The sound of Magnaflow Street series Cat-back & MMR Cold Air Intake together

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016, BMW F11 M kit 2013, Seat Ateca 2017, Volvo T8 2019
If you ever would come to Belgium, be my guest to come do it on the lift!
Cool of you!

PJ do you have any info on the "legality" in Belgium meanwhile?
Can we isntall it and go safely to the control or still no clear answer?

If so we will all have the same sound in the end like the car of Stefano :cheers:
Sponsored

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Cool of you!

PJ do you have any info on the "legality" in Belgium meanwhile?
Can we isntall it and go safely to the control or still no clear answer?

If so we will all have the same sound in the end like the car of Stefano :cheers:
Hi Kris!

Just to be sure: didn't my e-mail about the cat-back and the annual control arrive last week? If not, tell your mailserver MustangMustHaves ain't no spam :tsk::lol:

But in short: with the cat-back only way to be 100% is get the EC-approved one from Borla/Ford. Took the emissions test with a full turboback (catalyst being the cobb downpipe) and that came out perfect. Thread with the full write-up about it is this one. However, if whomever is performing the control thinks you've got a different exhaust and asks for the approval documents, you won't have one to show.

What I'd do: pick the exhaust you like best (sound, looks, quality, ...) with long term mod plans (do you want a downpipe as well down the road, ...) and what you want from the exhaust (just a little louder, loud, so loud it the drone will shatter your ears :lol:, deep sound, raspy sound, pops, no pops, ...) in mind. Enjoy your cat-back for 4 years, and when the day of the annual control's there and want to be 100% sure, just change it back for the day. Then enjoy your exhaust another 2 years worry free :D! At least, that's how most that come by me will be doing it.

Personally, I'd probably just give it a go and not change anything back on my car, since a. the cobb catalyst passes the emissions test just as well as the stock catalyst and b. with the straight rounded tips it has now, I doubt the controller will notice it wasn't that way stock on an exotic car like the Mustang. And if that won't work, just change back the cat-back and leave the downpipe.

Whatever you do: try to hear the exhausts you're considering in person, hear it in action while driving (revving is 1 thing, but in the end you'll be driving it so that's where you want it to shine right). Cause honestly, they all sound crap on video. I should organise a mini meeting for people that still want an exhaust to come and hear all the different exhaust options :lol:

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
I also have this Magnaflow exhaust and it's not easy to align it, indeed. Left one is a bit lower - but when the exhaust tips go dark, you can't really notice it. When they are new and shiny it's much worse.
If it helps easing your mind, I believe it's not even always possible to get them exactly the same (unfortunately). There's just to much parts where it can go a 1mm 'wrong' with an exhaust systems where the parts slide into each other ending with 5mm at the tips. A well made system that connects with flanges is SO much easier to get perfect, cause you know, if it's not perfect the bolts just won't fit through the holes :lol:

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
Hi I'm looking to buy the Magnaflow Street catback for my 2017 Mustang Ecoboost. I have read some good and bad reviews about it. I do like the sound of the magnaflow exhaust but I'm worried about the drone, and not being to loud.

Are you guys still satisfied with the exhaust or would you prefer another exhaust/back to stock now that you have it for a while. Some told me that it's okay the first weeks but when it's broken in it will awfully drone even at low RPM's. And that's what worried me because it's my daily driver and I do quite some miles on the highway everyday. I will probably not install a CAI. Don't know if that changes anything about the sound/drone.

I either choose this exhaust or the Roush Axle back, I think those 2 sound the best, any other suggestions? I like the idea of the Magnaflow more because it's a catback. I don't really like the idea of cutting my exhaust because you can't go back to stock.

-Walt

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Hi I'm looking to buy the Magnaflow Street catback for my 2017 Mustang Ecoboost. I have read some good and bad reviews about it. I do like the sound of the magnaflow exhaust but I'm worried about the drone, and not being to loud.

Are you guys still satisfied with the exhaust or would you prefer another exhaust/back to stock now that you have it for a while. Some told me that it's okay the first weeks but when it's broken in it will awfully drone even at low RPM's. And that's what worried me because it's my daily driver and I do quite some miles on the highway everyday. I will probably not install a CAI. Don't know if that changes anything about the sound/drone.

I either choose this exhaust or the Roush Axle back, I think those 2 sound the best, any other suggestions? I like the idea of the Magnaflow more because it's a catback. I don't really like the idea of cutting my exhaust because you can't go back to stock.

