

I spoke with Philip from Lakin plates today.
As it turns out, my plates were also placed in the mail today.

As you all know he's provided a fantastic service to the mustang community for some time.

He has asked me to place a post here on his behalf.

He's advised he is no longer taking any orders for any type of plates on his website. This is due to family health issues.

However, he also acknowledges how much support & business he's received thru the 6g forum and he also doesn't want to let any future mustang owners down.

With that in mind. He's said if anyone from this forum is looking to get Lakin plates. Please leave a message on his mobile & mention your from the mustang6g forum and provide a name & contact phone number.

He's also asked to have guys expect long turnaround times. So order well in advance of expected delivery times.

What a gentlemen, although family health issues are priority for him. He also doesn't want to disappoint any mustang owners after the support he's received over the years.

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys.

I spoke with Philip from Lakin plates today.
As it turns out, my plates were also placed in the mail today.

As you all know he's provided a fantastic service to the mustang community for some time.

He has asked me to place a post here on his behalf.

He's advised he is no longer taking any orders for any type of plates on his website. This is due to family health issues.

However, he also acknowledges how much support & business he's received thru the 6g forum and he also doesn't want to let any future mustang owners down.

With that in mind. He's said if anyone from this forum is looking to get Lakin plates. Please leave a message on his mobile & mention your from the mustang6g forum and provide a name & contact phone number.

He's also asked to have guys expect long turnaround times. So order well in advance of expected delivery times.

What a gentlemen, although family health issues are priority for him. He also doesn't want to disappoint any mustang owners after the support he's received over the years.
What a damned trooper.

His plate holders are certainly a whole lot better than what Ford used

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Will be interesting to see what (if anything) Lakin eventually have on offer for the 2018.

From the website:

Unfortunately, I am having to temporarily close LAKIN Custom Plate Brackets for an extended period.

Health issues within my immediate family are making it impossible for me to devote the time required to provide a reliable service to customers.

During my "down" time I have plans to develop and bring to production an entirely new system for mounting number plates.

I tentatively estimate that it will take me till Christmas 2017 to sort out the health issues which have been dogging me.
Hoping that Philip's ongoing personal situation improves - he has delivered a great product and service to so many of us.

Keen to see what his new mounting system will be.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
The slimline plates I got (in QLD) came with a pretty hefty casing.

Would I still need one of these plate holders or is that it built in with the plates?
I had the very heavy Qld Prestige plates as well but I've now found that you can order them in Flexi-Plate .
Speaking to my dealer he said they just attach them with double-sided tape (no need to drill holes) -they bend to fit the bumper and are very light.
Sponsored