-Walt
When picking exhausts for the Ecoboost, there's only one rule: stay away from youtube :lol:

In all seriousness, there's only one way to find out which one you like best IMO and that's by driving with them. And since you're from Belgium... If you like, we have a Magnaflow Competition (my old exhaust before I changed to the Cobb) and a Cobb cat-back lying around just for people to test and the Cobb Turboback to show on our car if that would help you :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
IMO the Magnaflow Street is perfect because it's not too loud and it does not sounds "stupid" - I mean, like trying to sound like a V8 engine with half the cilynders :D
For me it's my daily driver, I do about 30 kms per day and when driving relaxed at about 2k rpm (like 90% of the time for me) it is unnoticeable.

Pushing the pedal wakes it up but the louder in my case is the CAI :) but it's never too loud.. I really like this exhaust and this combination with the CAI. At the last Tuscany meeting mine was the only Mustang with an aftermarket exhaust and the others sound like a bunch of Fiestas :lol::lol:

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible

-Walt
I agree with [MENTION=12253]papinist[/MENTION] as I have had Magnaflow Street on my Ecoboost Convertible for a few months. Looks much better than standard, sounds far better (not too loud), and zero drone. I also fitted the Airraid CAI at the same time. Hear lots of people state to avoid CAI on Ecoboost but as this is a completely sealed new airbox, I think it should be ok- looks great & you hear the turbo now. :)
IMG_1682.jpg

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I already hear the turbo...

Sponsored

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
When picking exhausts for the Ecoboost, there's only one rule: stay away from youtube :lol:

In all seriousness, there's only one way to find out which one you like best IMO and that's by driving with them. And since you're from Belgium... If you like, we have a Magnaflow Competition (my old exhaust before I changed to the Cobb) and a Cobb cat-back lying around just for people to test and the Cobb Turboback to show on our car if that would help you :)
I think you are right about youtube haha. Most exhaust videos for the ecoboost have dislikes anyway because people can't get past the fact that it's not a V8 and therefor does not sound like it.

At the moment I'm still breaking in my car but when it's done I might do some mods. I will definitely contact you to hear the exhaust you have on your ecoboost when the time comes, thank you for the offer!

I would never ever put an aftermarket exhaust on my daily driver.
I understand your point but as long as it does not sound too loud I think it's not that bad. It's my daily driver because it's my only car and most of it are driving to work and back, the rest of it is all cruising all weekend :cheers:

IMO the Magnaflow Street is perfect because it's not too loud and it does not sounds "stupid" - I mean, like trying to sound like a V8 engine with half the cilynders :D
For me it's my daily driver, I do about 30 kms per day and when driving relaxed at about 2k rpm (like 90% of the time for me) it is unnoticeable.

Pushing the pedal wakes it up but the louder in my case is the CAI :) but it's never too loud.. I really like this exhaust and this combination with the CAI. At the last Tuscany meeting mine was the only Mustang with an aftermarket exhaust and the others sound like a bunch of Fiestas :lol::lol:
Yeah I saw your video it does sound really nice, I can imagine it sounds even better in person!

I agree with [MENTION=12253]papinist[/MENTION] as I have had Magnaflow Street on my Ecoboost Convertible for a few months. Looks much better than standard, sounds far better (not too loud), and zero drone. I also fitted the Airraid CAI at the same time. Hear lots of people state to avoid CAI on Ecoboost but as this is a completely sealed new airbox, I think it should be ok- looks great & you hear the turbo now. :)
Nice engine cover man! Where did you get it?

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!
-Walt

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
I think you are right about youtube haha. Most exhaust videos for the ecoboost have dislikes anyway because people can't get past the fact that it's not a V8 and therefor does not sound like it.

At the moment I'm still breaking in my car but when it's done I might do some mods. I will definitely contact you to hear the exhaust you have on your ecoboost when the time comes, thank you for the offer!

I understand your point but as long as it does not sound too loud I think it's not that bad. It's my daily driver because it's my only car and most of it are driving to work and back, the rest of it is all cruising all weekend :cheers:

Yeah I saw your video it does sound really nice, I can imagine it sounds even better in person!

Nice engine cover man! Where did you get it?

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!
-Walt
Got the engine cover carbon dipped & painted by a company locally to me. Lots of people have painted their own engine cover but wanted mine half carbon & red so had to get done professionally.

Bazzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
MMR cai for sale

Someone interested in a MMR red big tube CAI?
I have one for sale.
Head gasket is leaking and will be repaired and followed up the next months.
Sponsored